PDA

View Full Version : This might not be good?

Pages : [1] 2

Droid6
10-03-06, 03:22 PM
PS3 overheating. (http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&pubid=968163964505&cid=1159869425283&col=968705899037&call_page=TS_News&call_pageid=968332188492&call_pagepath=News/News)

Bad_Boy
10-03-06, 03:24 PM
"While the reason for this is unknown, we suspect it may be due to overheating as a result of enclosing the units and the high temperatures at the venue," Gibson wrote. "We are concerned that such a problem has occurred so close to full production and is clearly negative news for the company.''
http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/1006/365999.html
About 200 PlayStation 3 units were clustered together in close proximity and housed in kiosks that concentrated the heat generated by their processors and provided poor ventilation, Kato said. Overheating under such circumstances is a common affliction at trade shows, afflicting not just Sony products but those of its competitors, she said.

"It's not a problem with the PlayStation 3 unit itself," Kato said. "For a normal player at home, there shouldn't be any problem."

;)

GamerGuyX
10-03-06, 03:25 PM
Sony Shares Plunge on PlayStation 3 Overheating Issues

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/11928/Sony-Shares-Plunge-on-PlayStation-3-Overheating-Issues/

;)

Bad_Boy
10-03-06, 03:32 PM
I could care less about sony's shares as long as my ps3 doesnt over heat like the 360.

;)

GamerGuyX
10-03-06, 03:34 PM
I could care less about sony's shares as long as my ps3 doesnt over heat like the 360.

;)

Which it very well could. ;)

Droid6
10-03-06, 03:36 PM

I'm not so sure the issue with the 360's was overheating (overheat is 1 word) so your post is sort of flamebait.

:thumbdwn:

msxyz
10-03-06, 03:40 PM
Interesting that the PS3 is hit by the same rumor circulating after the X05 convention during which some 360s crashed.

Also in that case, blame was put on the demo kiosks not being properly aereated. Well, it turned out that early 360s were defective, but that's another story... ;)

Actually I'm more concenred about the controller batteries in danger of exploding. After all, they're made by Sony :lol:

Bad_Boy
10-03-06, 03:40 PM
I'm not so sure the issue with the 360's was overheating (overheat is 1 word) so your post is sort of flamebait.

:thumbdwn:
Sorry if I'm wrong on that, I was under the impression 360 problems were due to over heating. If its another hardware issue, then I take that back. But my statement still stands, as long as my ps3 doesnt overheat, I could care less about sony shares.

msxyz
10-03-06, 03:46 PM
Microsoft hasn't issue a clear statement on the matter. Some people blamed the less than optimal contact between the CPU and the heatsink, other blamed the memory modules, etc...

My machine died on a very cold february morning while browsing the dashboard, so I don't think it was due to overheating.

At least Microsoft has finally admitted that the first batch of manufactured Xboxes has an unusually high defect rate. But what is behind these problems is still matter of debate.

Sazar
10-03-06, 03:53 PM
Maybe Sony will include an a/c unit inside the PS3 ?

Perhaps thats why it weighs so much, coz of the compressor and all the other a/c components?

Marvel_us
10-03-06, 04:09 PM
Maybe Sony will include an a/c unit inside the PS3 ?

Perhaps thats why it weighs so much, coz of the compressor and all the other a/c components?

Weight might be due to the internal power supply but it's not like users will do much moving around with the PS3.

As for this story it doesn't mean anything until defective PS3 units are being brought back to retailers from consumers. Will that happen? Maybe, maybe not.

evilchris
10-03-06, 04:13 PM
Sorry if I'm wrong on that, I was under the impression 360 problems were due to over heating. If its another hardware issue, then I take that back. But my statement still stands, as long as my ps3 doesnt overheat, I could care less about sony shares.

You could or couldn't care less?

I wish I could observe this X360 overheating problem. Mine is 11 months old how much longer do I need to wait?

Typical fanboy.

Someone says X360 overheats: " OMG DESIGN FLAW lOLOLOLOLOLOL !!! "

Someone says PS3 overheats: " OMG LIARS LOLLOLOLO IT DOESN TOVERHEAT, EVEn THO I DONT EVEn OWN ONE AND DDONT KNoW ANYWEAYS!!"

Bad_Boy
10-03-06, 04:20 PM

couldn't, sorry. long day. :o

JigenD
10-03-06, 04:40 PM
I've had more problems with Sony hardware personally than any other company.

I GUARANTEE you the PS3 launch will make the 360 launch look like a Nintendo launch. (If you get my meaning)

evilchris
10-03-06, 04:51 PM

I GUARANTEE you the PS3 launch will make the 360 launch look like a Nintendo launch. (If you get my meaning)
The PS3 was made by God himself and will have no issues. teH cELL and rSX will make PC's and X360 obsolete, and take over the world.

JigenD
10-03-06, 04:55 PM
The PS3 was made by God himself and will have no issues. teH cELL and rSX will make PC's and X360 obsolete, and take over the world.

God made humanity too, and look how that's turning out :D

ENU291
10-03-06, 04:57 PM

Oh no... someone used the word "GUARANTEE" here.

JigenD
10-03-06, 05:01 PM
Oh no... someone used the word "GUARANTEE" here.

People on internet forums need to stop being cynical bastards.

The defects in Sony hardware are well known, and it extends beyond their game consoles. They make good stuff, just not 'dependable'.

The chances of PS3 having a good record reguarding hardware failures is practically nill.

NAZCA M12
10-03-06, 05:36 PM

I wish I could observe this X360 overheating problem. Mine is 11 months old how much longer do I need to wait?

Typical fanboy.

Someone says X360 overheats: " OMG DESIGN FLAW lOLOLOLOLOLOL !!! "

Someone says PS3 overheats: " OMG LIARS LOLLOLOLO IT DOESN TOVERHEAT, EVEn THO I DONT EVEn OWN ONE AND DDONT KNoW ANYWEAYS!!"

Typical fanboy eh? Ever tried to replace X360 with PS3 and vice versa in those two sentences? No? Well look who's talking then. But yeah you're right, obviously there was no X360 problems at all because yours didn't break down. That's right people, you heard it here first. IT'S A ****ING CONSPIRACY! I guarantee that :D

And i also guarantee that the only thing these kind of articles serve is a chance for certain fanboys around these fora to ****suck their favourite console or show their hatred to the one they dislike, guaranteeing things at the same time. Get the **** out of my face. Lets wait for the problems to appear when the product actually reach its customers first, then we talk.

JigenD
10-03-06, 06:07 PM
Typical fanboy eh? Ever tried to replace X360 with PS3 and vice versa in those two sentences? No? Well look who's talking then. But yeah you're right, obviously there was no X360 problems at all because yours didn't break down. That's right people, you heard it here first. IT'S A ****ING CONSPIRACY! I guarantee that :D

And i also guarantee that the only thing these kind of articles serve is a chance for certain fanboys around these fora to ****suck their favourite console or show their hatred to the one they dislike, guaranteeing things at the same time. Get the **** out of my face. Lets wait for the problems to appear when the product actually reach its customers first, then we talk.

Only problem is most 360 owners WILL admit they have problems with their units.

We CAN talk about problems before they happen. Many of the problems in the world could be solved if people thought about the possibilities before they occur. But of course, we must use evidence. Evidence like Sony delaying their shipping dates and the launch in Europe because they're having problems making PS3s.

I also add that it does seem that Sony and Nintendo fanboys are more 'rabid' than MS fanboys. MS is a newcomer to the console race, so their fans are less trustworthy of MS.

I am no fanboy, however. I'd like to think of my views as realistic. I WILL buy a PS3 and Wii. I'll probably get a PS3 at launch too, if I can preorder it.

All hardware has problems, I've been an early adopter long enough to know that. I just feel that PS3 is going to have more problems than any of the other recent console releases.

Sazar
10-03-06, 06:30 PM
Weight might be due to the internal power supply but it's not like users will do much moving around with the PS3.

As for this story it doesn't mean anything until defective PS3 units are being brought back to retailers from consumers. Will that happen? Maybe, maybe not.

I was kidding, was not meant as a post to respond to :captnkill:

Zelda_fan
10-03-06, 06:47 PM

for real. I'm totally worried that the PS3 might be so good, it will pull a matrix on us, and destory mankind as we know it.

JigenD
10-03-06, 07:51 PM
for real. I'm totally worried that the PS3 might be so good, it will pull a matrix on us, and destory mankind as we know it.

Ehh, these kind of posts, along with 'THe ceLL' in the other thread are annoying.

It's not really helping discussion one way or another.

|MaguS|
10-03-06, 07:52 PM
Ehh, these kind of posts, along with 'THe ceLL' in the other thread are annoying.

It's not really helping discussion one way or another.

Can't help it, Zelda_fan and evilchris are known for derailing threads and just acting retarded when PS3 is mentioned...

Acid Rain
10-03-06, 09:05 PM
God made humanity too, and look how that's turning out :DWhich one? ;) MS is a newcomer to the console race, so their fans are less trustworthy of MS. Additionally, you have the rabid "I hate $M$ICR$$0$0ft$$ because teh GEYTES makes more money than me!!!!" crowd to contend with.