PDA

View Full Version : Another Logitech Keyboard, another POS?

nekrosoft13
09-25-06, 07:10 AM
well, where to start, i been using the same keyboard (MS multimedia wireless keyboard) on my main pc for about 4 years. I had zero problems with it, but since my server needed a new keyboard. i decided to get a new keyboard for my main pc, and move the old faithful to the server.

on saturday i went to frys electronics to pick up the new logitech mx3200. right at store i wasn't sure if itís a good idea, especially after how bad mx5000 was. i returned mx5000 after two frustrating days.

after i got back home, moved the old keyboard to server, and hooked up the new one to my main pc. first thing i noticed how silent the keyboard was, it felt weird, you couldn't know if you actually hit the key, as it gave you no audible response.

second problem, is the wrist rest, itís made of soft rubber, and gets dirty very fast. after few minutes use, it was already slightly different color.

final problem, that really pissed me off, was during few quick games in flatout2, and company of heroes. i noticed that when you press or just tap downward arrow key (back). instead of moving one space down, it moves either 2-5 spaces; depends how hard you tap it.

after exiting the game, i went into excel, i started off in cell A1, pressed down arrow once, and magically i end up in A3, i press the key again, now i'm in A6.

WTF is logitech doing, do they really want to piss off their customers or what?

should i return it? what are some good keyboards on the market, only wireless? i don't care or want any wired.

Capt. Picard
09-25-06, 08:14 AM
I've got an cheap new logitech. I don't have the problem you have but that thing that bothers me most about logitech's design is the size of the enter button. It is the same size as the shift button :thumbdwn: Everytime I want to press the button I hav to look where I'm pressing otherwise I might press the backslash button just above it. :(

Xion X2
09-25-06, 12:28 PM
Wireless keyboards are all crap. You'd be better off going with one that's wired, because there's no signal interference. Nothing sucks more than to be playing a game and have your movement keys give out on you suddenly.

nekrosoft13
09-26-06, 11:26 AM
one thing is for sure, logitech lost a keyboard customer for life. never again will i buy a logitech keyboard.

went back to the store, returned mx3200, and got the brand new MS wireless laser desktop 6000 V2.

have no issues, is made of different plastic then mx3200, doesn't get dirty.

keys feel better.

MaXThReAT
09-26-06, 02:20 PM
Ooo that sucks man. I'm in love with my G15, LCD studio is amazing. I've been a long time Logitech fan, I'll fursur stay away from this POS I don't blame you at all.

Bearclaw
09-26-06, 02:27 PM
I got a free wireless logitech keyboard and mouse when I signed up for a bank account. I never hooked it up because my PC was black and it was white...it just wouldn't of worked.

nekrosoft13
09-26-06, 03:25 PM
i do like my mx1000, has to be the best wireless mouse, i remmeber back in the day when i had mx700, i just couldn't stand it. i will buy logitech mouse and gamepads,

but never again a keyboard.

here is my new keyboard
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/6697/img0014pe4.th.jpg (http://img144.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0014pe4.jpg)

and here is the mx3200 i returned, people at fry are crazy, person in charge or returns didn't want to take it back , because i threw out the plastic bags. i told them that the down arrow moved 2-5 spaces when you press it once, they put open box label on it, few minutes later i saw it on the shelve. for 10 dollars less.
mx3200, note the hand rest, that was 5-10 minutes after i took it out of the box.
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/3269/img0013nb0.th.jpg (http://img178.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0013nb0.jpg)

einstein_314
09-26-06, 06:12 PM
I personally have never had a single problem with any logitech products. These being speakers, mice, and keyboards. I love my G15 keyboard to bits. It's so perfect. The key action is like no other. And my G7 Mouse is awesome. I don't think I'll ever buy a non logitech keyboard/mouse. Well I suppose I might...if logitech starts sucking...but until then, it's Logitech FTW!!

MaXThReAT
09-26-06, 07:22 PM
i do like my mx1000, has to be the best wireless mouse

Yup I'm not letting go of my MX1000 until it's pried from my cold dead hands...or something better comes along but until then...cold dead hands.

I was going to suggest the G15 earlier but I figured you've seen it and/or it was out of the $ range. Pick one up if you can. This is the screen I made when I first got the G15 and I've kept it since and one I use for BF2. You can make any kind of custom one you want with way too much info on em like many.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/1820/m12vv6.jpg
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/6125/bf1gz3.jpg

nekrosoft13
09-26-06, 10:23 PM
G15 is nice, but i just don't want wired keyboard

crainger
09-26-06, 10:28 PM
G15 is nice, but i just don't want wired keyboard

If only the new G13 wasn't wired.

Bearclaw
09-26-06, 11:00 PM
If only the new G13 wasn't wired.
So let me get this right....the new one is the G13 and the old one is the G15..why make the new one go down in a number..shouldn't it go up.?? Crazy numbering scheme.

crainger
09-26-06, 11:16 PM
So let me get this right....the new one is the G13 and the old one is the G15..why make the new one go down in a number..shouldn't it go up.?? Crazy numbering scheme.

Basically the G13 is the same as the G15, just without the LCD screen. So it is actually the next model down.

Bearclaw
09-26-06, 11:23 PM
Basically the G13 is the same as the G15, just without the LCD screen. So it is actually the next model down.
Oh, got it. :p

Bman212121
09-27-06, 12:26 AM
I personally have never had a single problem with any logitech products. These being speakers, mice, and keyboards. I love my G15 keyboard to bits. It's so perfect. The key action is like no other. And my G7 Mouse is awesome. I don't think I'll ever buy a non logitech keyboard/mouse. Well I suppose I might...if logitech starts sucking...but until then, it's Logitech FTW!!

I hear that! Using z-5500's, G5, MX1000, MX5000 /w MX1000BT, MX310.

@ nekrosoft13

Yes, the MX5000 did seem to suck when I used it with the MX1000 mouse. If I just used the keyboard or the mouse, they didn't seem to interfere with each other nearly as bad. Also, the new drivers have helped out a lot with keeping the keyboard in sync. I've used the 5000 upstairs with the receiver downstairs, and about 20 feet between them and it still worked fine.

nekrosoft13
09-28-06, 02:40 PM
sorry, Bman, doesn't matter what you say about mx5000

its still the worst keyboard in history.

and their new mx3200 for the hand rest to get dirty 5-10 minutes after taking it out of the box. its a ****ing joke.

i'm using my new MS keyboard for 3-4 days, and guess what, there is not a trace that is even used. thats what good design is.

if i wanted my brand new keyboard to be dirty after 5-10 minutes, i would never buy a new one, and just pick one up from garage sale.

after getting mx5000, right away i noticed that MX1000 BT mouse was never as accurate as MX1000. looking clearly at the screen you could see the BT version skipping frames on the screen.

MX5000 either kept disconnecting, or going to sleep.

FearMeAll
09-28-06, 04:40 PM
Wireless keyboards are all crap. You'd be better off going with one that's wired, because there's no signal interference. Nothing sucks more than to be playing a game and have your movement keys give out on you suddenly.
disagree. You have to pay money to get good wireless but if you have the cash it's great. The logitech dinovo has the best range I've ever seen. I keep my pc in my closet and it works like a dream for at least 70 feet away.

Bearclaw
09-28-06, 05:07 PM
disagree. You have to pay money to get good wireless but if you have the cash it's great. The logitech dinovo has the best range I've ever seen. I keep my pc in my closet and it works like a dream for at least 70 feet away.
In your closet. We need pictures..haha. I've never heard of that before. Why in your closet?

FearMeAll
09-28-06, 10:45 PM
In your closet. We need pictures..haha. I've never heard of that before. Why in your closet?
I have the loudest pc on the planet. The power supply is the best I've ever had and the most efficient but good grief that thing is loud! It runs stable in there and I have a 50foot hdmi cable going from it to my projector as well as 50 foot mini audio cables going to it for my logitech speakers.
Just close the door and absolutely no sound and no wireless lag to speak of. It all cost me a pretty penny and the experience of making a Media Center type that I would be happy with has been very challenging. The keyboard and mouse had to be better than any wired keyboard and mouse before I would be satisfied with it. It;s very late for me right now but I will post pictures tomorrow.