PDA

View Full Version : SLI Noob

Jubeii
10-09-06, 10:49 PM
I thnk maybe this is a dumb question but I searched the forum for the answer and had no luck with the searches. Here goes:

I bought an XPS 700 w/ SLI 7900 GS cards. When I opened the box I am able toset my resolution at 1680 by 1050. First thing I did was fire up Everquest 2 and change the res there to 1680 and everything was beautiful. Next I went to Nvidia site to download the latest driver, primarily bc i noticed there was no option to enable SLI in NVIDIA settings. So I installed driver, enabled SLI and noticed the highest res i can get on this "new" driver is 1600. I have a 20" widescreen monitor, and of course prefer the 1680 res.

Is SLI not compatible with this res? I turned off SLI and still cannot go any higher then 1600 with that driver. Rollback driver and 1680 reappears as a res. Also with sli enabled, everquest crashes when i attempt to go to 1600 in game. Im sure I can find the answer to that, but I would prefer to run my desktop at 1680 res with SLI enabled. Also I am searching for this prog called coolbits and cannot find a link to it. Any help would be appreciated.

Also i understand if i do get latest driver, it can replace prog called coolbits?

DataMatrix
10-09-06, 11:35 PM
You can create your own custom resolutions inside the NVIDIA Classic Control Panel.

Jubeii
10-09-06, 11:53 PM
Thanks dude Im sure I can find some information from here regarding classic style. Once I get that straight, here comes the overclocking. <--- noob :wonder:

yehuda
10-10-06, 01:30 AM
maybe worth trying to update your monitor driver to get back those resolutions.

nekrosoft13
10-10-06, 07:51 AM
SLI will support every resolution your monitor supports.

check to make sure you have a driver for your monitor, some monitors actually do need a driver.

also to which driver did you update to? latest WHQL? or 92.91?

DataMatrix
10-10-06, 10:00 AM
maybe worth trying to update your monitor driver to get back those resolutions.

Most graphics cards get the information on how to run the monitor in a chip stored on the monitor.

DataMatrix
10-10-06, 10:01 AM
Thanks dude Im sure I can find some information from here regarding classic style. Once I get that straight, here comes the overclocking. <--- noob :wonder:
PS: I think you can make custom resolutions in the normal control panel but it's much easier in the classic one.