PDA

View Full Version : nVidia+EA+DX9

Dr.Nick
09-27-06, 01:14 AM
Hey guys, ever since i upgraded the pcs in the house with nvidia cards i cannot install any EA game. Everytime i go to install the install setup tells me that i need DX9 to continue and there is nothing i can do. I did not have this problem with ATi cards and reinstalling windows/dx9 does nothing. Any ideas? This is really aggrevating to say the least and it only happens with EA games.
Thanks

Edit- This happens with any 9x series driver and i have installed the latest dx from ms and the ones on the game cd's

Tantawi
09-27-06, 03:10 AM
Right click on the setup program exe file and select "Compatibility" and run it in Windows 2000 mode, problem solved! :)

badboy64
09-27-06, 06:50 AM
Hey guys, ever since i upgraded the pcs in the house with nvidia cards i cannot install any EA game. Everytime i go to install the install setup tells me that i need DX9 to continue and there is nothing i can do. I did not have this problem with ATi cards and reinstalling windows/dx9 does nothing. Any ideas? This is really aggrevating to say the least and it only happens with EA games.
Thanks

Edit- This happens with any 9x series driver and i have installed the latest dx from ms and the ones on the game cd's
I can install every game by EA with my nvidia card with DX9. I bet the game is NFS:MW in which you are having a problem with because that is the only game I had a problem in the past anfd so did everyone else.

jabloomf1230
09-27-06, 10:33 AM
Thanks

Look at the EA.com support webpages. You will find an FAQ about this if your search for "Directx". The workaround consists of copying the game installation CD/DVD to a temporary folder on your hard disk. Then you edit the installation program's configuration file and set Directx=0 (The file originally has Directx= 9.0b or 9.0c). Then run the installation program from the hard drive. The details are in the FAQ.

Dr.Nick
09-27-06, 10:51 AM
Many thanks guys, windows 2000 compatibility mode worked like a charm(i feel like a 'tard for not trying this btw). I was trying the method you mentioned Jabloom but then I was told i didnt have dx0 installed lol.

@badboy. Yes NFS was one of them but it also happens to my ea sports games like fifa, nba, and tiger woods

Thanks again

nekrosoft13
09-27-06, 10:59 AM
this has nothing to do with nvidia, it only happens when you install a new redist of directx, like july 06, august 06 and so on

SLippe
09-27-06, 11:02 AM
Only time I've had this problem was with "downloaded" versions of EA games, mainly NFSMW. All my legal copies have worked fine. I ran into this problem the other day when I "acquired" Lego Star Wars and it did it to me. I had to use IsoBuster to change the check for DirectX 9.0c to 0 and it worked fine. I haven't tried to install Lego Star Wars 2 yet (another acquired copy).

Dr.Nick
09-27-06, 11:08 AM
They are all legal store bought copies SLippe so it definitely has nothing to do with warez. No way of playing online with those too btw

Thanks for the info nekrosoft, i was installing the redist of the latest dx. this is good to know