PDA

View Full Version : Online retailer sells overclockable CPU's.

Pages : [1] 2

demonized
02-17-03, 11:04 PM
http://www.eglobalonline.com/ocpu.asp

Should i get this athlon XP 1700 which they say can be overclocked to 2.2Ghz .

it says:
AX1700DMT3C
JIUHB 0302XPCW

can anyone tell me if this is a palomino or a thoroughbred and if it can really be overclocked that high just because it says JIUHB on the chip?

StealthHawk
02-18-03, 01:27 AM
i'm pretty sure it's a Palomino.

supposedly these chips are good overclockers. as always, when overclocking YMMV.

anxdiety
02-18-03, 05:32 AM
I thought it was the JUICB chips that were the awesome overclockers hitting around 2 gigs on air alone. found the link in another thread in this forum to an entire discussion. If i come across it i'll post it here for ya

Smokey
02-18-03, 06:46 AM
JUICB is a T-Bred B, but the price might be a bit high, look around.

Great thread here (http://www.forumoc.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=43888&perpage=15&pagenumber=1)

demonized
02-18-03, 06:56 AM
those prices are in canadian dollars.
thx. for the link.

StealthHawk
02-18-03, 04:44 PM
and AX1700DMT3C is a Palomino :p

edit: i even looked up the model number, so i'm sure.

maybe the site mislabeled it?

gokickrocks
02-18-03, 06:45 PM
get the overclockable amd's from excaliberpc.com ...
http://www.excaliberpc.com/default.php?cPath=178_186

they list whether or not it is a tred b and even give you the stepping code

demonized
02-18-03, 08:46 PM
thx. for looking it up. just one more question.
do stepping codes guaranty that it will overclock well?

gokickrocks
02-19-03, 03:21 AM
they give better odds for overclocking, but is always a gamble

john19055
02-19-03, 11:33 AM
If you can get a XP 1700 to overclock to 2.2gig I think that would be a good choice,I had a XP 1900 and the best it would overclock stable was around 1.8gig.MY XP 1900 had AX1900DMT3C
AGOGA0151VPBW
YZ433230819
on the chip, and it was a Palomino.

stilllife
02-20-03, 09:08 AM
ok the chip you want is a AXDA1700DUT3C
JUIHB 0302
i have a 2400xp but got one of the 1700xp to try it out i got it for 65 dollers right now im running it at
200X11.5 2300mhz not bad for a 65 doller chip lol
the U in DUT3C meens its a t-bread B core

demonized
02-23-03, 09:14 PM
i ordered it friday and i think its suppose to be delivered tommorow. anyway i wish my epox 8rda+ didnt die. i could really use it. I wonder if my KT3 ultra can handle chip when i overclock it. to unlock the t-bred b all i have to do is connect the 5th one from the L3 bridge right? i already have the unlocking kit so it should be easy.

demonized
02-23-03, 09:22 PM
one more question. whats next best nforce 2 motherboard for overclocking? i dont wanna get another one that would die again.
If you guys go to amdmb forums and go to the epox section. there's like 2-3 threads for each page thats about the blank screen problem or the stuck FF code on the mobo's diagnostic LED.

stilllife
02-23-03, 09:45 PM
Well i never had a prob with this epox i just RMA my a7n8x bios lock up i have been hereing good things about the Abit nforce but you have to get the rev 1.2 not 1.1 ok check it out

demonized
02-23-03, 10:07 PM
The new revision is named NF7-S right?

stilllife
02-23-03, 10:14 PM
Yes the NF7-S rev 1.2 is what ya want to look at i dont know what ya doing with the board for stock speed asus for overclocking epox or abit

demonized
02-23-03, 10:26 PM
k. thx. March break is coming and i want something to keep me busy.

demonized
02-24-03, 02:06 AM
has anyone here from canada used UPS to deliver stuff they buy online? how fast are they? I ordered the thing friday afternoon. im expecting it to be here by monday since they had 2 days to have it delivered. i just contacted excaliburPC and they said it should be shipped out monday. does that mean it hasnt even left US? i've been browsing UPS.com (browsed for like an hour) and cant find any information when it would be delivered. also about the customs clearance stuff how does it work and how will i be charged for the tax. Are they gonna send me a bill or something? i havent bought anything online thats outside canada so im quite confused.

StealthHawk
02-24-03, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by demonized
i just contacted excaliburPC and they said it should be shipped out monday. does that mean it hasnt even left US?

that should mean it hasn't left the warehouse yet.

FastM
02-24-03, 02:43 PM
has anyone here from canada used UPS to deliver stuff they buy online? how fast are they? I ordered the thing friday afternoon. im expecting it to be here by monday since they had 2 days to have it delivered. i just contacted excaliburPC and they said it should be shipped out monday. does that mean it hasnt even left US? i've been browsing UPS.com (browsed for like an hour) and cant find any information when it would be delivered. also about the customs clearance stuff how does it work and how will i be charged for the tax. Are they gonna send me a bill or something? i havent bought anything online thats outside canada so im quite confused.

We all learn the hardway ;)

Im in Montreal, i once ordered some 60$USD Memory from the US and was hit with a 30$CAD TAX when it came to my door. So be prepared.... I only buy stuff from within canada now. (unless you have a friend in the US that can buy it for you then ship it as a gift)

btw, Iv'e used Epox boards for almost 2 years now, apart from one DOA iv'e never had any problems with around 50 systems built. Maybe i just got lucky but in my books Epox make a killer board for the price.

demonized
02-24-03, 03:56 PM
can u post links where u order your hardware?
the only ones i know is eglobal, ncix, and bigfootcomputers.

FastM
02-24-03, 04:35 PM
I usually find everything thing i need at local stores, usually at great prices to!

the only other online vendor i can think of is http://www.shoprbc.com/ca/

CaptNKILL
02-25-03, 09:13 PM
Thanks to the link the nVnews posted a few days ago, I just ordered a 1700+ TBred B from eXcaliber PC. I ordered the thing at like 4:30 PM and by 8:30 it was already shipped!! AWESOME SERVICE!!

I have an 1800+ palamino, but it runs so freaking hot without OCing (although ive been running it at 140FSB lately... so its a 1900+.. yay) I figured that I could OC this 1700 to much faster (at least 1.9Ghz is my goal) and have a much lower die temp. At 1900+ speeds, my 1800 hits 55C after 30mins of Prime95. Usually hits about 52C after a lot of gaming. I *KNOW* a TBred B wont get that hot with my cooling setup, with a reasonable overclock.

The biggest reason I bought a "slower" CPU is because I need to finish another comp im bulding (to sell), so I might as well stick my 1800+ in there AND give myself a highly overclockable CPU.

One thing, I need some varification here:
Im running a Gigabyte GA-7VRX (KT333) with 512Mbs of "decent" PC 2700. Ive read a few different OCing guides that say if I hit 166FSB (or higher) the 1.25x multiplier for the 166Mhz RAM goes back to 1x. That way, 166fbs (resulting in a really nice CPU clock boost) wouldnt stress the RAM any more than 133fsb, because the board auto detects the multiplier that is needed. I just need some confirmation from you guys so I dont go blow up my RAM when I throw the FSB up on this 1700+.

Another thing, is it also true that these 1700+ (maybe TBred Bs in general) are unlocked up to 12.5x multiplier? If so, im in for an easy ride. If not, I'll have to either unlock it or settle for a smaller OC (166x11 is still a respectable 1826Mhz.. almost 400Mhz OC!).

L8r guys :)

demonized
02-25-03, 11:00 PM
i dont think these T-breds are unlocked. although this time its easier to unlock cause you only need to connect one bridge. i believe its the 5th one from the L3 bridges. I've been reading alot of threads about these chips. Go to xtremesystems.org. they have lots of information about overclocking. from unlocking CPU's to voltage mods for motherboards. you'll get excited after reading the threads about xp1700's. One guy got upto 2.8 using homemade cooling stuff.

StealthHawk
02-25-03, 11:39 PM
i dont think these T-breds are unlocked. although this time its easier to unlock cause you only need to connect one bridge. i believe its the 5th one from the L3 bridges. I've been reading alot of threads about these chips. Go to xtremesystems.org. they have lots of information about overclocking. from unlocking CPU's to voltage mods for motherboards. you'll get excited after reading the threads about xp1700's. One guy got upto 2.8 using homemade cooling stuff.

i've heard that the tbredB 1700+ and 2100+ both come factory unlocked. people on the internet have told me that ALL tbredBs are in fact unlocked by default, however, i don't know the validity of that.

edit: i stand corrected. nforce2 boards allow you to change the multiplier without physically unlocking the CPU.

sorry for the misinformation. oh well, what better board to pair an AMD CPU with than an nforce2 :)