PDA

View Full Version : Got a new LCD monitor...255BW Sasmung 22inch Wide Screen..my thoughts...

OrangeBlast
09-23-06, 11:27 PM
I'll make this brief.

I just bought myself the NEW 22inch Samsung WS 255BW LCD monitor. Its nice and big. 700:1 contrast ratio and 5ms response to it.

Currently I have it setup to my 7950GX2.

Its nice...very bright upon openin it up out of box...needed to install the samsung disc that came with it.

However...2 things that bug me greatly...

lots of bleeding on top and bottom of LCD during a black background.

and...

I cannot get rid of this blusih tint...if you were to hit your start menu and look on the right side of the column where printer and control panel are etc....well it looks bluish-greish...and I can't get rid of it.

I'll try a post a pic of what i'm talking about.

Also another thing....I get major buzzing when I manually select lower brightness when using the LCD monitor controls next to the power button.

also, the blues look well....really blue...like the blue on this forum i'm posting on....well its VERY blue...which is kind of nice.

I haven't tried any games yet.

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=3479545

meh, not the best picture. :(

Q
09-23-06, 11:44 PM
Honestly, it just sounds like you got a dud. The panel is not even coming up anywhere on Google.

You can try to adjust the blue from the monitor's control panel, if possible. Also, you could try setting up a color profile for Windows, but it doesn't sound like that would help much.

How much did you pay for it? It might just be a crappy budget monitor.

Anxious to see the pic, though.

OrangeBlast
09-23-06, 11:53 PM
Yea...its possible it could be a dud.

I'm kind of getting that feeling.

This is a brand new monitor that just got release 9/19/06...so people will be slow to review it and such..

Q
09-24-06, 01:04 AM
Monitors are one of the worse items to buy on release day. The advertised specs are far, far exagerated and often plain wrong. You should always wait so you can find out the true color depth (6 or 8 bit), refresh rate, and panel type.

Bearclaw
09-24-06, 01:59 AM
Good luck with whatever happens and with whatever you plan on doing.

Bman212121
09-25-06, 08:46 PM
I'll make this brief.

I just bought myself the NEW 22inch Samsung WS 255BW LCD monitor. Its nice and big. 700:1 contrast ratio and 5ms response to it.

Currently I have it setup to my 7950GX2.

Its nice...very bright upon openin it up out of box...needed to install the samsung disc that came with it.

However...2 things that bug me greatly...

lots of bleeding on top and bottom of LCD during a black background.

and...

I cannot get rid of this blusih tint...if you were to hit your start menu and look on the right side of the column where printer and control panel are etc....well it looks bluish-greish...and I can't get rid of it.

I'll try a post a pic of what i'm talking about.

Also another thing....I get major buzzing when I manually select lower brightness when using the LCD monitor controls next to the power button.

also, the blues look well....really blue...like the blue on this forum i'm posting on....well its VERY blue...which is kind of nice.

I haven't tried any games yet.

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=3479545

meh, not the best picture. :(

Damn, I was thinking about switching up my 19" that I just bought and getting the 22". I might have to test out one and see if I notice what your saying. If I do, I can always take it back.

Did you try adjusting the screen using the wizard? That seemed to help a lot with the 940bw. After you run the wizard it isn't as bright and has much better color depth.