PDA

View Full Version : PS3 graphics look really good

ArturNOW
09-23-06, 11:02 AM
I'm just watching all those first generation games trailers for PS3 and I'm really content with graphics. Both from technical and artistic side. And I noticed one importand thing. All PS3 games have anisotropy filtring applied.

russ_3d
09-23-06, 11:15 AM
All PS3 games have anisotropy filtring applied.

oh please dont start everyone off on anisotropy

popcorn:

oldsk00l
09-23-06, 11:28 AM
Kameo, GRAW, PGR3, they all hold their own against PS3.

That said though, Lair looked pretty damn impressive. As impressive as Gears of War at least.

Marvel_us
09-23-06, 11:49 AM
Kameo, GRAW, PGR3, they all hold their own against PS3.

That said though, Lair looked pretty damn impressive. As impressive as Gears of War at least.

You really think so? I think it looks good but not great. The main dragon looks good but the others looks bad for some reason. The game is supposedly only 35% complete so I'll hold my judgement for now. The sea looks amazing though.

|MaguS|
09-23-06, 12:02 PM
You really think so? I think it looks good but not great. The main dragon looks good but the others looks bad for some reason. The game is supposedly only 35% complete so I'll hold my judgement for now. The sea looks amazing though.

I agree with both of you, Some parts of the game rival any other title announced on the consoles but others look really poor but I think its just due to it being an early build.

I do think that some of the launch titles for the PS3 are just at a higher quality then those that were available for the X360 at launch. I mean look at resistance, it looks better then most FPS titles on the market.

Zelda_fan
09-23-06, 06:34 PM
I'm just watching all those first generation games trailers for PS3 and I'm really content with graphics. Both from technical and artistic side. And I noticed one importand thing. All PS3 games have anisotropy filtring applied.

Most of the good looking PS3 games are not first gen. MGS, Lair, Heavenly Sword, etc are not first gen, and probably won't be out till 2007.

Mesce
09-23-06, 07:04 PM
Most of the good looking PS3 games are not first gen. MGS, Lair, Heavenly Sword, etc are not first gen, and probably won't be out till 2007.

I dont see that being a problem since the PS3 is released in march 07 in Europe.

oldsk00l
09-24-06, 12:03 AM
I agree with both of you, Some parts of the game rival any other title announced on the consoles but others look really poor but I think its just due to it being an early build.

I do think that some of the launch titles for the PS3 are just at a higher quality then those that were available for the X360 at launch. I mean look at resistance, it looks better then most FPS titles on the market.
I still think it's going to revolve around how much $$ and efficiency devs have for some of these. Production costs are what's going to dictate what games look like for probably another year at least.

|MaguS|
09-24-06, 12:13 AM
I still think it's going to revolve around how much $$ and efficiency devs have for some of these. Production costs are what's going to dictate what games look like for probably another year at least.

With the increase cost I see also an increase in development time, Which I have no complaint against. I think getting fewer games a year but higher quality titles is a good trade off... This might be the end of budget console titles, atleast for the X360 and PS3.

ArturNOW
09-24-06, 07:54 AM
Hmmm only MGS can't be consider as true first gen game, because as I'm aware this game is out winter 2007 or so.

LiquidX
09-24-06, 02:10 PM
The PS3 has been getting alot of praise for its graphics. Gamespot made a list of the 8 best looking games at TGS and many of its game came out on top.

http://gamepro.com/gamepro/domestic/games/features/82231.shtml

Marvel_us
09-24-06, 06:24 PM
The PS3 has been getting alot of praise for its graphics. Gamespot made a list of the 8 best looking games at TGS and many of its game came out on top.

http://gamepro.com/gamepro/domestic/games/features/82231.shtml

Wow they gave Ridge Racer the number 1 spot. Dammit I wish I was there to play the demo.:(