PDA

View Full Version : RMAed bfg 7800GTX got a 7800GT in return

Pages : [1] 2

LBJM
10-09-06, 09:03 PM
I recently RMAed one of my 2 bfg 7800 gtxs and I told BFG I was running them in SLI I just got a package today from ups and it was an 7800GT (which is a lesser card) and not a 7800GTX. I've emailed them about this because if I call them I'll use a few choice words I shouldn't. Has anyone else had this problem?

crainger
10-09-06, 09:06 PM
Haven't had that problem, but I have RMA'd something and received nothing at all in return.

I'm sure it's just a mix up. With any luck they will cross ship you a GTX.

LBJM
10-09-06, 09:10 PM
was the rma to bfg?

InSuboRdiNaTioN
10-09-06, 09:20 PM
BFG FTW!

crainger
10-09-06, 09:27 PM
was the rma to bfg?

No. Sparkle

I learned my lesson. EVGA FTW!

einstein_314
10-10-06, 12:11 AM
No. Sparkle

I learned my lesson. EVGA FTW!
QFT!! EVGA FTW!!(nana2)

HeavyH20
10-10-06, 12:26 AM
Well, I think there may be someone posting somewhere how they RMA'd a 7800GT and got a 7800GTX OC, instead. Their take on the situation may be a little different (BFG rules!!). :D

Looks like the RMA department fubared the shipping.

But, I have to agree, EVGA FTW.

sirplayalot
10-10-06, 12:46 AM
Probably just a mistake. When my 6800GT went bad back in the day they sent me a 6800 Ultra as a replacement. BFG has great service and they are so close to me that the shipping was amazing. I sent my faulty card on Monday. I got my new card on wednesday.

crainger
10-10-06, 01:21 AM
Inno3d FTW! :D

With all the ads, Inno3D must be the official nV News card :)

ManOnFire
10-10-06, 02:02 AM
Hi, excuse me for my n00bness but what does QFT and FTW mean? (:retard:)

Stoneyguy
10-10-06, 05:12 AM
QFT = Queer Forums Troll
FTW = Forums Thread Waste

or

QFT = Quite "F"ing True
FTW = For The Win

I think it depends on what side of the equator your on

oh and sorry to hear about the mixup LBJM. I hope the fix it quickly and give you a little "bonus" for the mixup.

DataMatrix
10-10-06, 08:58 AM
ASUS FTW!

The Boatman
10-10-06, 09:44 AM
surely QFT="Quoted For Truth"

Lfctony
10-10-06, 11:56 AM
FOR REAL, AIIII!

LBJM
10-10-06, 04:19 PM
called them up. they're sending out a 7800 gtx and putting shipping labels in the box to send the 7800GT back. I'll say this their email support is crap. their phone support is great!

Roadhog
10-10-06, 07:54 PM
FOR REAL, AIIII!

blololol :tiki: :captnkill: :maxshoot: :owned:

Becoming
10-10-06, 09:02 PM
called them up. they're sending out a 7800 gtx and putting shipping labels in the box to send the 7800GT back. I'll say this their email support is crap. their phone support is great!

Yeah I've always had good experiences with their phone people.

[AK]Zip
10-10-06, 09:15 PM
I RMAed a 7800GTX also and got a 7800GTX back with no problems. :) (BFG)

-Alex-

J-Mag
10-11-06, 01:11 PM
Back in the day I got a 6600gt back from BFG RMA instead of a 6800gt PCI-E. This was the month after I was shipped only one (a broken one at that) 6800gt PCI-E by the e-tailer, even though I ordered two. Man was I pissed. I had basically paid $1k for a 6600gt, LOL!

Finally I got everything straightend out, but it was Feb by the time everything was sorted between the e-tailer and BFG. I had ordered the two cards in Dec...

Bearclaw
10-11-06, 02:51 PM
QFT!! EVGA FTW!!(nana2)
QFT.

AthlonXP1800
10-11-06, 03:27 PM

Yes of course BFG email support is crap, it had me frustrated when I asked for RMA procedure to be done on email rather than call them on the phone, they asked for my details and I replied with details they asked for then 2 weeks on I heard nothing from them. I send an email for any news about last email with reference number and they responsed back very quick next day asked for my home address and phone number, said they will do RMA procedure when they will call me. But 2 weeks on, they never called me and I finally gave up and called on their phone support.

LBJM
10-19-06, 05:51 PM
over a week.. and no card.. they just sent me an email asking for a picture of the card front and back WTF! They already have the card! I was pissed so I called them up and they stated they needed an invoice to do an advance replacement. The phone tech on the 10th didn't say that. They better send out the correct card or else I'm not buying bfg again!

AthlonXP1800
10-20-06, 12:31 AM
over a week.. and no card.. they just sent me an email asking for a picture of the card front and back WTF! They already have the card! I was pissed so I called them up and they stated they needed an invoice to do an advance replacement. The phone tech on the 10th didn't say that. They better send out the correct card or else I'm not buying bfg again!

OMG BFG email support is worst than I thought. Are you sure you mentioned the RMA number on the email? If you did then a BFG staff who dealt with your email is off their head, if you have the staff name and I suggest you to write a letter to head of BFG Tech support complaint about it and they will sack the staff. I had advanced replacement, the phone tech on 10th should mentioned it but it seem they forgetten it when they was busy at the time.

If you cant get BFG replacement in 2 weeks time then never buy BFG again.

electrocutioner
10-20-06, 01:27 AM
BFG telephone support is a little fubar as well.
I was told I could get an advance rma on a defective 7800gs agp card I bought.Called back 2 weeks later and was told they were waiting for my card to arrive.Told them about the advance rma and they said that the problem was corrected.
I called back one week later and was told they were waiting for my card to arrive.Told them about the advance rma and they said that the problem was corrected.
I called back 2 days later and was told they were waiting for my card to arrive.Told them about the advance rma and they said that the problem was corrected.
I went through this rigamarole a couple more times (im quite serious) was told by customer reps that they would return calls and never got them.By about the 7th attempt I insisted on speaking to a supervisor and let him know I was a little pissed.
They finally did ship it out and ate the cost of the shipping (to Canada), but it was an aggravating experience.Never did find out what the problem was, but I don't think their warehouse supported advance rma on a first claim.The reason that it was offered in the first place was that they had me first re-install windows and then buy a new p/s before they would concede that the card was faulty.

AthlonXP1800
10-20-06, 02:49 AM
They finally did ship it out and ate the cost of the shipping (to Canada), but it was an aggravating experience.Never did find out what the problem was, but I don't think their warehouse supported advance rma on a first claim.The reason that it was offered in the first place was that they had me first re-install windows and then buy a new p/s before they would concede that the card was faulty.

I had advanced RMA on first claim when BFG 6800 GT card died but I am not so sure it was either videocard or the motherboard died.