PDA

View Full Version : DISK BOOT FAILURE!

ATOJAR
10-01-06, 03:51 PM
Ok just formatted my system, ive done this hundreds of times over the years but never come across this problem before, heres whats happning.

Formatted as normal, took the windows disk out then reebooted, went into the bios to change the boot sequence from cdrom to hard disk, system loads the bios as normal but when windows is supposed to load i got a message saying "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER"!

I put the windows disk back in then reebooted into the bios and changed the boot sequence back to boot from cdrom, when it says press any key to boot from cd i just leave it and the system boots up fine! anybody got any ideas what ive done wrong and how i can correct this so that i can make it boot from my hard drive as it should do?

Thanks.

rewt
10-01-06, 04:15 PM
It's trying to boot from the wrong hard drive. Change the boot order so it boots from the primary hard disk (the one with the OS on it).

ATOJAR
10-01-06, 06:00 PM
:o thanks dude, you where right, some how i managed to have the system try to boot from my storage hard drive!:o