PDA

View Full Version : Call of Juarez available?

Pages : [1] 2

sillyeagle
10-05-06, 11:56 PM
So what happens if somebody from America logs into the english side of the Call of Juarez site and tries to order the downlaod?

CaptNKILL
10-06-06, 12:07 AM
Black helicopters come and take you away!

:D

arioch21
10-06-06, 12:19 AM
Black helicopters come and take you away!

:D

lol :D

nekrosoft13
10-06-06, 09:40 PM
official site most likelly won't ship to other counties.

you need to find some other store.

i got mine from Poland, and thannks to a board member that the 500k translation file ;)

crainger
10-06-06, 10:33 PM
So what happens if somebody from America logs into the english side of the Call of Juarez site and tries to order the downlaod?

Order the download? If you can get it electronically then you should have no problems, You might have to get that translation file that nekro mentioned.

I bought a Sims 2 stuff pack that said US and Canada only and downloaded it fine. Though the Men in Black were a bit rough with the cavity search. MI6 are a lot more gentle. :captnkill:

nekrosoft13
10-07-06, 01:10 AM
thanks again!! ;)

MaxSand
10-08-06, 05:37 AM
I'm in Los Angeles and I got the UK version from a company called go.gamer.com

http://www.gogamer.com/PC-Games_stcVVcatId444758VVviewcat.htm

I received it in less then a week.

CaptNKILL
10-08-06, 05:43 AM
GoGamer is an excellent source of import games. :)

Becoming
10-08-06, 12:25 PM
Yes I've ordered more than a few titles from them before and been pretty happy with the service. I may have to snag Gothic 3 from them if I'd get it appreciably faster than waiting for the US release.

thenerdguy
10-11-06, 08:06 PM
I ebayed a copy. :) this game beats all others hands down. Its got the graphics. Acting, gameplay. One of the longest stagecoach chaces ever! and its a western! The overheard conversations are awsome! Its even got Wh0res!

Bearclaw
10-11-06, 10:03 PM
This is the game..the western one right. It looks aweosme I think. I want to get it. Add it to FSX and Alan Wake, haha. I mgith go order it from go.gamer right now...

Bearclaw
10-11-06, 10:15 PM
Just checked out the website..the games looks really cool. I am ordering it now.

nVidi0t
10-11-06, 11:25 PM
I just received my copy yesterday (imported). FPS of the year so far, HANDS DOWN.

I'm up to episode X. Techland deserve a damn lot of awards.

crainger
10-12-06, 01:32 AM
I just received my copy yesterday (imported). FPS of the year so far, HANDS DOWN.

I'm up to episode X. Techland deserve a damn lot of awards.

Are you crazy?? Prey was better than this. Sin: Episodes! HL2: Episodes! Dark Messiah will be too.

nekrosoft13
10-12-06, 07:01 AM
dark messiah is the only competition

prey, and sin, basically it the same old formula re-done again.

only thing that prey had new was the gravity walks, it brought nothing else.

while Call of Juarez is the first good amazing western shooter.

thenerdguy
10-12-06, 08:14 AM
I beat it last night. :)

Easily the best FPS of this year!!!! I love the desert levels, I and the fricking Traps the Aztecs put in place before you get to the treasure vault.

The Bosses are truely hard to beat but fun. This game should be getting best shooter of the year award!

I need to see if techland has a viral marketing program and get on it. :)

nekrosoft13
10-12-06, 08:33 AM
techland currently have 3 shooters in production for 2007, plus few other games in different genre.

First one out should be Chrome 2, around March 07, futuristing shooter

Second will be Warhounds, after Chrome2, maybe March too, still to early to tell, play a Mercenarie

Third one will be Zombie Island? (something like that), around summer/Fall.

Techland is a quite small and poor company compared to all other developers.

Techland the underdog, i wish them luck

edit, BTW, all these games run on various versions of Chrome engine, which was developed in house, its the only highly advance game engine wrote entirelly in Java.

nVidi0t
10-12-06, 08:39 PM
Just finished it, and this is Game of the Year, for sure. The end cutscene was underwhelming but for the last 4-5 hours of the game I was GLUED to the screen, and screaming/cheering while blasting my way through Juarez' men while darting around cover, dodging bullets in slow motion, on the edge of my seat ready to quick draw, and blazing through mountains in persuit of brigands.

The graphics, the sounds, the story and the animation are just fantastic. If you enjoy FPS, or just love the western theme (which I adore) you'd be a fool not to buy this.

It's so refreshing to see this kind of effort put into a game.

crainger
10-12-06, 09:56 PM
while Call of Juarez is the first good amazing western shooter.

2nd. LucasArt's Outlaws is better than Call of Juarez in everyway but graphics.

stevemedes
10-12-06, 10:17 PM

QFT

<3 old LucasArts games.

Multiplayer Outlaws on the MSN gaming zone ftw

nVidi0t
10-12-06, 11:36 PM

You must be joking! :captnkill:

crainger
10-12-06, 11:52 PM
You must be joking! :captnkill:

Nope. Better story, better sound, better music.

Call Juarez is good. But Outlaws is better!

nVidi0t
10-13-06, 12:13 AM
Better story, maybe, I cant remember that thoroughly.

Better sound? no effing way.

Better music? possibly

I think you got a severe case of the nostalgia virus :D

crainger
10-13-06, 12:25 AM
Better story, maybe, I cant remember that thoroughly.

Better sound? no effing way.

Better music? rofl.

I think you got a severe case of the nostalgia virus :D

Seriously. The sound used A3D. It was a great 3D effect. (Nostalgia bug here)

Music, now you made me second guess this. I have the mp3 of the Outlaws theme and love it. But now I remember the menu music for Call of Juarez with the character slide show and I'd say they are about even.

nVidi0t
10-13-06, 12:28 AM
I actually changed my comment about the music, my memory is pretty couldy and after checking some sites to try and download some I remember how the score actally was. It was really good.

I still think CoJ is much, much better though.