PDA

View Full Version : Lost Odyssey HQ video

Zelda_fan
09-20-06, 11:57 PM
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/731/731773/vids_1.html

IGN released a much higher quality of the lost odyssey showing at TGS (previous thread had shakey cam version), and all I can say is WOW. They are playing that on an actual demo that will be released on XBOX live this october. WOW. Can't wait to play that demo.

To be honest, this has been a majoy game i've been looking foward to ever since Mystwalker announced it over a year ago.

kev13dd
09-21-06, 12:16 AM
I actually watched the full video, and I'm usually lazy when it comes to watching a demo all the way through. But the cut scene were pretty amazing. The actual gameplay though I'd hope have more depth than what this showed. You click who to attack, you attack, they attack back, repeat... MS needs games like this to capture Japan, so I can't wait to see how well the actual demo does at picking up people's interest

msxyz
09-21-06, 02:53 AM
Behind this title there is most of the key people that made the classic 8-16 bit Final Fantasy + Takehiko Inoue (author of Vagabond and Slam Dunk comics) who is in charge of the art direction.

If this game and Blue Dragon (art direction by Akira Toryama!) don't sell the Xbox in Japan, nothing will. Which would be sad because these games are coming along nicely and they look like potential masterpieces in their genre.

msxyz
09-22-06, 12:31 PM
IGN had a hand-on preview:

Here is an interesting quote:

Sakaguchi says Lost Odyssey is being translated into eight languages, including English, Korean, two kinds of Chinese, Spanish, and German. Only the English, Korean, and of course Japanese will get full voice acting, he said. Sakaguchi made it clear that he was very concerned about the accuracy of lip-synching in his game, so close attention will be paid to that aspect. Though the demo will be released in Japan with Famitsu later on this year, Mistwalker hasn't forgotten the rest of the world. Sakaguchi says he's trying to get a demo to the United States and other territories through Xbox Live, though it wasn't clear whether this will become a reality. In terms of when gamers can expect to play the final version, Sakaguchi is aiming for a simultaneous worldwide release.

oldsk00l
09-22-06, 12:34 PM
Behind this title there is most of the key people that made the classic 8-16 bit Final Fantasy + Takehiko Inoue (author of Vagabond and Slam Dunk comics) who is in charge of the art direction.

If this game and Blue Dragon (art direction by Akira Toryama!) don't sell the Xbox in Japan, nothing will. Which would be sad because these games are coming along nicely and they look like potential masterpieces in their genre.

QFT, this is some really good stuff that the japanese just latch into. Microsoft is turning out some really good gems over there with this stuff.

Marvel_us
09-22-06, 08:41 PM
OMFG! This is one of the best vids I've seen in a while. Just from the vid my mind is telling me I NEED this game!

Wow!