PDA

View Full Version : Just got a 22" HP Monitor

Pages : [1] 2

nvnews-reader
10-12-06, 07:01 PM
I was going to buy a WS LCD but after looking at the prices I went with A new HP P1230 P9613A Diamondtron Perfect Flat Screen .24mm 2048x1536 TwoTone (Silver/Black)

I got it for $174.50 :) at azatek.com. They sell both referbs/used as well as some new monitors. The clarity is much better than my 19" dell thats a few years old.

CaptNKILL
10-12-06, 07:05 PM
Sweet. Thats a really nice price.

I'm still a CRT guy myself. My 19" NEC Multisync is an awesome monitor. I use the 3 brightness modes (superbright modes) all the time. I couldnt go without them.

Bearclaw
10-12-06, 07:33 PM
Awesome purchase man. I am planning on a new widescreen monitor in the future for myself.

CaptNKILL
10-12-06, 07:39 PM
Holy crap...

http://www.azatek.com/details.asp?iid=707

The 22" model of my monitor is only $144. :drooling:

I wonder how much the shipping would be. Not that I need it, but hell, thats a smoking deal on a fantastic screen.

Bearclaw
10-12-06, 08:10 PM
Holy crap...

I wonder how much the shipping would be. Not that I need it, but hell, thats a smoking deal on a fantastic screen.
Ya, seriously. There are some nice deals there.

Heinz68
10-12-06, 08:25 PM
Holy crap...

Shipping & Handling to USA (Ground Only): $35.50
Shipping & Handling to Canada (Ground Only): $44.38

Nv40
10-12-06, 08:49 PM
hey guys im looking for a kick ass monitor that i can use in windows Vista.

i have heard that CRT monitors doesnt support 64bits windows.. or thats what i understand since no drivers are made by the manufacturer.. ANy help here chosing a monitor in that site ,that support resolutions 19xx or more that i can use in windows Vista 64bit or at least windowsXp 64 ?

crainger
10-12-06, 08:56 PM
hey guys im looking for a kick ass monitor that i can use in windows Vista.

i have heard that CRT monitors doesnt support 64bits windows.. or thats what i understand since no drivers are made by the manufacturer.. ANy help here chosing a monitor in that site ,that support resolutions 19xx or more that i can use in windows Vista 64bit or at least windowsXp 64 ?

Any monitor will be fine in Vista 64. Vista like XP has basically plug and play monitor support, any monitor made in the last 10 or more years will be fine with the standard driver. No need for a manufactures driver.

nvnews-reader
10-12-06, 10:09 PM
It took about 10 days to get it. I was really temped to get the 24" widescreen CRT but it had to be shipped freight on a pallet. (To heavy for UPS or Fedex I guess) I wonder how much it weighs? I think my desk might have collasped. :p

mullet
10-12-06, 10:43 PM
I totaly love mine its huge but the picture is awsome on the NEC FE2111sb 22" CRT. the SB mode ingame look awsome with it.

Infinity666
10-12-06, 11:10 PM
It took about 10 days to get it. I was really temped to get the 24" widescreen CRT but it had to be shipped freight on a pallet. (To heavy for UPS or Fedex I guess) I wonder how much it weighs? I think my desk might have collasped. :p

And does it work like new. I found that place a while ago but I was kind of skeptic but for those prices :)

Smokey
10-13-06, 05:19 AM
The reason they're so cheap, is because nobody wants crt anymore. But yes, a good crt will have better image quality than most lcds, I wont say all, because after using an Iilama VMP450 for 6 yrs, and this NEC 20wgx2, I can say this NEC has just as good quality, maybe even better IMO.

nekrosoft13
10-13-06, 06:48 AM
Any monitor will be fine in Vista 64. Vista like XP has basically plug and play monitor support, any monitor made in the last 10 or more years will be fine with the standard driver. No need for a manufactures driver.

but if he ever wants to watch some later HD-DVD or blu-ray movies he will be screwed. i don't think they will release CRT with HDCP

CaptNKILL
10-13-06, 07:38 AM
If I feel like going a little crazy with my $$$ I might have to get one of those 22" NEC screens. I like the dual inputs on the HP model (I'd deffinitely put that to use) but I know the quality of NEC monitors and I absolutely love them. I think I may have seen screens sharper than my current 19", but the menus are great (with dozens of different options) and I rarely have to mess with the shape of the screen.

I'll go with an LCD some day, but I deffinitely prefer CRTs. The only reasons I can think of for getting an LCD are that they are smaller\lighter, quieter (they dont make that big DONGGGGG noise when you turn them on like larger CRTs do... and that can be anoying at 3AM when everyone else is asleep), sometimes sharper (at the native res) and generally have better screen geometry without making you fiddle with settings. Other than that, CRTs win at just about everything else. My screen looks perfect at any resolution from some wierd ass 120x80 Atari emulator resolution all the way up to 2048x1536 (at almost any refresh rate I want). Playing as many old and new games as I do, scalability is a requirement.

If I wasnt worried about the desk space I would probably have one of those 22" screens on the way right now. :p

I'm also in no hurry to go widescreen. I'm not sold on it, and it takes up a ton of space... not to mention there are still games that dont support it (which is sad).

Saintster
10-13-06, 02:39 PM
i was very hesitant to go lcd but once I did i'll never get a crt. I just got this 24 ich benq love it.

Bearclaw
10-13-06, 03:39 PM
If I feel like going a little crazy with my $$$ I might have to get one of those 22" NEC screens. I like the dual inputs on the HP model (I'd deffinitely put that to use) but I know the quality of NEC monitors and I absolutely love them. I think I may have seen screens sharper than my current 19", but the menus are great (with dozens of different options) and I rarely have to mess with the shape of the screen.

I'll go with an LCD some day, but I deffinitely prefer CRTs. The only reasons I can think of for getting an LCD are that they are smaller\lighter, quieter (they dont make that big DONGGGGG noise when you turn them on like larger CRTs do... and that can be anoying at 3AM when everyone else is asleep), sometimes sharper (at the native res) and generally have better screen geometry without making you fiddle with settings. Other than that, CRTs win at just about everything else. My screen looks perfect at any resolution from some wierd ass 120x80 Atari emulator resolution all the way up to 2048x1536 (at almost any refresh rate I want). Playing as many old and new games as I do, scalability is a requirement.

If I wasnt worried about the desk space I would probably have one of those 22" screens on the way right now. :p

I'm also in no hurry to go widescreen. I'm not sold on it, and it takes up a ton of space... not to mention there are still games that dont support it (which is sad).

I am feeling kind of crazy also. I almost bought a 20.1 inch sceptre widescreen form a friend last night. He offered it to me for 260.

nvnews-reader
10-13-06, 05:20 PM
And does it work like new. I found that place a while ago but I was kind of skeptic but for those prices :)

It works great. I'd buy from them again.

Mathesar
10-14-06, 12:37 AM
Newegg is currently selling brand new 22" NEC Diamondtron CRTs for $799 , Crazy price but an awesome monitor, You wont find many places (if any) selling new trinitron crt's these days, Im still using my now 5 year old Sony GDM-FW900 24" CRT and love it :thumbsup:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824002091

CaptNKILL
10-14-06, 01:15 AM
Newegg is currently selling brand new 22" NEC Diamondtron CRTs for $799 , Crazy price but an awesome monitor, You wont find many places (if any) selling new trinitron crt's these days, Im still using my now 5 year old Sony GDM-FW900 24" CRT and love it :thumbsup:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824002091
Is it worth the $650 over the one I linked to earlier? :o

CaptNKILL
10-14-06, 01:40 AM
Wow, the HP P1230 the original poster linked to is even better than the NEC model I was looking at from the specs. It does 2048x1536 at a whopping 85Hz AND it has dual outputs... its pretty much identical to the $800 screen Mathesar linked to.

Holy crap, its taking all of my willpower to not buy that HP screen right now...

Must... resist...

EDIT: *bites finger nails*

Mannn... you guys have no idea how close I am to plunking down $174.50 just like the OP.(pb) (daz) :skeleton2

EDIT2: A 6 Month warranty on an amazingly well priced Grade-A refurb of a top of the line CRT... does it get any better? I dont know if I should pass this up... :(:(:(:(

CaptNKILL
10-14-06, 02:43 AM
Ok, I'm weak.

I've got one on the way right now. :p

I dont think I'll regret it though. What a monster of a screen. I cant wait to see Battlefield 2 PoE2 at 2048x1536 on a 22" CRT powered by a G80.

:D

PSYCHODAD
10-14-06, 02:55 AM
Ok, I'm weak.

I've got one on the way right now. :p

I dont think I'll regret it though. What a monster of a screen. I cant wait to see Battlefield 2 PoE2 at 2048x1536 on a 22" CRT powered by a G80.

:D

nice....

spoop
10-14-06, 07:36 AM
Wow, I kinda regret buying this Samsung 20" widescreen lcd now :(

Mathesar
10-14-06, 08:52 AM
It's hit and miss with Azatek.com as seen in this thread. (http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1102797&page=1&pp=20) ,and here. (http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1030066550&postcount=89) Refurbs are a gamble.

DataMatrix
10-14-06, 09:16 AM
I was going to buy a WS LCD but after looking at the prices I went with A new HP P1230 P9613A Diamondtron Perfect Flat Screen .24mm 2048x1536 TwoTone (Silver/Black)

I got it for $174.50 :) at azatek.com. They sell both referbs/used as well as some new monitors. The clarity is much better than my 19" dell thats a few years old.

I'm sure your eyes will agree it's a better monitor, with all that radiation an' all :).