PDA

View Full Version : Lego Star Wars II, Sonic The Hedgehog Demos on Live Marketplace

LiquidX
09-27-06, 11:23 AM
What a terrible time to be without my 360.:( Please someone leave some feedback on Sonic.

saturnotaku
09-27-06, 11:29 AM
Downloaded Lego Star Wars last night. The first game is a Platinum Hit now, so it's $20 new and also backwards compatible on the 360. I'm not a Star Wars fan by any means, but the first game is a lot of fun. It's not terribly difficult, and the unlockables are great. I'm sure I'll be getting the second game.

I'll snag the Sonic demo when I get home tonight. It's very cool to see all these old school titles making a comeback.

raystorm
09-27-06, 12:31 PM
That Sonic demo is utter trash. Bear in mind though that I HATE every single 3D Sonic game. None of them have the simple, crisp gameplay of the wonderful Genesis Sonic games. Sonic 360 has the same old awful camera and it just feels twitchy and sloppy. barf

Lego Star Wars II is good even if it looks like a xbox game but thats ok. Its good fun.

crainger
09-28-06, 12:48 AM
The 360 version of Lego Star Wars II has some nice graphics effects. More so than the PC version. Which is odd as it appears the PC version is a direct port of the 360 version. Hell, if you plug a 360 controller into the PC version if wont let you remap the buttons and defaults to the 360's layout.

ENU291
09-28-06, 08:29 AM
I had fun with the Lego Star Wars II demo but I don't think I'll be picking it up.

jnd3
09-28-06, 09:21 AM
I think Lego Star Wars II (and the predecessor) are quite fun, especially for 2 players. It was one of the few games I could get my wife to play (though her fondness for running around as Darth Vader and force-choking everything was a bit unnerving). Good humor, fun gameplay, and a good bit of replay.

karkrash81
09-28-06, 09:30 AM
Lego star wars demo was pretty fun, I enjoyed the depth of field effects and overall theme of the game...I might pick it up but am debating whether or not it's worth it to get the 360 version or the regular xbox version...

saturnotaku
09-28-06, 09:59 AM
I might pick it up but am debating whether or not it's worth it to get the 360 version or the regular xbox version...

That probably will depend most on your HDTV situation, or lack thereof. I'm going to get the 360 version since that's hooked up to my Dell monitor. Achievements are always nice to unlock as well. :)

BTW, nice avatar. ;)

karkrash81
09-28-06, 11:09 AM
Well I've got a 42 inch LCD tv...so 360 it is....i was just wondering how much of a graphical improvement (besides resolution) it is on the 360

yeah i like my avatar too...when i was creating it a long time ago, it took me a while to get it down to the size limit...hmmm now i need to check if the size limit has changed since then...i might be able to make a better looking one...

crainger
09-28-06, 06:08 PM
360 version has some nice depth of field effects.