PDA

View Full Version : Not impressed with GT4-HD graphics, and they charge you for it

Pages : [1] 2

stjuart
09-27-06, 09:01 PM
Its so sad that we have to pay for a very small graphical update, i mean i have gt4 and i think its a good game but, certainly not worth it if you have to buy each and every little thing required for gameplay. I mean it was bad enough that gt4 for ps2 wasnt that much improved over gt3 which had weird physics to say the least, one they never flip no matter what. I think sony needs to pull their head out of thier ass and give us a real game this time and not rip us off, granded you dont have to buy the dam game but there is so many fans in the series that are going to be pissed off, me being one of them. only reason i brought this up agian is because i started replaying gt4 and thought how they just killed the only appeal of this game wich is collecting a mass amount of cars.
Guess iam going to be playing alot more of vanilla GT4 and Rfactor, until they release gt5, hopefully with all the content and minus this crappy delivery system.
http://www.tothegame.com/res/game/4404/feature/2006-09-26/screen2_large.jpg
this should hold me off for another year but dam,the top pic is amazing.
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/3715/xanavi050cc6.jpg

Marvel_us
09-27-06, 09:07 PM
So don't buy it and just wait for GT5.....

LiquidX
09-27-06, 09:07 PM
Have you seen that latest trailers for the game? It looks great. Also word is that there will be two versions of the game one without all the cars and one with all the cars. This is just an update and not a GT5 so if your satisfied with the PS2 version I dont see this as really a must have although it is for me being that I missed GT4.

stjuart
09-27-06, 09:11 PM
Sure i could just play gt4 on ps3 until they release gt5 but iam afraid they are going to use the same method of selling this game in gt5 if this gt HD stuff does reallly well and we the consumers will get ripped off in the long run.

|MaguS|
09-27-06, 09:12 PM
If your not impressed with GT4-HDs graphics then don't bother getting any nextgen console... your eyes suck. Im not defending the PS3 only but the X360 aswell... it seems you can't tell how much more the game improved graphically.

Hell it seems you can't even grasp the concept that GT4-HD is not suppose to replace GT4 nor is it suppose to represent a full game. It's a DEMO which will allow players to expand the demo so your not just having a 2 level 3 car demo but rather one that can expand more if you wish it to.

The other aspect of the demo is that a second mode will be included that will be a glimpse of GT5, the entire mode would be using GT5 Car Models aswell as the tracks being remade with GT5 graphics.

The reason for GT4-HD is more of a teaser... because GT5s cars take over a month PER car to create. Since they are including a damage model this time around they are trying to make it all as accurate as possible.

If your not impressed with GT4 then your opinion really doesn't matter... GT4 was a large improvement over GT3.

stjuart
09-27-06, 09:16 PM
So your going to tell me gt4 wasnt really flawed, as much as i love gt4 and 3 they both needed better physics. I mean by the forth iteration of the game they should learn how to make cars feel like cars and not like boxes with wheels, but they sure looked nice for ps2 genration.iam not even going to mention damage and interiors which would of have taken forver to create, considering the amount of cars they had to model. The problem with gt4 is that the developers took the bigger is better approach to many times and well that may work 2 or 3 times but the 4th time it just gets stale, and now iam putting all my hopes in gt5, thats the game that will save gt4 series and i dont mean the amount it will sell, but that it will actually feel like a rebirth of the series. In my opnion i still love gt2 better than 3 and 4 because these games didnt evolve enough to become that much better, other than adding more cars and slightly tweaked physics and graphics dont count because every new console tends to have a good looking racer.

Mr_LoL
09-27-06, 09:20 PM
I never really played gt4 on the ps2 so I will be getting the ps3 version. Only if it has all the cars though. I am not paying for any microtransaction rubbish.

stjuart
09-27-06, 09:23 PM
Magus, i had a question that you might know will my gt4 for ps2 game look better in ps3 with my 52in hdtv 1080i or do the games have to be remade somewhat to gain anything from ps3.

|MaguS|
09-27-06, 09:57 PM
Magus, i had a question that you might know will my gt4 for ps2 game look better in ps3 with my 52in hdtv 1080i or do the games have to be remade somewhat to gain anything from ps3.

Sony has stated that both PSX and PS2 games will have the ability to run in HD mode... at which resolution it is unknown. Im betting either 720p or 1080p.

evilchris
09-27-06, 10:14 PM
Sony has stated that both PSX and PS2 games will have the ability to run in HD mode... at which resolution it is unknown. Im betting either 720p or 1080p.

roflmfao

JigenD
09-27-06, 11:57 PM
Paying that much real money for extra digital cars is just ****, IMO.

That shot looks good, and I was suprised at the TGS footage that the game IS going to be more than GT4 in HD...

However, I've heard that the backgrounds are disjointed with the rest of the track, some people who played it says they're like a 2d backdrop.

The ground textures need a lot of work, but they have time.

Finally, most of the videos I downloaded had some serious FPS drops (below 15fps), but again, they have more time to optimize.

Anyways, paying 10-20$ for a few dozen cars as an EXTRA to the few hundred that SHOULD BE THERE is acceptable. But getting a handful of cars in a game that has ALWAYS given you hundreds for the reasonable retail price is not.

[edit : Also, if it's taking them a MONTH to model a single car for GT5, they're doing a lot wrong...]

shungokusatsu
09-28-06, 02:11 AM
GT HD will be free an ship with the PS3, you'll be charged for the extras of course.

Bad_Boy
09-28-06, 03:48 PM
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/5916/****pitviewwo5.jpg
http://smallvillestories.free.fr/images/Afrika/gt6.jpg
http://smallvillestories.free.fr/images/Afrika/gt10.jpg
http://smallvillestories.free.fr/images/Afrika/gt12.jpg
http://playsyde.com/news_3628_en.html

considering the lighting isnt finished, I'd say it dont look half bad. :)

oldsk00l
09-28-06, 05:06 PM
I dunno, I think it looks pretty good. I agree the part about charging for the cars sucks, but the game looks pretty good... uhm... imho

stjuart
09-28-06, 05:22 PM
Do you guys remember what project gotham 3 looked like before release, lack of AF and some AA so iam expecting some of this in this game too, Marketing department are scum, even though thats what iam majoring in.
Update, i actually do believe them when they say it takes them 1 month to build one car, car interior alone probably takes the longs time to model because of so many intricate, hopefully they have more than one modeler and are working on a lot more cars simoltaniously.

JigenD
09-28-06, 08:10 PM
Do you guys remember what project gotham 3 looked like before release, lack of AF and some AA so iam expecting some of this in this game too, Marketing department are scum, even though thats what iam majoring in.
Update, i actually do believe them when they say it takes them 1 month to build one car, car interior alone probably takes the longs time to model because of so many intricate, hopefully they have more than one modeler and are working on a lot more cars simoltaniously.

I assumed they meant all their modellers working on one car for a month.

I didn't know they were doing interiors... Although it's a lot of work, it can add a lot to a game.

Still, they SHOULD have the modellers working on what they're best at. Some on interiors many on exteriors, shaders, etc.

|MaguS|
09-28-06, 08:24 PM

Remember they say one car can take a month but they enver stated on how many cars they are working on at any given time. The team behind GT is over 150 people... I think they have more then a single guy modeling... Hell even Final Fantasy games have more then one person doing character models thats why the art differs so much between battle and exploration.

H3avyM3tal
09-29-06, 04:50 AM
Well, if some of you watched the making of GT4 DVD that came with GT4P, than they already stated that it took them 1 month to put each car in the game. That was GT4. Here I would assume that they already have existing data that could possibly shorten the time in which it takes them to put 1 car in the game - but considering all the new stuff they wanna add, I would bet my ass on it taking even more than a month to put some cars in.

If any of you are interested, you should check out the making of GT4 DVD, if you can get it that is.

ENU291
09-29-06, 07:47 AM
As per the GT series I see no reason for the devs to spend time modelling the interiors of the cars because you can't see the interiors while playing GT (or can you?). Since GT-HD is so similar to GT4 all the designers really need to do is take the already existing car model data and just increase the poly counts and add graphical touches to lighting, shading etc. Designers usually create a very high polygon model of the original target item (in this case a car) and then scale down the polygon count to fit the restrictions of the given hardware. I have a feeling that Polyphony Digital has a cash of high res, high poly car models stored and ready to be added to GT-HD.

Bad_Boy
09-29-06, 10:29 AM
As per the GT series I see no reason for the devs to spend time modelling the interiors of the cars because you can't see the interiors while playing GT (or can you?).
you can..
;)

oldsk00l
09-29-06, 10:33 AM
you can..

;)

And it looks pretty damn good at that.

Marvel_us
09-29-06, 10:38 AM
Lol @ you guys.

Check out new screens over at IGN.

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/713/713809/imgs_1.html

Looks pretty good for a demo-type game.

ENU291
09-29-06, 10:46 AM
you can..
;)
Cool... has GT always had interior views or is this something new with GT-HD?

JigenD
09-29-06, 10:51 AM
Cool... has GT always had interior views or is this something new with GT-HD?

It's never had it before, this would be the first.

MustangSVT
09-29-06, 11:13 AM
I believe all these screenies you guys are posting are from GT HD "Premium" which will have like 30 cars and 2 tracks if I'm not mistaken, and will be a GT5 Prologue kind of thing. Doesn't sound that great to me. If GT HD Classic, which is GT4 in high-def and all that looks like these screenies you guys are posting, then I'll run out and buy a PS3 when this game comes out. Something tells me though that GT HD Classic looks nowhere near as good as these screenies.