PDA

View Full Version : WII review on Yahoo Tech

Athena
09-29-06, 04:37 PM
http://tech.yahoo.com/blog/samiljan/13

I thought this was interesting.. "Nintendo says it will ship four million Wii units by December 31st. So it's likely you'll actually be able to get one. But it's also likely that you'll be just as able to get an Xbox 360 with its more than 100 available titles by year's end. For now, only one thing's for sure: Until Sony gives us a compelling reason to buy the PS3 beyond it being an incredibly affordable Blu-ray disc player, either of these other choices is a winner."

Sony better have some kicking games!!

msxyz
09-29-06, 05:50 PM
People will buy it because it's a playstation

Only a few keep themselves informed through constantly reading dedicated gaming sites and the such. You'd be suprised how many people don't know of the PS3 price tag yet, nor of the shortages or that certain games won't make to the machine.

Sony new machine starts with the advantage of being regarded as "the" console de facto. Something similar happened in the days of the NES when the word "Nintendo" was synonym of videogame

So, while educated gamers or analysts (hmmm) might not find enough reasons to buy a PS3 now, a lot of people will fell compelled because it's the next gen machine from the widely recognized (and market leader) Sony.

t6_shadow
09-29-06, 05:58 PM
LOL that guy actually complained about arm pains! Yeah swinging that 3 gram controller around is exactly like swinging a real baseball bat. :P

toxikneedle
09-29-06, 06:22 PM
Well Mr. Kutaragi "doesn't care"

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6159054.html?tag=latestnews;title;0

|MaguS|
09-29-06, 06:27 PM
LOL that guy actually complained about arm pains! Yeah swinging that 3 gram controller around is exactly like swinging a real baseball bat. :P

Hold your TV remote in your arms and constantly wave them around for 3 hours straight... you will feel the burn.

Quickstar
09-29-06, 10:37 PM
I'm sure Nintendo did some tests and found out that their target market (kids) have an attention level of X and these same people have an endurance factor with the Wiimote of Y. In the end, what you get is games designed for "pick up and play". So if the time spent on one game at one time is the value of "hardcore" I would say that it goes like this: Wii - Low, Xbox360/PS3 - Moderate, PC - Hardcore. Wii requires more frequent breaks, X360 (with games like Oblivion) have greater time played in one sitting, and PC (with crazy people on MMO games; ie WoW) has the longest.

Ninja Prime
09-29-06, 11:56 PM
Hold your TV remote in your arms and constantly wave them around for 3 hours straight... you will feel the burn.

Tell them to stop being sissy videogamer stereotype nerds and pick up a weight once in a while, my grandma could swing a remote around. ;)

Q
09-29-06, 11:58 PM

Well at least my ass won't be so fat. :D