PDA

View Full Version : It's happened, TDU is delayed.

MaXThReAT
10-09-06, 02:06 PM
Well it has happened. I was really looking forward to playing this month but it looks like the new date is 02/13/07 It's not the end of the world but this is the developer behind Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed, the best game in the NFS series many would say, as well as the V-Rally titles, so I've really been looking forward to this.

I guess better delayed than buggy but I just have this feeling PC users are getting the shaft again because the 360version has had problem so instead of porting and polishing the PC ver they have been working on stabilizing the 360 version for the big MS. So I'm throwing myself deep in to GTR2 once I get my G25.

stncttr908
10-09-06, 02:13 PM
Allow me to be the first (perhaps only) to ask "WTF is TDU?"

rflair
10-09-06, 02:18 PM
Test Drive Unlimited, I think.

S.I.N
10-09-06, 02:24 PM
Allow me to be the first (perhaps only) to ask "WTF is TDU?"

Haha I was thinking the same thing.

nekrosoft13
10-09-06, 02:39 PM
god damn it

release it now, patch it later!!

MaXThReAT
10-09-06, 02:59 PM
god damn it

Unless it's unplayable then I agree. If it has a few bugs here and there, I say put it out and patch it later, even if it's as bad as BF2 has been. I don't think there is anything that could keep me from enjoying this game, unless it crashes and erases you game saves like the 360 version has been doing. NFSC was coming the same day maybe they didn't want to compete against it, LOL, I hope not NFSC is a joke, or it is really is buggy or both. Maybe they are waiting for vista, maybe MS has snagged another vista launch title. I wouldn't doubt it one bit. MS says "we'll give you $$$ and help to make this a dX10 vista title only" Eden Studios says " $$$ + MS backing, sure we'll delay the game, no problem, were would you like me shove my head...okay" Or "We are sorry the 360 version is so buggy, we'll just push back the PC version and work on the 360." Once PC's use the same unified shader architecture porting games from the 360 to the PC will much much easier. Thats MS's promis to bring gaming back to the PC...Port all 360 games, it's more money for MS...duh.

I guess if you don't know what TDU is, this is no big deal but I’ve played the game on 360 and I want it bad on PC, it's really ganna be a sick game.

stncttr908
10-09-06, 03:04 PM
Brain fart of the day #1.

Surely not the last either. :D

shabby
10-09-06, 03:34 PM

Isnt that ea's motto? :)

nekrosoft13
10-09-06, 04:25 PM
Isnt that ea's motto? :)

not really, EA motto is just release it, and forget it

Marvel_us
10-09-06, 06:18 PM
This sucks, I was looking forward to this game. Dammit!

crainger
10-09-06, 07:18 PM
I was trying to decide between the 360 version and the PC version. Looks like the 360 version wins as it's out now! :captnkill: