PDA

View Full Version : Samsung exec pleads guilty to price fixing! (DRAM)

Bman212121
09-23-06, 01:34 AM
http://today.reuters.com/business/newsarticle.aspx?type=media&storyID=nWBT005997&imageid=&cap=

I actually saw this from tomshardware, but it's starting to show up all over the place.

No wonder Dram has gone up a ton in the past few months.

nemecb
09-25-06, 03:09 PM
Yeah, I've been wondering why the stick of RAM that I wanted to buy to pair with the one I already have has gone up $30. I realize that DDR2 is what is being primarily produced these days, but the demand for DDR should have gone down as well to offset the lower supply. Instead it's more expensive than it's been in at least a couple of years.:(

Treason
09-25-06, 03:48 PM
People are still buying retail PC133 SDRAM for their Pentium II's and III's and AMD Duron's at exhorbitant prices.

nemecb
09-25-06, 04:50 PM
Yeah, not doing that. Which is why I'm still sitting at 1.5 gig underclocked because the mismatched sticks aren't stable at a full 400 Mhz. Sucks, but I'm not throwing well over $100 into old technology. Will just wait until I go DDR2 and buy a matched pair.

Edit: Apparently this is from an investigation from around 2003, so definitely not the cause of the ridiculous prices today.