PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else get stuttering in Just Cause after playing awhile?

fatal1ty
10-03-06, 09:12 AM
Just wondering - I've got an AMD x2 with the dual core patches applied. But I've got the GPU running 600/780 and while I dont have any problems in any other games after playing for about an hour, Just Cause is the only one that starts stuttering. So it's either a game issue or maybe GPU OC issue - I doubt the GPU issue though, I have a 120mm fan blowing over them and they hit about 72 max while playing for the duration.

I think it's more a game issue with the textures, as they make a big deal about the seamless world - I think it starts to chew up too much memory after awhile and causes the stutter. I can restart the game and it's fine again. I just was wondering if anyone else was getting stuttering in Just Cause after playing it for about an hour (or more...)?

vpance
10-15-06, 05:19 PM
I have this problem too, but with a 7800GS+. After about 45 to 60 minutes of play, the stuttering / freezing comes. I thought it was the video card trying to throttle itself because it was too hot. But seeing your post makes me also believe it's the game's fault.

fatal1ty
10-15-06, 05:20 PM
yup, check the gamespot forums - it's a game issue, caching more than likely...

vpance
10-15-06, 05:29 PM
Hehe yeah I just saw the thread on GS. Good game, shame about this freezing problem. I am using onboard sound so that might be the prob..

OWA
10-18-06, 10:00 PM
OT but can you post some screenshots of JC. I've been thinking of getting it but would like to see some user screenshots instead of the ones on game sites. Also, if you don't mind, use max settings whether it runs well at max settings or not.

I tried searching the game forum since I thought I had seen a thread on it but it keeps turning up empty no matter what I try.

RanCorX2
10-21-06, 06:47 AM
in the demo it would run really smoothly and then suddenly go reallly slow for a few seconds then speed up which got annoying after a few minutes. doesn't happen in the full game. havn't experienced any stuttering yet.

OWA
10-21-06, 06:32 PM
check out the in-game screenshots thread"" :)

...experiencing also the stuttering here. :thumbdwn:
Thanks, I'll take a look...