PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex 2 freezes everytime

litri
10-12-06, 10:11 AM
Hi all,

I'm experiencing very hard times to make Deus Ex 2 work in my rig. I've installed the european version of the game which already inlcudes the patch 1.2 which was released separately in U.S. and I use a previously created profile. I start the game, all the videos and other stuff play perfectly until i get to the main title screen (the one with the Deus Ex logo spinning in 3D) in which the game freezes and I always have to restart the computer.

I'm using forceware 91.47whql and it happens even if I do not create a specific profile for the game.

What's wrong with it??

Thx.

stevemedes
10-12-06, 10:18 AM
Hi all,

I'm experiencing very hard times to make Deus Ex 2 work in my rig. I've installed the european version of the game which already inlcudes the patch 1.2 which was released separately in U.S. and I use a previously created profile. I start the game, all the videos and other stuff play perfectly until i get to the main title screen (the one with the Deus Ex logo spinning in 3D) in which the game freezes and I always have to restart the computer.

I'm using forceware 91.47whql and it happens even if I do not create a specific profile for the game.

What's wrong with it??

Thx.

Hey buddy,

Have you tried updating the game with the latest patch?

Do you have DirectX installed?

nekrosoft13
10-12-06, 10:19 AM
it has nothing to do with nvidia, nothing to do with directx etc...

deus ex 2 doesn't work correctly on dual core machines

there are 3 ways around it

1) launch game, quickly alt tab and set affinity to single core.

2) use a program to set affinity before launch, there are few out there.

3) install AMD Dual-Core Optimizer, this will fix the problem.
http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/utilities/Setup.exe