PDA

View Full Version : Wierd XBOX 360 question.

mullet
10-01-06, 11:50 AM
About ever 3 months I think about getting a XB360 but I really hate how everything is shoved into that small console, my question is is there any cases someone has made like a shuttle style that you can put all the guts to a XB360 into with proper cooling?

I did find this kit. for $374.99
http://www.xoxide.com/koolance-kit-xb360sl-sys.html
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=20747&stc=1&d=1159720857

saturnotaku
10-01-06, 12:10 PM
I bought the Nyko intercooler and the Pelican fan stand for mine. $40 total and it's done the job so far. Yeah it's noisy, but meh...still cheaper than that other thing, which costs about as much as the system itself.

toxikneedle
10-01-06, 12:40 PM
By the way, it's a common misconception that most 360's die due to overheating. That's not true, most 360's, like mine, that died were because of hardware failure.... related to memory chips or cpu, I believe. That's why the newer manufactured 360s dont die....as often as the old ones at least.

GlowStick
10-01-06, 01:21 PM
Hm looks intresting, however im betting on mine dieing so i woudlnt want to mod it for warrenty reasons.

Quickstar
10-01-06, 01:56 PM
I bought the Nyko intercooler and the Pelican fan stand for mine. $40 total and it's done the job so far. Yeah it's noisy, but meh...still cheaper than that other thing, which costs about as much as the system itself.

Why did you buy that?

saturnotaku
10-01-06, 02:43 PM
Why did you buy that?

Because expelling hot air out of the system certainly doesn't hurt it.

Peoples-Agent
10-02-06, 12:59 AM
Just watch out with that thing.

Been a fair few cases of where the power passthrough thing is, causing some sort of burn out. Alot of pics popping up of the power sockets all burnt up.

Got my eyes on one of these myself, just not so sure yet.

Lfctony
10-02-06, 02:09 AM
Just watch out with that thing.

Been a fair few cases of where the power passthrough thing is, causing some sort of burn out. Alot of pics popping up of the power sockets all burnt up.

Got my eyes on one of these myself, just not so sure yet.

You mean the Nyko one Satu uses or the koolance exos? I want to get a Nyko one for mine.

msxyz
10-02-06, 06:38 AM
I've a nyko and, while the device is effective in cooling down the console, it's cheaply made. The fans are low quality models and they produce eccessive noise due to vibrations. The bypass power connector does not fit very tight and this might be the reason behind the burned (or melted) sockets. A less than optimal contact between the plug and the socket cause an increase in electrical resistance which, in turn generate a lot of undesired heat.

ENU291
10-02-06, 07:18 AM
By the way, it's a common misconception that most 360's die due to overheating. That's not true, most 360's, like mine, that died were because of hardware failure.... related to memory chips or cpu, I believe. That's why the newer manufactured 360s dont die....as often as the old ones at least.I absolutely agree. Most Xbox 360s display the "RING OF DEATH" which is basically 3 of the 4 lights around the power button blink red. The 3 red lights indicate a hardware failure. Heat related problems usually display only 2 lights. Once Microsoft filters out all the older pre 2006 Xbox 360s these problems will go away.