PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 2142 Demo and Enermax 1kw PSU problem

kam03
10-06-06, 09:54 AM
I just downloaded the Battlefield 2142 Demo. When I enter the video options menu in the game and change the resolution to 1600x1200 the PSU seems to go all crazy with a red flashing light and a beeping sound.

The red flashing light with beeping sound in the manual indicates fan problem (fan speed less then 450 rpm).

This is weird because I only get this problem on the Battlefield 2142 Demo Video Options Menu (when changing the resolution to 1600x1200). All other games are fine I donít get any problems.

Once Iíve changed the resolution in Battlefield 2142 Demo and go out of the video options the problem goes away???????? I can even play the game; its just the video option area this happens.

Any idea what this problem could be? the game? my power socket?

Thanks

Xion X2
10-06-06, 01:25 PM
Any idea what this problem could be? the game? my power socket?

LMAO. Bugglefield strikes again.

Seriously, I have no idea.. but if there was any game on planet earth that would have this sort of problem, it would be Battlefield. That is the buggiest damn game I've ever played.

Odd issue that you have there.

Milk&Cheese
10-06-06, 04:10 PM
that's weird. i'd think it's a warning beep saying it cant supply enough energy but a kw!? does not compute, does not compute, error error, danger will robinson

if there was any game on planet earth that would have this sort of problem, it would be Battlefield. That is the buggiest damn game I've ever played.
i guess you never played a SoE game then :lol:

MustangSVT
10-06-06, 05:09 PM
Danger will robinson, danger will robinson, DESTROY robinson family!! :captnkill:

Anyway, sounds like a game bug. :thumbdwn:

SH64
10-06-06, 06:11 PM
Hmm maybe your PSU is not enough for teh l33t bf2124 ?? (j/k)

its a wierd issue , but might indicate theres something wrong with the power.
i say if all other games are running fine then dont concern yourself .. as for BF2142 wait for the full game. it might be an issue with the demo only ?