karkrash81
09-25-06, 04:15 PM
Hells yeah!

oldsk00l
09-25-06, 04:47 PM
God exists, and he loves me.

GlowStick
09-25-06, 04:55 PM
It looks like "Rainbow 6 3" for xbox. Gameplay is the same as pc fear pritty much, not bad.

brady
09-25-06, 06:08 PM
I played this demo on my PC when it was released a while back. I had a 6800gt and 3500+ with a gig of ram. Compared to that, this version is kinda fugly...

evilchris
09-25-06, 06:36 PM
I think it looks like poop too, the X360 doesn't have the balls to run this maxed out like on a SLI PC.

Mathesar
09-25-06, 08:08 PM
Wheres the improved graphics they claimed 360's version would have? , PC's definately looks and runs better than this demo.

karkrash81
09-25-06, 09:15 PM
Other than the low texture resolution I thought it looked okay, it was still fun, just not as graphically pleasing...

oldsk00l
09-25-06, 10:07 PM
I have to say the same thing here too, wtf?

I tried it and it looked no better than say, Chronicles of Riddick. Not what I had hoped, 360 can definitely do better than this.

shinrai
09-25-06, 10:09 PM
I only had a chance to play the demo for a bit but i thought it looked just a good, if not better, than when i played it on my 6800GT on medium settings. Even better, the 360 version seems to run pretty smoothly.

I'm not sure anyone should expect the 360 to run this game like a top end pc would.

Peoples-Agent
09-26-06, 12:49 AM
I only had a chance to play the demo for a bit but i thought it looked just a good, if not better, than when i played it on my 6800GT on medium settings. Even better, the 360 version seems to run pretty smoothly.

I'm not sure anyone should expect the 360 to run this game like a top end pc would.

I would have, the game's like a year old now.

Would have expected it to atleast run asgood as a high end PC from that time. Hmmmm

Something seems odd here.

brady
09-26-06, 06:36 AM
I think it looks like poop too, the X360 doesn't have the balls to run this maxed out like on a SLI PC.

Judging from this demo it doesn't have what it takes to run it as well as my old 6800gt did.

BioHazZarD
09-26-06, 06:37 AM
Ugh what the hell is it with FPS on 360 ? Prey sucked balls 30fps limit, Quake4 same crap and now 1 year old Fear they cant make it run better then this on a 360s hardware ?

msxyz
09-26-06, 07:06 AM
Ugh what the hell is it with FPS on 360 ? Prey sucked balls 30fps limit, Quake4 same crap and now 1 year old Fear they cant make it run better then this on a 360s hardware ?The first two can be easily explained by a hasty and unoptimized port of the Doom3 engine. I haven't played Fear yet (I'm not really interested in this game, I found the PC version boring too), but Condemned uses the same engine and it perfors well.

karkrash81
09-26-06, 07:28 AM
Yeah, condemned looked much better than this...what gives?

Who is doing the port of FEAR to the 360?

Blackcat
09-26-06, 07:37 AM
From what I have heard this is the demo that was made before the e-3 convention. The developers say this is a low rez demo and the release will be much better than this and even better than the pc version. Whether this is true remains to be seen.

Namrok
09-26-06, 07:55 AM
You know, one thing that sort of jumped out at me... the level design sure is bland. Just squares mostly. Anybody who played the full game on the PC know if it gets better?

agentkay
09-26-06, 08:26 AM
You know, one thing that sort of jumped out at me... the level design sure is bland. Just squares mostly. Anybody who played the full game on the PC know if it gets better?

Not really, except the final level maybe in the power plant.

agentkay
09-26-06, 08:33 AM
From what I have heard this is the demo that was made before the e-3 convention. The developers say this is a low rez demo and the release will be much better than this and even better than the pc version. Whether this is true remains to be seen.

If that was the case, why are the official screenshots not looking any better? I think this is again a case where devs are making these marketing claims to get more sales for a year old game. Seriously, if they didnīt say that, who would buy FEAR 360 for $50 or $60 if the PC version is just $15-20. Only fools would do that unless they are promised something new and better that would be worth the extra money.

Xion X2
09-26-06, 10:36 AM

That's becoming the standard party line...

evilchris
09-26-06, 05:08 PM
That's becoming the standard party line...
Yeah. However it looks now is how it will look retail. I don't buy this " oh we released a crappy version on purpose, the "real one" will look better".

oldsk00l
09-26-06, 05:22 PM
Yeah. However it looks now is how it will look retail. I don't buy this " oh we released a crappy version on purpose, the "real one" will look better".

Pretty much, I'm not buying into that either. If they had better they'd have released it. PGR3 seemed to be plenty fine to download at 1GB, if they wanted to put more into it they could have and nobody would balk at it.

crainger
09-26-06, 06:02 PM

I think the idea Monolith had was to have the action take place in ordinary mundane environments. Such as office blocks and water treatment plants. If it all took place in a research facility in Doom or HL, we would kinda of expect weird crap like Ghosts, Stealth Assassins and exploding bodies...

Still if it wasn't for the Power Plant level the level design might have gotten to me in the end.

The demo is downloading for me right now while I'm at work. Only 600mb? Have they used low res textures?

oldsk00l
09-26-06, 07:46 PM
I think the idea Monolith had was to have the action take place in ordinary mundane environments. Such as office blocks and water treatment plants. If it all took place in a research facility in Doom or HL, we would kinda of expect weird crap like Ghosts, Stealth Assassins and exploding bodies...

Still if it wasn't for the Power Plant level the level design might have gotten to me in the end.

The demo is downloading for me right now while I'm at work. Only 600mb? Have they used low res textures?

That's what I'm thinking, but imho I want something representative of final product. I also don't think they have any better.

Peoples-Agent
09-27-06, 12:54 AM
We're soon find out because i've got the game on pre-order. Just be nice to play some Fear on the widescreen chilled on the sofa with a gamepad instead of hunched over a desk.