PDA

View Full Version : MSI 7900GS Shipment Stolen

MikeC
09-21-06, 11:11 AM
http://www.msicomputer.com/msiforms2/stolen.asp

"Dear Customers,

We have recently found that our VGA cards as below image with green PCB had been stolen during transportation. We also found out that there are some unknown company and person selling those stolen VGA cards on website such as www.woot.com auction. Please be advised that those VGA cards are pilferage and there will be no warranty on those VGA cards. We strongly suggest you not to purchase the aforementioned VGA cards, the real MSI VGA card for channel is using red PCB as below. If you have already purchased such green PCB VGA card, we appreciate if you can inform us with whom you bought it. We are now asking police for help and we apologize for the inconvenience to you."

Krazykilla
09-21-06, 12:14 PM
Wow click on the MSI link provided in the first post. From there you can see the difference in the "Stolen" and "Legit" video cards. I think I would rather take my chances with the stolen version then that horrible looking "legit" video card.

MikeC
09-21-06, 12:20 PM
Wow click on the MSI link provided in the first post. From there you can see the difference in the "Stolen" and "Legit" video cards. I think I would rather take my chances with the stolen version then that horrible looking "legit" video card.

So you're an idiot why do you think we care?

Krazykilla
09-21-06, 12:29 PM
ahh.....Mike thats not nice...learn to play well with others. /hug

MikeC
09-21-06, 12:37 PM
ahh.....Mike thats not nice...learn to play well with others. /hug

I can play nice but not about stolen merchandise. The consumer is the one that ends up paying for theft.

Krazykilla
09-21-06, 12:45 PM
I would just expect the Administrator to be a little nicer to people posting their personal opinion about how a video card looks and/or performs. This behavior might make a few people nervous about posting opinions and suggestions on this forum if they get such negative feedback from the man in charge.

MikeC
09-21-06, 12:49 PM
I would just expect the Administrator to be a little nicer to people posting their personal opinion about how a video card looks and/or performs. This behavior might make a few people nervous about posting opinions and suggestions on this forum if they get such negative feedback from the man in charge.

Grow up and face reality. Stolen merchandise is stolen merchandise for you to condon such actions is not going to get you "nicer" treatment by me or any of my staff.

evilghost
09-21-06, 01:05 PM
We have recently found that our VGA cards as below image with green PCB had been stolen during transportation.

Looks like someone celebrated Pirate Day in a very different way, thanks for the info.

J-Mag
09-21-06, 01:37 PM
I think I would rather take my chances with the stolen version then that horrible looking "legit" video card.

huh? You would rather have a card with no warranty because you don't like red? Seems pretty retarded...

fivefeet8
09-21-06, 01:53 PM
Woot.com was selling these cards for $140 a few weeks ago(before the official retail release). They sold out very quickly. I guess those were the afformentioned cards.

rflair
09-21-06, 03:24 PM
They say they've asked for help from the authorities, I wonder if their going to get any where though seeing as this is probably organized crime and woot.com probably was pulled into the scam and the perps disappeared soon after the transaction. But still imagine the police do get somewhere and mange to take down a major organized crime ring because of this.

Was there an actual unit amount posted, I'm just wondering what kind of dollar amount was lost.

candle_86
09-21-06, 04:30 PM
yea I heard about this on rage3d, I feel sorry for those that bought one of these, I wonder if you turn in your stolen card and shipment details will MSI send you a retail card.

ViN86
09-21-06, 04:32 PM
at least they got the word out so ppl with those cards can contact MSI and possibly get the person who they bought the card from busted.

DataMatrix
09-21-06, 05:59 PM

Yeah it's like eye damage on the MSI card.

XDanger
09-24-06, 03:10 PM
so MSI just re-spray and stick on a cooler to reference cards .But how would anyone know they had a stolen MSI? The green cards are just normal NVidia reference no??????. These 7900gs' are very cheap, are they stolen?

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/393507/art/pixmania/geforce-7900gs-256-mb-pci.html?srcid=867

on closer inspection (looking) I see the stolen cards dont have a rpm lead

Capt. Picard
09-24-06, 03:44 PM
... We have recently found that our VGA cards as below image with green PCB had been stolen during transportation ...

I just saw a Vin Diesel (The Pacifier) movie and after reading this I couldn't help but think of that open scene where Vin and co hijacked the truck shipment of electronic equipment. I wonder how these stuff were stolen.

Edit: Forgot to say in Fast and Furious

Treason
09-25-06, 03:43 PM
There was a story last week in Hong Kong about police catching a truck with a pallet of stolen CPU's, DDR2 ram chips, and motherboard components. It was displayed to the public. MUYA might be able to fill you in.

grey_1
09-25-06, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the info MikeC, stolen goods = screwed consumers all the way around.

crainger
09-25-06, 07:35 PM
I just saw a Vin Diesel (The Pacifier) movie and after reading this I couldn't help but think of that open scene where Vin and co hijacked the truck shipment of electronic equipment. I wonder how these stuff were stolen.

Wasn't he also stealing truckloads of DVD players and TVs in Fast and the Furious?

I wonder if MSI should question Mr Diesel?

Crow_Nest
09-27-06, 09:45 AM
http://www.msicomputer.com/msiforms2/stolen.asp

"Dear Customers,

We have recently found that our VGA cards as below image with green PCB had been stolen during transportation. We also found out that there are some unknown company and person selling those stolen VGA cards on website such as www.woot.com auction. Please be advised that those VGA cards are pilferage and there will be no warranty on those VGA cards. We strongly suggest you not to purchase the aforementioned VGA cards, the real MSI VGA card for channel is using red PCB as below. If you have already purchased such green PCB VGA card, we appreciate if you can inform us with whom you bought it. We are now asking police for help and we apologize for the inconvenience to you."

Wow, nice crooks. I hope half of the cards they stole are all defective ones. Anyway the red PCB one looks much cooler IMO.

Capt. Picard
09-27-06, 09:58 AM
Wasn't he also stealing truckloads of DVD players and TVs in Fast and the Furious?

I wonder if MSI should question Mr Diesel?

That's the movie. I forgot to say F 'n F. He stole nothing in the Pacifier.

Riptide
09-27-06, 10:25 AM
huh? You would rather have a card with no warranty because you don't like red? Seems pretty retarded...Oh yeah, it's retarded alright. Who needs a warranty right? ;)

XDanger
09-27-06, 04:51 PM
Palit of 7900gs' stolen ? They are the cheapest.

Deputy Doofy
09-27-06, 05:13 PM
I like both but as an an outstanding pulocie officeor i would tak the green one!`1