PDA

View Full Version : Flash the bios?

ATOJAR
09-25-06, 04:51 PM
How would i go about flashing my gfx cards bios? is there a tool i would use? is it reccomended to flash the gfx bios?... where could i d/load the latest bios and how would i be able to find out what bios my card is running at the moment?

Just curious as i have never tried to update my cards bios before (see my sig for my gfx card)

Any help/info on this it grateful.

Thanks.

crainger
09-25-06, 05:48 PM
Best way to flash the bois would be to wear nothing but a trenchcoat and whip it open everytime one walks past.

OH sorry we are talking about bios. A good place to start is http://www.mvktech.net/

Personally I don't recommend playing with Video Card bios' unless there is a problem a new bios has been proven to fix.

Xion X2
09-25-06, 06:01 PM
I wouldn't flash the card's bios if I were you. You're not going to gain a thing in performance, and the chances are always there that something could go wrong.

Why are you thinking of doing this?

grey_1
09-25-06, 06:05 PM
Best way to flash the bois would be to wear nothing but a trenchcoat and whip it open everytime one walks past.

OH sorry we are talking about bios. A good place to start is http://www.mvktech.net/

Personally I don't recommend playing with Video Card bios' unless there is a problem a new bios has been proven to fix.

What he said. Are you looking for a "soft" upgrade?

ATOJAR
09-25-06, 06:12 PM
Why are you thinking of doing this?

No reason to be honest lol...... i just thought having the latest bios would have been better for my card, ive never done it before i was just wondering how it is done, guess id better not mess with it lol...... if its not broken then dont try to fix it i suppose is the right saying here!

Cheers for the replys!

crainger
09-25-06, 06:32 PM
More often or not you'll find the bios you have is the only one released. The only reason to play with the bios these days is to volt mod (bad idea IMHO). Maybe to fix SLi problems in early 6 series cards.

Unlike motherboards which usually see a bios update every few months, graphics cards have no slots or sockets to try and support.