PDA

View Full Version : Playing videos and DVDs show split screen and funky colors on TV out (secondary).

ant
09-22-06, 01:52 AM
Hello.

I am having display problems with my old CRT TV out (nothing fancy like HDTV, LCD, plasma, etc.) hooked up to a VCR to my XFX GeForce 6800 (AGP; 128 MB) using 91.47 driver (set to clone or whatever with full overlay display for videos). I use WinDVD 7, PowerDVD 7, Media Player Classic v6.4.9.0, VideoLan Client (VLC) Media Player v0.8.5, etc. to play various videos.

I noticed with DVDs, QuickTime (with K-Lite Codec Full Pack v2.77 and QuickTime Alternative v1.76), Google Video (AVI), etc, my TV out display is split in half (left and right side). The left frame has wrong colors (green, purple, etc.). Also, the picture flickers like crazy in play mode. In paused mode, either I see split screens with wrong colors or a non-split static
picture. Basically play mode switch back and forth. The primary screen (my 17" CRT monitor) does not show this.

And more weirder is that playing .TS and MPEG-2 to my TV does not have any problems.

Any ideas on what's happening and how to fix it? Thank you in advance. :)

ant
09-23-06, 12:47 AM
http://www.codecs.ipbfree.com/index.php?showtopic=1671&st=0& says to downgrade the driver back to 84.21. It worked.

Geez, NVIDIA is getting bad with its drivers like ATI. :(

Did you guys have problem this TV out's fullscreen overlay?