PDA

View Full Version : Triton Closes Down

jAkUp
10-08-06, 12:15 AM
http://forums.3drealms.com/vb/showthread.php?p=425005#post425005

hmmm.. not sure what this means for the customers who bought Prey though it...

nutcrackr
10-08-06, 12:18 AM
Wow that didn't last long did it. I thought Prey sold pretty well and then that would mean they probably got a few sales through the Triton service. Sucks for the customers I will be really interested to see what happens.

Their site is down too. http://www.playtriton.com/

toxikneedle
10-08-06, 01:21 AM
What's triton? Is it like their own steam?

Edge
10-08-06, 02:00 AM
This is one of the things I was worried about when Steam was first announced: every company is going to try to make their own digital distribution system, and they all have a chance of going down making all your purchases...well...worthless.

Hopefully they'll come up with a solution for those that did buy games on the service though.

agentkay
10-08-06, 11:35 AM
I hope that people who bought it (throughTriton) can at least use the no-dvd and still be able to play it. OWA, donīt you have the Triton version?

K007
10-08-06, 11:43 AM
wow thats ****ed ><

johnkeel105
10-08-06, 12:44 PM
This is the very reason that online distibution truely sucks. I like having the game and the game box. I do have Steam games and hopefully they wont go out. But if they were about to EA would probably buy them out!

LurkerLito
10-08-06, 02:08 PM
IIRC, wasn't it triton that had stuff on their web site prior to the prey sale saying that if they ever went out of business they would put out a decrypted version for their users? I remember reading that on one of the digital distributor's FAQs before a major game was comming out for it and I am pretty sure it was for Prey because I was thinking about getting it online rather than retail at first (good thing I didn't :)).

BioHazZarD
10-08-06, 03:43 PM
guess all customers are fubared then.

nutcrackr
10-08-06, 08:42 PM
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/44168

Looks like some guy from Triton is making a patch for Prey users so they no longer need Triton. Pretty nice of him.

Becoming
10-10-06, 07:56 PM
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1108153

At least they seem to be taking it seriously. Boxed copy mailed to the customers that purchased Prey=great response from them.

OWA
10-11-06, 12:07 AM
I hope that people who bought it (throughTriton) can at least use the no-dvd and still be able to play it. OWA, donīt you have the Triton version?
Yeah, I have the Triton version and I also bought a retail copy.

They stated that their policy would be to "unlock" all the games purchased through Triton if they ever went out of business. I guess we'll see if that happens.

WimpMiester
10-11-06, 10:42 PM
From the 3Drealms website:

Prey Update for Triton Customers

As those of you who purchased Prey through Triton are by now aware, the service is no longer functioning. This is an unfortunate happening, but we do have some good news for all of those who bought Prey through the Triton service.

2K has set up a replacement program for customers who purchased Prey via the Triton download service. A new boxed copy of Prey will be shipped to each customer who purchased the game via Triton, DiStream or www.playtriton.com, as Triton is undergoing a reorganization process and copies downloaded from the service may not function properly. There is no action required on the part of the purchaser. Boxed copies will be mailed automatically to the credit card address on file. Thank you for your patience during this interim period; we look forward to getting affected customers back up and playing Prey as soon as possible.

crainger
10-11-06, 11:03 PM
From the 3Drealms website:

Prey Update for Triton Customers

As those of you who purchased Prey through Triton are by now aware, the service is no longer functioning. This is an unfortunate happening, but we do have some good news for all of those who bought Prey through the Triton service.

2K has set up a replacement program for customers who purchased Prey via the Triton download service. A new boxed copy of Prey will be shipped to each customer who purchased the game via Triton, DiStream or www.playtriton.com, as Triton is undergoing a reorganization process and copies downloaded from the service may not function properly. There is no action required on the part of the purchaser. Boxed copies will be mailed automatically to the credit card address on file. Thank you for your patience during this interim period; we look forward to getting affected customers back up and playing Prey as soon as possible.

Thats good new :)

Becoming
10-11-06, 11:10 PM
I..already posted that?

jAkUp
10-12-06, 03:27 AM
lol