PDA

View Full Version : XFX 7600 GT AGP return policy on Newegg

Bubblebathgirl
10-09-06, 08:45 PM
Hi all,

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?SrchInDesc=7600&Page=1&Category=38&Brand=1669&N=2010380048+50001669&Submit=ENE&Nty=1&Manufactory=1669&SubCategory=48

Any ideas what is meant by the Open Box Item Return policy that accompanies an item listed as Retail?

BBG

jAkUp
10-09-06, 09:10 PM
I think it is referring to this:
http://www.newegg.com/CustomerService/ReturnPolicy.asp#8

Bubblebathgirl
10-09-06, 09:12 PM
Yeah I read that. But what's weird is that the product itself isn't listed as opened (differing from products like these: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?SrchInDesc=agp&Page=1&bop=AND&type=OPENBOX&Submit=LIST&SubCategory=48). So it's almost like they're selling the retail product with a limited return policy.

It could always be a typo too ;)

Milk&Cheese
10-09-06, 09:23 PM
i think if it's retail but it has the open box return policy (which means they wont replace it, only refund w/in 15 days) it means that it's a discontinued product and they cant guaruntee a replacement, so it's a precautionary warranty. you should still get the manufacturer's warranty. what it is & how long it covers you'd have to find out by visiting the manufacturer's site.

Bubblebathgirl
10-09-06, 09:42 PM
Yeah I agree, that makes sense. Newegg should probably specify that though - when ordering it makes you agree to the item being open box.

I'm gonna wait on this till tomorrow ... see if they reply to the email I sent and then call them in the AM if necessary.

Thanks for the replies.

Bubblebathgirl
10-09-06, 10:04 PM
... after some mental gymnastics i decided to roll the dice and order it now ... i'll inquire early tomorrow to see what the deal is ... but since these cards have been so hard to come by i wanted to make sure i at least got one ...

yay dancing banana!

(nana2)

saturnotaku
10-09-06, 10:25 PM
... after some mental gymnastics i decided to roll the dice and order it now ... i'll inquire early tomorrow to see what the deal is

Well that kind of defeats the purpose of asking, because once your credit card has been charged you're stuck. You could have just called them beforehand. They have a toll-free number.

Bubblebathgirl
10-10-06, 03:00 AM
As you can see from my original post of 10-09-06 05:45 PM it was already too late to call Newegg as they close at 5 PM PST (http://www.newegg.com/CustomerService/ContactUs.asp). Newegg has, however, gotten back to me by email in regards to questions I had about this order.

@ 7:45PM PST:

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting Newegg.

We humbly apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. In reviewing your account, we show that you place order # XXXXXXXX for the video card with item # 14-150-201. Newegg provides 30 days refund and 1 year replacement warranty. Since our new web format has just been updated, there are some warranty type mistakes on our website currently. We are taking action required to remedy the issue. If you have further inquiries, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you,

Xxxx Xxx

@ 10:57PM PST:

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting Newegg.

We humbly apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. All items listed on our website are new unless noted with the word 'Open Box' in bold lettering just before the product description. We will also list the letter 'R' at the end of the Newegg item number. (i.e. N82E16822111138R) Please rest assured that retail item # 14-150-201 is a new and unopened one. If you have further inquiries, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you,

Xxxx Xxx

So it seems as though things are cool. We shall see. Either way, I was willing to roll the dice on this one ... if it came and was "open box" I still would have tried using it ... and if it didn't work I had 15 days to return it so there's no being "stuck" in that scenario.

Bubblebathgirl
10-18-06, 02:07 AM
The retail card arrived on schedule, brand new, and works great.

Thanks Newegg, you are forgiven for your misposting :)

BTW, the card is sold out as of when I posted this comment.

Dame. :)

Joe Public
10-19-06, 04:07 AM
Are there any reviews of 7600GT AGP cards out?

Bubblebathgirl
10-19-06, 04:43 AM
Yeah - and it's the new card to get for price/performance.

It's obviously no 7900 ... but for the money you spend you get the best deal. Plus for AGP it's the best you'll probably ever gonna be able to get since AGP is going bye bye ...

If you have a 6800 or 6600 GT especially, I would definitely recommend upgrading to the XFX 7600 GT ... if you can find one - they went very quickly on Newegg.

Google what you're looking for, you'll find the reviews.

Cheers,
BBG

Joe Public
10-19-06, 12:26 PM
I did Google (I usually do before asking), found nothing right off the bat. But I'll keep a look out.

Bubblebathgirl
10-19-06, 02:19 PM
Here's a review I found through google:

http://www.mvktech.net/content/view/3374/38/

There are lot's of reviews for the PCI version ... fewer it seems for the AGP one.

I saw a lot of forum posts about this card ... a lot of "buzz" about it ... and it's meant to replace the 6600 GT AGP which was the reliable dual dvi solution for so many of us ... single tear ...

The key hear is that this the only (7k series) card for AGP that has dual dvi support ... most others have 1 dvi and 1 analog ...

The only problem you'll have is finding it - it sold out on Newegg within a couple of days.

Cheers,
BBG