PDA

View Full Version : Would you like to see an Unreal 3?

Pages : [1] 2

Intel17
09-24-06, 07:05 PM
I'm wondering...do you guys think that an Unreal 3, an actual true successor to the original Unreal in terms of storyline, art, etc., and, of course, developed by Epic, would be a fun game?

Personally, I'd love to see an Unreal 3 running on Unreal Engine 3...it would probably be graphically stunning. And since the engine is already there, and constantly being updated by an exclusive engine team, technology wouldn't take up a huge chunk of the development, and they could focus heavily on creating a fun game.

What do you guys think?

russ_3d
09-24-06, 07:08 PM
where do i sign?

:D

SH64
09-24-06, 07:11 PM
Indeed!

agentkay
09-24-06, 07:14 PM
Sure, why not. I know many people didnīt like Unreal 2, because it was rather weak story-wise but I still thought it was a decent game.

grey_1
09-24-06, 07:14 PM
Love to! I'd be crazier still about a true to the original remake using the U3 engine, that would be wild.:D

Intel17
09-24-06, 07:15 PM
I just remember playing that game and being wowed at its beauty, both technologically and artistically. Even a UE3 remake (with art content specifically designed with UE3 in mind) would be awesome...the community would probably use the, very flexible, tools to create new single player campaigns anyway!

Intel17
09-24-06, 07:17 PM
Sure, why not. I know many people didnīt like Unreal 2, because it was rather weak story-wise but I still thought it was a decent game.

Well, it was a fun game that was a lot like Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force, but it just wasn't Unreal. That's really where the disappointment lies, not that U2 was really a bad game.

jAkUp
09-24-06, 07:19 PM
Hey Intel17 where have you been? :)

Intel17
09-24-06, 07:30 PM
Hey, jAkUp, it's nice to be back at nVnews forums again!

russ_3d
09-24-06, 07:54 PM
unreal was one of the 1st pc games i ever played i think - with a voodoo :D

i would love to see some of the environment streaming creating some really huge outside expanses with a skarj invasion fleet - if they made some really cool (and really practical) futuristic buildings/levels and tons of baddies that would be ace

siorai
09-24-06, 09:05 PM
If it's like Unreal, then yes. If it's anything like Unreal 2, hell no.

nutcrackr
09-24-06, 10:20 PM
I got kinda bored with the original Unreal, yeah I didn't play it until about 4 years after it was released but I nocliped through the last 1/3rd of the game because it was boring. Unreal 2 was short, generic and great looking. I wouldn't mind seeing Unreal 3 though.

Rieper
09-24-06, 11:26 PM
I got kinda bored with the original Unreal, yeah I didn't play it until about 4 years after it was released but I nocliped through the last 1/3rd of the game because it was boring. Unreal 2 was short, generic and great looking. I wouldn't mind seeing Unreal 3 though.

As long as the script is done by Sierra/Ubisoft dev house, then hell yeah.

But don't let Cliffy B anywhere near the storyline or character dev...

CaptNKILL
09-24-06, 11:36 PM
I never finished the first. :o

crainger
09-24-06, 11:52 PM

Well go back and finish it!

I would play it again, but I've lost my disc :( Time for a dig in the closet.

SH64
09-25-06, 12:10 AM
Shame on j00! .. i finished the first one & its expansion pack too.

crainger
09-25-06, 12:16 AM
Shame on j00! .. i finished the first one & its expansion pack too.

Ah I forgot it has an expansion!

Do they sell it digitally? I really should buy these. I have a feeling I can't find my CD anymore as it was a pirate version and I chucked it (I was a bad bad boy).

SH64
09-25-06, 12:21 AM
Not sure .. the expansion name is Return to Na Pali .. just google for it.
the question is can you run it under WinXP now ?

CaptNKILL
09-25-06, 12:21 AM
Well go back and finish it!

I would play it again, but I've lost my disc :( Time for a dig in the closet.

I dont know, I guess plain single player first person shooters were never my cup of tea. I can probably name most of the ones I've ever finished.

Doom, Quake, Quake 2, Quake 3 (thats really just deathmatch with bots), Half-Life, Undying, Elite Force 2, Half-Life 2, Doom 3, Quake 4, FEAR, Chronicles of Riddick... and a couple low budget shareware games I picked up at a closeout store.

Thats really all that comes to mind. Any other FPS type games I've finished are more along the lines of RPG\FPS or Adventure\FPS hybrid games (Deus Ex, Realms of the Haunting, Call of Cthulhu).

I had Unreal Gold back in the day, it just never really grabbed me. :o

crainger
09-25-06, 12:28 AM
I dont know, I guess plain single player first person shooters were never my cup of tea. I can probably name most of the ones I've ever finished.

Doom, Quake, Quake 2, Quake 3 (thats really just deathmatch with bots), Half-Life, Undying, Elite Force 2, Half-Life 2, Doom 3, Quake 4, FEAR, Chronicles of Riddick...

I replayed Riddick yesterday. Finished it the same day.

I have a mate who has Unreal Gold. I'll buy it off him as he never liked the game. I loved the first game. The whole lost where the hell are you feeling was great.

CaptNKILL
09-25-06, 01:04 AM
I replayed Riddick yesterday. Finished it the same day.

CoR is an excellent game. I really really hope they make another one some day. It has to be the same style and by the same developers. Plus, I think the Riddick character is awesome, and its a story worth following (I have the Riddick Trilogy DVD set).

crainger
09-25-06, 01:09 AM
I agree. Just last night I was saying to my gf that they should make another Riddick game using the same developer and engine. I'd forgotten how good the graphics were.

Trilogy? Is that the two movies and animated movie? I haven't seen the animated one, I loved Pitch Black (I have been to the spot where they filmed it). Didn't think much of the 3rd movie though. It think its the first time the game has been better than the movie.

CaptNKILL
09-25-06, 01:18 AM
I agree. Just last night I was saying to my gf that they should make another Riddick game using the same developer and engine. I'd forgotten how good the graphics were.

Trilogy? Is that the two movies and animated movie? I haven't seen the animated one, I loved Pitch Black (I have been to the spot where they filmed it). Didn't think much of the 3rd movie though. It think its the first time the game has been better than the movie.
Yeah, the animated movie picks up right at the end of pitch black.

And I feel the same way about the movies. Pitch Black was fantastic. I loved it the first time I saw it. The animated one is good too, though I'm not a fan of anime, its done really well and the guy that did Aeon Flux back in the day still knows how to make a good gory animated film. :p

The third movie definitely isnt as good as Pitch Black. The dialog was pretty cheesey most of the time and it seemed like most of the actors over-acted, but it had some really good scenes and I liked the story. I was a bit surprised at the whole magical alien race part of it all because Pitch Black didnt show any of that, but it all fits into place after playing the game.

I think with some better writing, the next one will be great.

Anyways, lets not get this too far off topic. :D

DCult
09-25-06, 03:44 AM
Not sure .. the expansion name is Return to Na Pali .. just google for it.
the question is can you run it under WinXP now ?

It runs perfectly with the final patch. If you were lucky enough such as myself to keep the install directory, i.e. C:\unreal or d:\unreal it runs by clicking on unreal.exe :) It used to run sometimes choppy depending on the version of nvidia's drivers, but it runs perfectly smooth with the last 5 or something official drivers. I wish I could post somewhere the 300mb directory. :(

Intel17
09-25-06, 06:19 AM
You can buy the original game off of amazon.com used for pretty cheap. I was a late bloomer when it came to the unreal series (discovered the original UT back in 2002...unreal shortly thereafter), so amazon was my only bet :D