PDA

View Full Version : Reserve Playstion 3 Officially Tomorrow!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

|MaguS|
10-09-06, 08:17 PM
Seems like Tomorrow is the day for Gamestop and EBGames to "officially" reserve the PS3. I and acouple others have been able to sneak in but many haven't. I called a local store and they said they already have 4 people waiting outside...

They don't expect many units at all per location but they do know the exact allocation but are not allowed to share the numbers. What they told me is that once they hit their numbers, no more reserves will be allowed but basically that if you reserve you will be getting one.

Goodluck everyone! (nana2)

ENU291
10-09-06, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the heads up. This could turn out to be a good money making opportunity! ;)

superklye
10-09-06, 08:33 PM
GAOPNIOSANG:ASNGAS

I wish I had the money to do this!

LycosV
10-09-06, 08:45 PM
My memory is a little fuzzy but with the 360 didn't people who "reserved" not even get one neccisarily because of all of the hype/low numbers? What's to say that the PS3 will be any different?

sytaylor
10-09-06, 08:51 PM
But not in europe...

|MaguS|
10-09-06, 08:54 PM
My memory is a little fuzzy but with the 360 didn't people who "reserved" not even get one neccisarily because of all of the hype/low numbers? What's to say that the PS3 will be any different?

That is why they are only doing a one day reserve... They know their allocation for PS3, they didn't for the X360.

Zelda_fan
10-09-06, 08:57 PM
Seems like Tomorrow is the day for Gamestop and EBGames to "officially" reserve the PS3. I and acouple others have been able to sneak in but many haven't. I called a local store and they said they already have 4 people waiting outside...

They don't expect many units at all per location but they do know the exact allocation but are not allowed to share the numbers. What they told me is that once they hit their numbers, no more reserves will be allowed but basically that if you reserve you will be getting one.

Goodluck everyone! (nana2)

do you have any official documents for this? Not doubting you, but I would just like to print something out if any employee gives me any **** tomorrow.

Zelda_fan
10-09-06, 08:57 PM
btw

I'M BACK IN BUSINESS BABY!

|MaguS|
10-09-06, 09:02 PM
I can foward the email asll if you wish...

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/9186/mailerdb0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Marvel_us
10-09-06, 09:33 PM
Damn, too bad I'm broke at the moment. I would love to run into pre-order tomorrow.

lIqUID
10-09-06, 10:52 PM
Gamestop wouldnt tell me how many they were getting but EB thats in the same mall said they were getting 6 and the guy didnt know how many of them would be the premium units. The mall doors open at 7am, the store opens at 10am......Ill be there.

ENU291
10-10-06, 07:59 AM
As of 7:30AM Est there are about 16 people camping out in front of my local EB Games waiting to place their pre-orders. Talk about hardcore!

Zelda_fan
10-10-06, 08:03 AM
As of 7:30AM Est there are about 16 people camping out in front of my local EB Games waiting to place their pre-orders. Talk about hardcore!

That's New York right? Whereabouts in the city is that? Also what time does ebgames open in the city? I've got a plan of attack (so to speak), where I'm going to hit up various locations along the city.

Bad_Boy
10-10-06, 08:48 AM
I just drove by my ebgames about 10 mins ago, nobody outside. I'll go back later, its only about 10 minutes away.

ENU291
10-10-06, 09:08 AM
That's New York right? Whereabouts in the city is that? Also what time does ebgames open in the city? I've got a plan of attack (so to speak), where I'm going to hit up various locations along the city.
Yup...NYC. The store I'm talking about is the Union Square EB Games. When I got off the subway I walked over and saw the guys all sitting on the ground in front of the store. For a second I thought they were homeless people until I walked up and asked then what they were doing there. They said waiting to pre-order the PS3.

|MaguS|
10-10-06, 09:17 AM
I just drove by my ebgames about 10 mins ago, nobody outside. I'll go back later, its only about 10 minutes away.

Yeah, EB by my job was full of it... not one person outside waiting...

Marvel_us
10-10-06, 09:28 AM

Same here, one across the street had no one. Store opens at 10 so I'm gonna head back in a few.

Do you have to pay in full for the console or can I just put like half down?

saturnotaku
10-10-06, 09:30 AM
If you read the post on the Web site, it says $100 down.

There's a Gamestop about 5 minutes from my office. I'm going to check it out in a bit.

Marvel_us
10-10-06, 09:42 AM
My fault didn't see that, Thanks.

Zelda_fan
10-10-06, 10:21 AM
Yup...NYC. The store I'm talking about is the Union Square EB Games. When I got off the subway I walked over and saw the guys all sitting on the ground in front of the store. For a second I thought they were homeless people until I walked up and asked then what they were doing there. They said waiting to pre-order the PS3.

yeah, if you're not camping out you're not getting one. I visited 3 ebgames in the city. All three 3 had a retarted line before the thing opened.

lol Magus if I foward you $$$ could you pre-order me one.

ENU291
10-10-06, 10:29 AM
Thats the bad part about living in the city. I called all my minions outside the city and managed to pre-order about 4! :D Ebay here I come!!! Muahahahahah! (nana2) :captnkill:

Bad_Boy
10-10-06, 11:33 AM
I went back and there were 7 people in line, making me the 8th person. Store got a total of 14, so I got mine. (nana2)

ENU291
10-10-06, 11:35 AM
I went back and there were 7 people in line, making me the 8th person. Store got a total of 14, so I got mine. (nana2)
:clap: :thumbsup:

CaptNKILL
10-10-06, 11:47 AM
Well s***, looks like I missed out. :p

I have to go to work in a few minutes.

I wish I could have done it online. I'd do it right now.

russ_3d
10-10-06, 12:19 PM
i think im going to get a jap one, i have connections in japan, so im hoping i can get one for quite cheap > $410 for the 20gb sounds yummy

has anyone got a guess the timeframe of the release phases? and is it 100k before christmas or just on release? how many for christmas?

is everyone going for a 20 or 60gb? there isnt any difference between the 2 now is there? - im a bit dubious of this 'open-ended' price on the 60gb one