PDA

View Full Version : Sony Delivers a PS3 to PSM3MAG.com

Pages : [1] 2 3

AthlonXP1800
10-02-06, 04:25 PM
PSM3MAG.com staff got their hands on PS3 at the office, they are very EXICTING.

Here the pics (http://www.psm3mag.com/page/psm3?entry=the_most_exciting_day_at1), more pics and a movie (http://www.psm3mag.com/page/psm3?entry=ps3_power_up_pics_and) showed off PS3 powered up, inserted a burnt BD-R or BD-RE to run Motorstorm. :captnkill:

ENU291
10-02-06, 05:08 PM
Its good to see actual hardware out in the field. Looks like the PS3 interface is pretty much what the PSP currently uses.

|MaguS|
10-02-06, 06:11 PM
Is it just me or does MotorStorm look even better in those pictures?

I guess the people who called it vaporware can shut up now...

Bad_Boy
10-02-06, 06:11 PM
I have a feeling the interface they were seeing is an old firmware build. The one at TGS they were showing off looks a little bit different, and the friends icon was different.

Heres a video of the TGS interface...
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?type=wmv&id=13649

but yeah, nice to have another confirmation the ps3 runs silent. :D

Zelda_fan
10-02-06, 06:15 PM
I really wish Sony would hurry up and release shipping info to the retailers so I can pre-order mine.

toxikneedle
10-02-06, 06:18 PM
But it really drew in a crowd of curious gamers. Including some teary-eyed men from an Xbox magazine...

lol, nice try

Quickstar
10-02-06, 07:13 PM
Is it just me or does MotorStorm look even better in those pictures?

I guess the people who called it vaporware can shut up now...

I think its just you because those pics are too low res. But screenshots on IGN show that they've improved.

Bad_Boy
10-02-06, 09:01 PM
I really wish Sony would hurry up and release shipping info to the retailers so I can pre-order mine.
I wouldnt be surprised if there were no preorders. Best buy and all the general electronics stores are saying first come first serve, and ebgames/gamestop still havent said anything and they just had their huge managers conference this weekend.

|MaguS|
10-02-06, 09:04 PM
They better no cancel my orders...

lIqUID
10-02-06, 09:20 PM
for two weeks now Ive been told I can preorder at the end of the week. Ill keep bugging EBGames over the next few days about preorders. If I cant get a couple preordered then Ill probably just get an XB360 to hold me over until I can get a PS3.

oldsk00l
10-02-06, 09:54 PM
Looks cool, still holding out for a price drop...

Badboy_12345
10-03-06, 12:16 AM
5) The start up is amazingly fast. And game load times were faster than expected. In fact, PS3 does both at about the same speed of PSP. ie, Long load times due to the massive Blu-ray disc? Nope. Simply not an issue.

what? not long load times? same as PSP?
I see those guys havent come 2 feet near a psp beacuse the load times there in almost every game are looooooooong...

Mr. Hunt
10-03-06, 01:36 AM
what? not long load times? same as PSP?
I see those guys havent come 2 feet near a psp beacuse the load times there in almost every game are looooooooong...

Almost every PSP game I have played has had fine load times... no idea what you are talking about.

Badboy_12345
10-03-06, 03:01 AM
Almost every PSP game I have played has had fine load times... no idea what you are talking about.

:|
no one who has played on a psp will say that if they havent been smoking weed...
Only biased people will say PSP have fine loading times, its like saying the moon is square.

Bad_Boy
10-03-06, 03:18 AM
:|
no one who has played on a psp will say that if they havent been smoking weed...
Only biased people will say PSP have fine loading times, its like saying the moon is square.
it depends on the game you play. some games take long like that wrestling game, but most games are pretty fast. tekken, wipeout, ridge racer, syphon filter, killzone liberation, etc... theres many with quick loading times.

sytaylor
10-03-06, 05:28 AM
Making one PS3 is one thing, shipping millions of them with blu ray is another.

Namrok
10-03-06, 06:12 AM
it depends on the game you play. some games take long like that wrestling game, but most games are pretty fast. tekken, wipeout, ridge racer, syphon filter, killzone liberation, etc... theres many with quick loading times.

Load times are such a pet peive of mine these days. I don't think I could ever touch a PSP. The load times in Oblivion really annoyed me too, especially when I'm just checking out the houses around the town. Go into a house, load. Check out the basement, load. Come out of the basement, ok the house was cached. Go back into town, load. I'd spend 30 seconds scoping out the house and more than a minute loading. Not a fan of the frequent loading in Dead Rising either. Moving between sections of the mall isn't so bad, but that every little cutscene has to load, and then the level has to load again annoys the hell out of me. Load times in racing games are the worst because all I want to do is retry the race. The course already loaded, I just played it! Why are you loading it again! Just start me back at the beginning! I've seen it happen! I did laps and guess what, I was able to make it back around to the start!

Yeah, I'm a bit impatient. That might explain why I've been playing my DS more than my 360. No load times :p Phoenix Wright FTW! If my Gamecube still had anything that interested me, I'd play it. Not a single first party game had any load times. It made Metroid that much more enjoyable. The backtracking would have been like walking on a bed of nails if there were frequent loadtimes.

Bad_Boy
10-03-06, 06:25 AM
well we are kinda comparing load times from a handheld to a console.

on a console load times can be more forgiven, but on a handheld they are much more noticable because its a portable device. if you say ps3 load times on a psp, it doesnt bode so well for the handheld. but if you say psp load times on the ps3, its actually not that bad.

but like i said, it really depends on the game.

ENU291
10-03-06, 07:23 AM
I feel that judging the load times of the PS3 by referencing just ONE game makes no sense. Load times can vary depending on the size, complexity or amount of optimization applied to a specific game.

On another note: did you guys read about how heavy the PS3 is? I wonder what is inside that shell? Hopefully some web site will crack open a PS3 for us so we can get a peek inside. :)

Mr. Hunt
10-03-06, 07:26 AM
I feel that judging the load times of the PS3 by referencing just ONE game makes no sense. Load times can vary depending on the size, complexity or amount of optimization applied to a specific game.

On another note: did you guys read about how heavy the PS3 is? I wonder what is inside that shell? Hopefully some web site will crack open a PS3 for us so we can get a peek inside. :)

1 game? It looked like they have Resistance and Motorstorm to me...

ENU291
10-03-06, 08:00 AM
1 game? It looked like they have Resistance and Motorstorm to me...
Did they mention if those games had similar load times?

Namrok
10-03-06, 08:04 AM
on a console load times can be more forgiven

Maybe you can forgive them :p I can't think of a single game I played on the GC that had load times, though I played mostly first party titles. I mean, I know there technically were load times, they were just so short they could be masked with a camera trick or a brief splash screen. Then again, there were not a lot of games for the GC. No load times can be done. Developes are just lazy.

Mr_LoL
10-03-06, 01:26 PM
Sony probably felt guilty becuase they are a dedicated uk ps3 mag and now its been delayed till 2007. Wonder what they are going to print for 6 months.

|MaguS|
10-04-06, 05:55 PM
OPM now has acouple of retail units, and they claim that their version of Resistance is running at 1080p.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/8926/mediawg1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

six_storm
10-04-06, 08:15 PM

Just a quick observation. Has anyone ever seen a Blu-Ray player in action? Notice the load times between chapters (5-10 secs)? Wonder if the PS3 will have the same thing, not only in movies but in the game as well. I dunno, just a random thought.