PDA

View Full Version : PS3 to PSP Download Functionality

Marvel_us
09-23-06, 09:27 PM
Two of the potentially biggest PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Portable features are being demoed at the Tokyo Game Show in Sony's booth. Sony is showing its much hyped PlayStation 3 to PSP download functionality at the show, allowing gamers to download the original PlayStation Ridge Racer to a PSP and try out the game in emulated form.

Famitsu.com reports that the PSP allows players to adjust the Ridge Racer screen size to match up with the system's wide-screen display.

Sony has yet to announce a final date for the start of online distribution of PlayStation games, but it's expected some time later in the year.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/734/734922p1.html

oldsk00l
09-23-06, 09:50 PM
I could really dig this, it requires a beefier memory stick I'm sure, but there are some great PSX titles I'd love to have on the PSP.

Edge
09-23-06, 11:09 PM
Yeah, you'd probably need a 1 or 2 gig stick to hold a decent number of larger PS1 games. An interesting feature though, I wonder how much the games would cost. Maybe they'll even start offering downloadable PSP games as a bonus feature in PS3 games? Like buy Ridge Racer 7, and you can download the original Ridge Racer to your PSP with it?