PDA

View Full Version : Acronis..

Bearclaw
09-26-06, 01:37 AM
...is amazing. I downloaded it because I was bored and I wanted to see how it performed. I cloned my hard drive to a different drive and I tried booting off of the new one and it worked flawlessly. I am so impressed with this product. I know most of you are thinking..he's insane for being excited for a simple clone..I know.

I tried using Norton Ghost in the past and It didn't work. The new hard drive would not boot or anything.

Once my trial expires I am going to buy this for sure. :D :D :D :D :D

SH64
09-26-06, 01:43 AM
Yeah its great .. & seems to take advantage of multi-core processors!

lightman
09-26-06, 03:14 AM
And it boots from a pendrive, too. Really, really, nice.

Bearclaw
09-26-06, 08:47 AM
Yeah its great .. & seems to take advantage of multi-core processors!

And it boots from a pendrive, too. Really, really, nice.

Even more great excuses to buy it. TIme to go check newegg...

DataMatrix
09-26-06, 11:16 AM
What is acronis?

Bearclaw
09-26-06, 11:59 AM
What is acronis?
Acronis is a program (Like Norton Ghost, etc.) that you can use to back up files on your hard drive, make a clone of your hard drive, etc.

I have the 15 day trial version but it is cool because nothing is locked. You have all the features with it. www.acronis.com

DataMatrix
09-26-06, 01:36 PM
I think I'll pass on the backing up with programs such as Norton Ghost, never liked it, never will :p.

I usually just stick any files I need on a separate HD.

stncttr908
09-26-06, 02:12 PM
I've used Acronis Disk Director (better than Partition Magic) and Acronis True Image (better than Ghost) in the past. Great software.

Bearclaw
09-26-06, 02:28 PM
I think I'll pass on the backing up with programs such as Norton Ghost, never liked it, never will :p.

I usually just stick any files I need on a separate HD.
I am not a fan of norton ghost. I paid a ton for it and it didn't even work for me (probably my fault but who knows). I am going to stick with Acronis from now on. That software works well.

Bearclaw
09-26-06, 02:29 PM
I've used Acronis Disk Director (better than Partition Magic) and Acronis True Image (better than Ghost) in the past. Great software.
Ya, they have a bunch of great software. :D

einstein_314
09-26-06, 06:14 PM
Yeah Acronis is amazing. I made an image of my hard drive right after doing a clean install of windows with all the apps and drivers I use installed. And now when I want to format, I just restore to that image. It takes like..15 minutes and voila, reformatted to just how I like it.

Bearclaw
09-26-06, 06:37 PM
Yeah Acronis is amazing. I made an image of my hard drive right after doing a clean install of windows with all the apps and drivers I use installed. And now when I want to format, I just restore to that image. It takes like..15 minutes and voila, reformatted to just how I like it.
That's aweosme I didn't even think of doing that. I have an extra hard drive so I cloned one right when I installed Xp. Now If I do need to re-format or something, it is already right there.

Bearclaw
10-05-06, 10:30 AM
BUMP BUMP

I went to go clone my HD to a second one just as a backup and I couldn't boot from any of the drives. I tried booting from the original drive and it said NRTDL Missing. I tried booting form the cloned new one and it said Boot Disk Failure. I tried this twice and because of it had to re-install windows twice and it was a pain. I', just concerned on why the clone didn't work and why this happened. I trie dit once before and it worked perfectly/ Any ideas?