PDA

View Full Version : Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria

|MaguS|
09-27-06, 10:53 AM
Who's getting it? Comes out today. I will be picking up my copy around noon. I so can't wait for this game, its a prequel to the original.

IGN Review
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/735/735623p1.html

muaddib
09-27-06, 02:40 PM
What is the exact definition of this game's genre?
Some told me Kingdom Hearts 2 is role-playing, I tried it and it's actually more similar to platform...

|MaguS|
09-27-06, 02:41 PM
What is the exact definition of this game's genre?
Some told me Kingdom Hearts 2 is role-playing, I tried it and it's actually more similar to platform...

RPG, Its combat is alittle realtime but more turnbased. The world exploration is done on a 2D platform but graphics are 3D.

muaddib
09-27-06, 04:18 PM
So how would you define KH2? Thanks.

|MaguS|
09-27-06, 04:24 PM
Platformer RPG

Slybri
09-29-06, 06:03 PM
I'm enjoying the first one on my PSP. The combat is pretty fun, but I still don't the whole idea of leveling up characters and then sacrificing them to some bigger war. Basically it's like I'm just wandering randomly and leveling up characters. Each one has their own story but I'm not getting the bigger overall story.
The combat is fun though. And the platform levels are fun to explore.

I will eventually get VP2, I think. I just got Okami for the ps2 though and FFXII is out soon.

too many great games all at once!

|MaguS|
09-29-06, 06:26 PM
I'm enjoying the first one on my PSP. The combat is pretty fun, but I still don't the whole idea of leveling up characters and then sacrificing them to some bigger war. Basically it's like I'm just wandering randomly and leveling up characters. Each one has their own story but I'm not getting the bigger overall story.
The combat is fun though. And the platform levels are fun to explore.

I will eventually get VP2, I think. I just got Okami for the ps2 though and FFXII is out soon.

too many great games all at once!

VP2 is totally different from VP1, VP2 is a prequel to VP1 where you play as the youngest goddess who was banished from Heaven. Your basically seeking revange against Odin.

Its more of a standard RPG aswell, theres no greater war now. Just a strong story aimed at your main character. She alone has a good story where she is a timmid princess who was banished at a young age by her father because she housed the soul of the Goddess and was able to talk to her... so everyone thought her insane.