PDA

View Full Version : Windows Wont Boot Please Help.

CDE_1246
10-06-06, 01:53 PM
Yesterday i was cleaning out my computer for dust becuase it restarted out of no where. I reseated my ram as well and then i put my cover back on powered it on and my computer wouldnt do anything it was just a black screen. It still turned on but no beeps nuthing. Then reseated my ram and cleared my cmos after that turned it back on. Then windows displays the boot screen and then finishes with a BSOD everytime. Reseated video card now windows just freezes right before it shows the boot screen. Tried safe mode, last known good configuration etc..... Any suggestions? Thanks for reply.

The Bigman
10-06-06, 02:05 PM
Sounds like motherboard could be failling. You reseated everything which would be my advice but dome that and also check for loose cables too. Reconnect everything back up even power cable too.

CDE_1246
10-06-06, 02:13 PM
Thanks so reconnect everything to my mother board like 20 pin connecter and all that?

CDE_1246
10-06-06, 02:23 PM
hmmmm that didnt work. My mother board isnt even that old so i dont think it could be dying. Thanks for reply Any other suggestions?

schuey74
10-06-06, 02:32 PM
Could also be dead/dying memory. Try both sticks seperately (assuming you've got 512 x 2)

And also make sure SATA/PATA cables are pushed in all the way on the peripherals (HD, DVD Drive), not just the mobo.

CDE_1246
10-07-06, 08:26 AM
I got my computer working after some tinkering around inside like cables video card and then after a few restarts it works just fine now. thanks

rflair
10-07-06, 08:48 AM
Glad you have it working, PCChips motherboards are bottum of the barrel though.