PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Messiah Might & Magic - Get it on Steam NOW!

Pages : [1] 2

PeterJensen
10-08-06, 05:03 AM
weee ;)

The game is now available for buy and preload on Steam :)

http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=game&AppId=2100&

SH64
10-08-06, 06:32 AM
I'm getting the non-steam version.

PeterJensen
10-08-06, 07:02 AM
I allready payed for the Steam version, and preloaded it :)

crainger
10-08-06, 08:32 AM
I'm going retail to see what these bonus weapons are...

LurkerLito
10-08-06, 10:40 AM
Anyone know if the retail version has a disc check type copy protection or does it also use steam? Personally if it uses a disc check type protection I might just go with the steam version (unless I can find the retail cheaper ;)).

stncttr908
10-08-06, 11:44 AM
Damn, no discount for preloaders? That's crappy. To be honest, the retail version might require you to install steam and auth your key anyway, so unless GoGamer.com puts it on sale for $40 or less you probably should just get the digital copy.

|MaguS|
10-08-06, 02:07 PM
Damn, no discount for preloaders? That's crappy. To be honest, the retail version might require you to install steam and auth your key anyway, so unless GoGamer.com puts it on sale for $40 or less you probably should just get the digital copy.

Again, Digital copy doesn't come with the 4 exclusive weapons that are included in the LE Version of the game... Me wants more weapons!

LurkerLito
10-08-06, 02:16 PM
Again, Digital copy doesn't come with the 4 exclusive weapons that are included in the LE Version of the game... Me wants more weapons!

I don't think that is enough of an incentive personally. More weapons would be cool, but those 4 weapons won't probably mean a thing once modders start building their own. The only time I can see game content being an incentive for anything is on MMORPG type games or on Console games where the content is locked down. For most PC games it won't mean a thing once mods start comming out for the game.

|MaguS|
10-08-06, 02:19 PM
I don't think that is enough of an incentive personally. More weapons would be cool, but those 4 weapons won't probably mean a thing once modders start building their own. The only time I can see game content being an incentive for anything is on MMORPG type games or on Console games where the content is locked down. For most PC games it won't mean a thing once mods start comming out for the game.

Unless weapons cant be modded into the game, they need to allow it for it to happen. Look at Vampire:Bloodlines... no mods ever released for that game...

CaptNKILL
10-08-06, 02:38 PM
Well you get a retail box, a hard copy of the game (probably with an instruction manual), extra levels, extra weapons, an extra player skin for online, character cards, a sountrack CD and a "making of" video when you purchase the retail limited edition.

And as far as I know, the retail game does not require steam to run (the single player demo didnt), so its an alternative for people who have issues with steam and the way it works.

I'll be getting the limited edition. Hopefully GoGamer lists it at closer to $50 though, they dont even have it on their site yet.

crainger
10-08-06, 05:55 PM
Well you get a retail box, a hard copy of the game (probably with an instruction manual), extra levels, extra weapons, an extra player skin for online, character cards, a sountrack CD and a "making of" video when you purchase the retail limited edition.

And as far as I know, the retail game does not require steam to run (the single player demo didnt), so its an alternative for people who have issues with steam and the way it works.

I'll be getting the limited edition. Hopefully GoGamer lists it at closer to $50 though, they dont even have it on their site yet.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the retail version will be Steam free, I wouldn't mind if it did. Atleast it wont have Starforce as Ubisoft said no more Starforce games would be released.

I just pre ordered my Limited Edition. $99AUD, though I love the demo so much I don't mind the high cost. Hope the AU release has the soundtrack and other bonuses the US version has.

CaptNKILL
10-08-06, 07:09 PM
Hope the AU release has the soundtrack and other bonuses the US version has.
It does, but all of the music is performed by an aborigine with a didgeridoo. :)

agentkay
10-08-06, 07:12 PM
Look at Vampire:Bloodlines... no mods ever released for that game...

But countless (unofficial) patches, the latest (v3.0) is around 125MB:

http://www.3dgamers.com/dlselect/games/vampirebloodlines/Thirdparty/vtmbup30.txt

The value of a game is highly increased if it has proper mod support. I definitly hope that DMMM will have it.

|MaguS|
10-08-06, 07:14 PM

http://www.3dgamers.com/dlselect/games/vampirebloodlines/Thirdparty/vtmbup30.txt

The value of a game is highly increased if it has proper mod support. I definitly hope that DMMM will have it.

It's not really countless... just one community patch that gets updated often. Im up to date. ;)

grey_1
10-08-06, 07:15 PM
It does, but all of the music is performed by an aborigine with a didgeridoo. :)
:rofl

crainger
10-08-06, 07:19 PM

LOL If that were true they would find their Collectors Edition firmly up their arses!

crainger
10-08-06, 07:22 PM

3.0?! I only just downloaded 2.9!

CaptNKILL
10-08-06, 07:22 PM
LOL If that were true they would find their Collectors Edition firmly up their arses!
:lol2:

Badboy_12345
10-09-06, 04:57 AM
50$+25%tax :rolleyes:
hahahaahahahahahaa yeah right
here take all my money PLZ
bleh I will never buy anything over steam its just overpriced crap
Ill buy it at my nearest store for alot less and get a book, a nice little package and a dvd

crainger
10-09-06, 06:54 AM
50$+25%tax :rolleyes:
hahahaahahahahahaa yeah right
here take all my money PLZ
bleh I will never buy anything over steam its just overpriced crap
Ill buy it at my nearest store for alot less and get a book, a nice little package and a dvd

See it's the opposite here. On Steam a game for $50 USD = $65 AUD. That same game retail would be $90-$100 AUD. Steam FTW, unless you want manuals, soundtracks etc.

russ_3d
10-09-06, 09:28 AM
i cant even buy the damn thing over steam.

they wont accept a switch/maestro debit card. i always have this trouble with american goods

Quickstar
10-09-06, 01:44 PM
All I have to say about this game is RELOADED. I'll wait because the demo left me unfulfilled an im still skeptical. Hopefully the full version will entice me with storyline and that whole RPG 'level-up' element. It's the same feeling i get from BF2142 because of all the upgrades and stuff you can't get with the demo but with the full.

CaptNKILL
10-09-06, 02:41 PM
Dark Messiah is GOLD!

http://www.mightandmagic.com/us/

Hitting store shelves October 24th :)

SH64
10-09-06, 02:43 PM
Good news!

russ_3d
10-09-06, 04:17 PM
annoying that they could release it now on steam except we have to wait for the dvd .. :rolleyes;