PDA

View Full Version : MOHAA Issues

dmann304
10-07-06, 12:14 AM
Some folks here were commenting on MOHAA having issues with new drivers.

Its actually the gL. dll in the game DIR. You shoudl replace it with one that works well.

People were having this problem on ATI drivers last year with the 5 series and i believe its happening with the drivers out now. Its a Quake 3 engine based game so but they modified the dll for some game based enhancements but doesn't make a differnece just the fog effect.

bagman
10-08-06, 03:42 AM
Could you explain further please ??
Where am I supposed to find a gl.dll that works well ?

I'm having issues with MOHAA. Keep getting a message to the effect that I need a video card with multi-texturing.
As I am running a 7950GX2 I do not believe the card is the problem.
I have tried various driver versions. but am limited to the 9 XX series as they are the only ones that support my card

cheers

candle_86
10-10-06, 02:49 AM
Hmm I dont have a prob with the game, works fine for me, did you patch it?

bagman
10-10-06, 05:14 AM
Yes patched the game, tried various driver versions.
Did a complete and clean un-install
Nothing works
I believe it is an issue with the 9XX series of drivers and my 7950GX2
My understanding is the nVidia team have replicated the issue in their testing enviroment, so I'm hoping a fix will be in an upcoming driver release

cheers

saturnotaku
10-10-06, 06:18 AM
Did you use the profile? MOHAA requires that the OpenGL extension limit be enabled. If the built-in profile doesn't work, try creating one using nHancer.

bagman
10-10-06, 06:33 AM
Did you use the profile? MOHAA requires that the OpenGL extension limit be enabled. If the built-in profile doesn't work, try creating one using nHancer.

Yes my friend I have used the nVidia pre-defined profile, which comes with extension limit "on" by default.

I recall that before I swiched video cards I had similar problems that were caused by having custom profiles for Breakthrough and Spearhead, as well as the MOHAA profile created by nVidia
Once I removed the profiles I had made for Breakthrough/Spearhead and just left the nVidia MOHAA profile the game worked fine.
I believe that may be the cause of my problems.
I'm reluctant to use nHancer due to the .net protocol yu must use.
It created too many other dramas with the O/S

cheers

bagman
10-10-06, 07:07 AM
This is the warning I get when trying to load the game.
I can only get as far as the loading screen before it crashes with this message

cheers

candle_86
10-10-06, 12:47 PM
really odd, I'm using 91.47 and run MOHAA just fine.