PDA

View Full Version : Flickering shadows on architecture in Oblivion?

Pedoroshi
10-13-06, 09:51 AM
Hey everyone,
I've recently noticed this odd graphical glitch on the Imperial City's walls and bridges from outside, in which the walls and bridges get illuminated or darkened instantly as I look around the landscape.

See a video of the glitch here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcuL1WtaRxw

It seemed to have popped at the same time I installed the modded XTG 92.91 Nvidia drivers, but it could just be coincidence...
All that I know is that those drivers were supposed to give better performance and IQ. They also had changed some default visual settings such as making use of Transparency AA supersampling. However I'm using Nvidia's default settings right now and I still get it.

I tried 92.91 nvidia beta regular drivers, 91.33 and 84.21. I tried disabling all mods and BSA edits. I also tried using the Oblivion.ini backup and reinstalling the game. All to no avail as the glitch is still there. I wonder if this is normal or if there is a possible fix for it? It happens in both day and night and I don't remember noticing it before, I wonder why it happens. There are some games that also have flickering shadows such as BF2 or Tomb Raider: Legend.

Thanks!

LT.Schaffer
10-13-06, 05:15 PM
I also get that glitch:(
I'm using 91.47 Drivers

Pedoroshi
10-13-06, 06:30 PM
I also get that glitch:(
I'm using 91.47 Drivers

Yeah I also tried 91.47 beta and non-beta... same glitch. I guess I'll have to deal with it then. :thumbdwn:

Thanks for your feedback!