PDA

View Full Version : Odd temp issue with 91.47..

Roliath
10-02-06, 07:21 PM
For some reason, I haven't had any temp monitoring in my 91.47s for the past three re-installs.. This just happened with my 7950GX2, and its never happened before. (And of course i'm using DC3Pro).
Any idea?
http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/7611/untitledoh8.th.jpg (http://img49.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitledoh8.jpg)

Roliath
10-06-06, 01:29 AM
Any ideas?

rewt
10-06-06, 02:26 AM
Did your card come with a separate utility to display temperature? The reason I ask is because sometimes manufacturers will use non-standard components on their cards, and the nvidia driver might not display it.

If you've seen temp in the driver before (with that card), then something is bugged. Try using another prog such as NVTray or RivaTuner. They both use special functions to read the GPU temp.

Let me know if it works out.

Roliath
10-06-06, 12:38 PM
There wasn't any other program bundled to read GPU temps.
Another thing I noticed is I can't select dual display's from the NV CP, and I don't have a "detect optimal frequencies" in the overclocking part.
This only happens with the 7950GX2, it won't happen if I put my old 6800GT or my dad's 7900GT.
EDIT: I seem to get those options back if i disable MultiGPU option in the New NV CP, for some reason its turned on by default. Yet I only have one GX2.

fatal1ty
10-06-06, 01:30 PM
There wasn't any other program bundled to read GPU temps.
Another thing I noticed is I can't select dual display's from the NV CP, and I don't have a "detect optimal frequencies" in the overclocking part.
This only happens with the 7950GX2, it won't happen if I put my old 6800GT or my dad's 7900GT.
EDIT: I seem to get those options back if i disable MultiGPU option in the New NV CP, for some reason its turned on by default. Yet I only have one GX2.

u want multi GPU enabled.

yehuda
10-06-06, 01:31 PM
You do know the 7950gx2 is actually two cards in sli? Thats why you only can only enable dual displays if you disable multi gpu.

I also use 91.47 and don't have temp monitor and the detect optimal freq. in classic control panel. try the new one.

edit: to enable the new control panel, go to Control Panel User Interface tab in the classic control panel and choose the new one.

Roliath
10-06-06, 02:21 PM
yeah I knew that, its just i never exactly understood how the GX2 worked in a single setup.

dmann304
10-06-06, 11:08 PM
From my understanding, their still glitches that need to be worked out in the current crop of drivers for the dual cards.

The 7950GX2 is actually a bridged card with 2 GPU's and 2 memory controllers but spliced together as one. Kinda like the voodoo 5 was but more better planned out.