PDA

View Full Version : New 7950 GX2

fatal1ty
09-21-06, 02:55 PM
I just got an EVGA 7950 GX2 to replace my overclocked X1900XTX. So far Q4 and Fear show gains of 20 - 30 FPS at the settings I'm used to - very happy with that!

I am wondering about new games like Madden 07 and El Matador demo though. I am using the 92.91s from Nzone. Without having a profile for these games I'm assuming it's like running a single 7900 GT? Since the performance is really slow right now and FRAPS shows quite abit less than what I was getting with my X1900XTX. How do I create a profile and enable dual GPU support for these games that are not yet profiled in the drivers? Also, how do you know if for each game dual GPU support is in fact enabled and working? Also, in Fear extraction point I do not have 1280x960 as a available as a resolution...this a bug?

Thanks in advance for the help. I haven't been with the green team since the 7800 GTX, and I've never used SLI or dual GPU before so I'm a n00b when it comes to this right now.

Also, Aqumark 3 doesnt seem to support dual GPU either for some reason....

F

K007
09-21-06, 07:44 PM
One way to check is get nhancer beta. Then enable SLI load balance bars in the SLI tab (Global). re run ure game..see from there..if sli is bieng used u will see green bars...if not then there is no profile..usually the game thread it self has all the sli users giving feedback so give it a shot.

fatal1ty
09-21-06, 10:01 PM
One way to check is get nhancer beta. Then enable SLI load balance bars in the SLI tab (Global). re run ure game..see from there..if sli is bieng used u will see green bars...if not then there is no profile..usually the game thread it self has all the sli users giving feedback so give it a shot.

Even with a single 7950 GX2 this will show the SLI load balance bars?

fatal1ty
09-21-06, 10:10 PM
Any ideas why I dont have 1280x960 as an option in NV drivers or FEAR?

I have it with my X1900XTX installed?

Is it the beta drivers maybe?

fatal1ty
09-22-06, 01:57 AM

K007
09-22-06, 05:38 AM
Even with a single 7950 GX2 this will show the SLI load balance bars?

Its SLI so yea it will..why nvidia wont show..well only thing i can think of is that they want it to be shown that its 1 card....would explain the temp results too..

fatal1ty
09-22-06, 08:11 AM
Ok - so for new games, they need a profile for the 7950 GX2 to work properly? I'm still having issues with a few new games not running well? When I create a profile it just says single, nothing about AFR or the mode.

K007
09-22-06, 04:30 PM
Well i use nhander since its alot more easy to setup..but yes the game needs a profile for the sli to work properly..nvidia usually gets them out pretty fast....and most people on the forums do play arround usually and post there feedback so i wouldn't worry much about the sli profile but i would use nhander/sli load balance bars to make sure sli is working.