PDA

View Full Version : AFTER BURNER CLIMAX: here's what a 6800GT can do when not hampered by windoze

AirRaid
10-11-06, 03:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_OO28wz_G4

I just climmaaaaaaxed in my pants.

that's what a GeForce 6800 GT can do when not crippled by windows, though still using PC architecture.

Bearclaw
10-11-06, 03:38 PM
It's alright....cideo is poor quality..

Q
10-11-06, 03:39 PM
As much as our hardware is being hampered by overhead, its MUCH much MUCH more hampered by general programming. When you know EXACTLY what hardware you have running your software, you can produce amazing results. But when you have to account for millions of configurations and worry about the least common denomenator, you're never going to get the most from hardware.

This is one of the reasons why those "boot a game from a light linux disk" games never took off. (In reference to the America's Army 64bit version Linux CD)

Windows does take some overhead, but only a fraction in the big picture.

a12ctic
10-11-06, 03:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_OO28wz_G4

I just climmaaaaaaxed in my pants.

that's what a GeForce 6800 GT can do when not crippled by windows, though still using PC architecture.
In a fresh windows install @ 1.8ghz my proc gets 45 seconds in super pi, in a linux install ive been using for over a year @ 1.8ghz I get 33 seconds ;)

DataMatrix
10-11-06, 04:58 PM
Haha, that old man is going pure sick on that game.

CaptNKILL
10-11-06, 05:50 PM
I'm sure if a PC game developer wanted to make a game that caused you to die a lot and have siezures (the point of all arcade games) they could do it too.

Flashing screens and explosions everywhere dont make for good graphics. :p

crainger
10-11-06, 06:08 PM
Flashing screens and explosions everywhere dont make for good graphics. :p

Yeah. It's needs at least one vampire to make the game the best evah!

CaptNKILL
10-11-06, 06:32 PM
Yeah. It's needs at least one vampire to make the game the best evah!
:maxshoot: :zombie_su :zombie3: :zombie_su :zombie3: :zombie3: :zombie_su