PDA

View Full Version : Gear of Wars...Camera

lukrad
10-13-06, 07:50 PM
I was looking at video preview of this. Looks good, but i don't like the camera. It's really bad for eyes...Is this first person shooting or 3rd person shooting game?

Redeemed
10-13-06, 10:37 PM
It will be third person. And last I heard, it wont be available on the PC. Atleast not upon release that is. :(

jolle
10-14-06, 03:37 AM
Was deeply disapointed when I saw it played..
The art and graphics looks great, but the gameplay seems pretty crappy IMO..
Like Halo sortof..
ohwell, could have been really cool as a first person game on PC.
Halo sure as hell looked a ton more fun in the last PC video (from 2000 I think) before it was ported to xbox and nerfed..

[BANDIT]
10-14-06, 05:51 AM
Believe me, it will be available on the PC! :)

BioHazZarD
10-14-06, 07:02 AM
Ive seen a few videos and i cant seem to figure out what would be so bad about the camera ? its not different then most third person games i played.

msxyz
10-14-06, 07:04 AM
It's a game essentially made for consoles with an analog stick in mind, what were you expecting ?

I've come to realize that a "behind the shoulders" approach is probably better when no mouse is available. Aiming feels more natural as the camera rotates somewhat slower and has a wider angle than from first person view.

saturnotaku
10-14-06, 08:10 AM
Halo sure as hell looked a ton more fun in the last PC video (from 2000 I think) before it was ported to xbox and nerfed..

It was exactly the same. You're just pissed that it didn't come out for the PC until much later. Same deal with Gears of War. The over the shoulder perspective is great when using a console controller. Did you ever play Resident Evil 4?

Edge
10-14-06, 10:26 AM
The camera is more or less a Splinter Cell/Resident Evil 4 inspired zooming-in 3rd person camera. It seems to work pretty well, quite a few games are adapting that control method since it more or less gives you the benefits of both third person and first person. That was somewhat of a problem with most games that had a third person camera but were also first person: the game wasn't really playable in third person since you have no method of reliable aiming (Planetside, BF1942, Operation Flashpoint, etc.).

Err, what Halo PC video? The game didn't even switch to first person until it was in development for Xbox, and before the Xbox builds all they had were basic maps and weapons without any actual gameplay yet (no AI, mission structure, etc.: it was scripting). I think you should go back and look at those PC videos if you really think it was "nerfed" when it went to the Xbox.

jolle
10-14-06, 10:56 AM
It was exactly the same. You're just pissed that it didn't come out for the PC until much later. Same deal with Gears of War. The over the shoulder perspective is great when using a console controller. Did you ever play Resident Evil 4?
Have you even seen the video?
http://files.filefront.com/halo_e3_2000zip/;845493;;/fileinfo.html/1/1

Edge
10-14-06, 03:17 PM
Have you even seen the video?
http://files.filefront.com/halo_e3_2000zip/;845493;;/fileinfo.html/1/1
You do realize all of that was just scripted, right? And it isn't exactly exciting from a gameplay standpoint...none of those sequences were going to be used in the actual game, since you were supposed to be controlling the Master Chief throughout it.

jolle
10-14-06, 09:19 PM
You do realize all of that was just scripted, right? And it isn't exactly exciting from a gameplay standpoint...none of those sequences were going to be used in the actual game, since you were supposed to be controlling the Master Chief throughout it.
Yeah, but Im mainly thinking about the more open and free type of game it appeared to be before MS bought it..

Anyhow, this isnt really going anywhere useful.
Lets just say Im not a console gamer, and I would have prefered GoW as a first person PC game since I really like the look of it.
Its prolly still a good game if you like that sort of stuff, I just dont thats all.

Knot3D
10-15-06, 08:37 AM
everything which looks good should be first person ? I disagree :thumbdwn:

Personally i find fps always to be LESS immersive becuz it's still a flat 2D screen.

3rd person i have more and wider focal view, which is more like our real life sight .

ralinn
10-15-06, 02:29 PM
I agree with Knot3D. I would have expected a game like this to be an FPS. I'm glad it's different.

anticitizenzero
10-15-06, 02:45 PM
It'll come out for PC but will add the option of First Person View!! (nana2)

Becoming
10-15-06, 05:31 PM
I doubt the very cover-centric way it seems to be designed would really benefit from a first person point of view. Why is it so hard to believe it was intentionally designed to be played from that perspective?

SH64
10-15-06, 06:11 PM
Gear of Wars or Gears of War ? :p

i'm really starting to doubt this game to come out for PC :|

Intel17
10-15-06, 10:17 PM
I'd bet this game isn't coming to the PC. Microsoft probably paid Epic a fortune to keep it X360 exclusive. I guess Epic doesn't get my money.