PDA

View Full Version : Test Drive is a real blockbuster in Europe

msxyz
09-25-06, 06:04 AM
Random interesting news I found while surfing.

In Germany and Italy, the game is currently at the top of the charts, according to Atari. The title is ranked number two in France, Belgium, and Norway. It's selling well also in the UK, The Netherlands, Sweden, and Denmark.

Test Drive Unlimited was released in Europe the 8th of September

DJMONDY
09-25-06, 07:35 AM
Im in the uk and tbh i dont think much of tdu. its very boaring and it doesnt look that good imo!

The graphics are choppy and theres alot of popup which is annoying. the cars look nice but thats about it and some of the city looks okish.

PGR3 is a much better looking game and much more fun to play.

Ive recently picked up Just Cause. now this is a good fun game but yet again it doesnt look amazing but its damn fun to play!!

Imo we seem to be losing quality in 360 games. PDZ, PGR3, Kameo, all the first releases looked awsome but new 360 games they are looking last gen.

msxyz
09-25-06, 09:26 AM
Imo we seem to be losing quality in 360 games. PDZ, PGR3, Kameo, all the first releases looked awsome but new 360 games they are looking last gen.
Some fo the first gen games were indeed spectacular despite the short time of development. I think Kameo is still one of the best looking games for the Xbox 360. High resolution textures, big environments, lot of objects on screen, offset mapping everywhere and some nice touches (ie the rainbow effect when looking at water under certain lighting conditions).

As for the games seemingly getting worse, I think it's mainlyly due to we're getting accustomed to a certain level of graphics and we are now more prone to pick small defects.

PGR3 is an example. When I first saw it in motion it looked absolutely fantastic but after a while I couldn't look at it without noticeing the lack of AA, the lower resolution, etc.

As for TDU, it is probably a love or hate title. I'm currently on the verge of buying this and I'm readin people opinions on different forums. Some praise it, other don't like it at all. Unfortunately I don't know anyone who own the game to try it first hand.

Becoming
09-25-06, 09:50 AM
Rental?

Mr_LoL
09-25-06, 10:56 AM
Yep I bought this with my 360 then after getting 60% through the game, the console died. Its a really good game although the TDU servers could do with a bit of work. I might get it for the pc.

BioHazZarD
09-25-06, 10:59 AM
Its a good game but its way to laggy when racing with others.. guess im spoiled with the lagfree PGR3.