PDA

View Full Version : Why are the latest DX files not in the list? (DXdiag)

agentkay
10-10-06, 07:24 AM
I bit the bullet and got me XP/SP2 because I wanted to play Company of Hereos and FSX (XP only games). I installed all necessary drivers/latest DX and wanted to check out DXdiag. However, they are not showing up but I did install the latest DX several times. They donīt appear on my Win2K system HDD either, but I thought that itīs normal since the OS isnīt officially supported anymore.

I remember from others (with XP) that the latest DX files (Jan 06, June 06 etc.) appeared in the DXdiag list.

My screenshot with the "problem":
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/1332/whybx1.th.jpg (http://img167.imageshack.us/my.php?image=whybx1.jpg)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or ideas!

Stoneyguy
10-10-06, 08:29 AM
errrr.... use the scroll bar and scroll up?

agentkay
10-10-06, 01:16 PM
errrr.... use the scroll bar and scroll up?

:lol: Thats the very first thing that I did. I "sorted" the table by the date, old files are on top and newest on the bottom and as you can see (on the screenshot) itīs already scrolled all the way to the bottom (the newest files).

Stoneyguy
10-10-06, 05:38 PM
the directx files I have are dated 8/4/06

what files in particular are you refering to?

agentkay
10-10-06, 09:15 PM
the directx files I have are dated 8/4/06

what files in particular are you refering to?

Basically the ones from this year and 2005. Can you post your DxDiag list? TIA.

rewt
10-10-06, 09:59 PM
They don't show up for me either. Although I do have some newer files, but I'm pretty sure they're from the DirectX SDK I have installed.

The games requiring newer DirectX dlls work fine, so I'm not worried.

agentkay
10-11-06, 05:17 AM
They don't show up for me either. Although I do have some newer files, but I'm pretty sure they're from the DirectX SDK I have installed.

The games requiring newer DirectX dlls work fine, so I'm not worried.

Thanks for the info. I guess the games would complain if they didnīt have the correct or missing DX files.

rewt
10-11-06, 05:34 AM
Thanks for the info. I guess the games would complain if they didnīt have the correct or missing DX files.

Yes, they would.