PDA

View Full Version : Gears of War walkthrough (new footage)

Pages : [1] 2

LiquidX
10-01-06, 01:52 PM
Its in three parts and all well worth the download. Its not a CliffyB demonstration but is from X06 and shows a little more. The grenade throwing aspect is pretty interesting and I like that the HUD is so minimal.

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1650 (There at the bottom)

or

HD WMV versions
1- http://trailers.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_gearsofwar_x06_wt1_h264.wmv

2- http://trailers.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_gearsofwar_x06_wt2_h264.wmv

3- http://trailers.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_gearsofwar_x06_wt3_h264.wmv

slick
10-01-06, 03:17 PM
Honestly, who uses WMV's to stream media these days. It's so horrendously slow compared to QT.

ANYWHO, Gears of War looks drop dead gorgeous.

PeterJensen
10-01-06, 03:20 PM
OMG!!!

PeterJensen
10-01-06, 03:22 PM
Honestly, who uses WMV's to stream media these days. It's so horrendously slow compared to QT.

LOL Quicktime?? A ****ing crapware program. It sucks more then errorsafe pop-ups.

slick
10-01-06, 03:24 PM
Yep, it's a crapware program...

A crapware programs that streams movies about 10 times faster than WMP does.

PeterJensen
10-01-06, 03:26 PM
Yep, it's a crapware program...

A crapware programs that streams movies about 10 times faster than WMP does.

Those wmp streams, load at once here. I have no delay.

PeterJensen
10-01-06, 03:26 PM
But annyway the game looks nice.

ralinn
10-01-06, 03:45 PM
google quicktime alternative

game sure does look cool :)

jAkUp
10-01-06, 03:47 PM
Yea I haven't found quicktime to stream any faster than WMV's, but from a software standpoint, quicktime is pretty horrible. Up there with Real player. I still can't figure out how to maximize a damn quicktime video.

As for GoW, it looks great, only thing I find weird is the blood, it just looks weird!

six_storm
10-01-06, 03:48 PM

Same here, I never use WMV format unless I'm forced to. QT seems so much faster, smoother and better quality for me. But hey, I use a Mac and all of you use a PC, I guess WMV would work better for ya.

S.I.N
10-01-06, 03:55 PM
I want this game and a 360 for co-op over live alone. That will be insane. There has not been a good co-op game in YEARS. And why are you streaming it? Right-click-save as.:o

Marvel_us
10-01-06, 04:01 PM
I thought the locust hord only came out in dark places?

The loading seems pretty quick in the game. I also like the reloading function for the gun.

Banko
10-01-06, 05:15 PM
LOL Quicktime?? A ****ing crapware program. It sucks more then errorsafe pop-ups.
Quicktime is good as long as you use Quicktime Alternative, and not Apple's POS Memory Hog. Oh and QT Streams usually have better quality then WMV streams.

oldsk00l
10-01-06, 05:41 PM
Actually I prefer wmv streams, even on a Mac. They seem to start faster, but this is with flip4mac of course.

I so can't wait for this game to come out.

EvilEye
10-02-06, 06:22 AM
Gah, just more then a month left for it to show up here!! The wait is unbareble. Finally a game in my taste that uses the hardware! What really impresses is that they seam to have fixed the framerate issues by the look of the videos.

ENU291
10-02-06, 07:21 AM
Gah, just more then a month left for it to show up here!! The wait is unbareble. Finally a game in my taste that uses the hardware! What really impresses is that they seam to have fixed the framerate issues by the look of the videos.
Yea... the frame rate seems to have been improved greatly but there are still noticable hitches here and there... most likely caused by the game loading up the level on the fly (ala Half Life 2 style). I can't wait to get my grubby paws on this gem! :thumbsup:

msxyz
10-02-06, 08:15 AM
The next 7-8 november will be busy days for Xbox 360 owners. No fewer than 5 games will debut within two days, including heavyweights like Gears of War and Call of Duty 3.

ENU291
10-02-06, 08:19 AM
The next 7-8 november will be busy days for Xbox 360 owners. No fewer than 5 games will debut within two days, including heavyweights like Gears of War and Call of Duty 3.
Will the new Splinter Cell make it out this year? I heard it got delayed till 07.

EvilEye
10-02-06, 09:38 AM
Yea... the frame rate seems to have been improved greatly but there are still noticable hitches here and there... most likely caused by the game loading up the level on the fly (ala Half Life 2 style). I can't wait to get my grubby paws on this gem! :thumbsup:

Yepp, you can see "Loading" pop up down in the left corner sometimes.

Marvel_us
10-02-06, 09:38 AM
Will the new Splinter Cell make it out this year? I heard it got delayed till 07.

Splinter Cell is this month!:D :D

ENU291
10-02-06, 09:50 AM
Splinter Cell is this month!:D :D
SWEET! I already have a copy on pre-order! ;)

msxyz
10-02-06, 09:51 AM
Here in Europe it's listed as a late october release (possibly friday 20, the same day of Neverwinter Nights 2)

The games being published in November are:

1) Gears of War
2) Call of Duty 3
3) Rainbow Six: Vegas
4) WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2007
5) F.E.A.R
6) Viva Piņata
7) Fuzion Frenzy
8) Tony Hawk Project 8

six_storm
10-02-06, 10:14 AM
Wow, there is a lot of cool stuff coming out in November . . . But I gotta rant. CoD3. Another WWII game? LETS GET OVER IT ALREADY!!!!!! /rant

Marvel_us
10-02-06, 10:25 AM
Here in Europe it's listed as a late october release (possibly friday 20, the same day of Neverwinter Nights 2)

I think the official dates are US: Oct 17, EU Oct 30.

Gears is Nov 12 US and Nov 17 EU....That's 5 days not 5 months like our competitors.;)

toxikneedle
10-02-06, 10:36 AM
Wow, there is a lot of cool stuff coming out in November . . . But I gotta rant. CoD3. Another WWII game? LETS GET OVER IT ALREADY!!!!!! /rant
Just pretend it's not WWII and play it :P

You're not ranting about the freakin 8th tony hawk game which are always same thing over and over (same characters too).