PDA

View Full Version : Low performance with Geforce 7950 GX2

Emerald
10-14-06, 07:50 AM
Hi.

I just bought brand new computer components and I'm having some performance problems with my Geforce 7950 GX2 graphics card. For instance I only get 2000 points in 3dmark 06.

I don't know if I'm supposed to be able to activate the Multi-GPU function with only 1 GX2 card, but the option "Set Multi-GPU Configuration" does not appear on my computer within my Nvidia display settings.

I'm using Windows XP 64 bits with Nvidias 91.47 driver and here's my computer specs:

- Intel Pentium 3,2 Ghz with hyperthreading

- Asus P5LD2-VM motherboard with latest BIOS (compitable with the GX2)

- 2048 GB of DDR2 RAM

- XFX Geforce 7950 GX2

Could anyone assist with some help? I'd appreciate it.

K007
10-14-06, 08:31 AM
GX2 = SLI.

You can get nhancer beta one and then enable SLI load balance bars. Then rerun your 3dmark tool and see if the sli bars shows.

If it dosen't then you need to make sure your driver is setup properly.

Best advice..install driver...and let it be.

yehuda
10-14-06, 09:25 AM
You should find the multi-gpu option in the 3D settings section under performance, or by running "rundll32.exe nvcpl.dll,LaunchMultiGpuApplet" (without the quotes).
This will also allow you to enable the loading bars to make sure everything is ok.

DataMatrix
10-14-06, 09:26 AM
- Intel Pentium 3,2 Ghz with hyperthreading

Your problem.

Emerald
10-14-06, 10:35 AM
k007: Where do I find the slide bars in Nhancer? Can you show me through a screenshot?

Yehuda: When I do that, I get a display window saying that my motherboard is not qualified with the 7950 GX2. But my motherboard is included on Nvidia's list of qualified motherboards for the graphics card.

Xennor
10-14-06, 10:44 AM
k007: Where do I find the slide bars in Nhancer? Can you show me through a screenshot?

Yehuda: When I do that, I get a display window saying that my motherboard is not qualified with the 7950 GX2. But my motherboard is included on Nvidia's list of qualified motherboards for the graphics card.

Did you check to make sure you have the proper BIOS loaded on your motherboard?

Emerald
10-14-06, 11:57 AM
Xennor: What would be the proper BIOS? I'm currently using version 0905.

yehuda
10-14-06, 12:54 PM
Not sure what the problem is then. The nvidia page lists ver 0508 as compatible, but 0905 is the latest so I guess it should be too.
Just to make sure, did you install your motherboard drivers?

Just saw your motherboard has onboard graphics, might be related to that. Is it disabled in the bios?

Emerald
10-14-06, 02:12 PM
There's no drivers for the motherboard. I doublechecked the cd. It doesn't matter if I disable the onboard graphics, it's beeing enabled automaticly every startup anyways.

By the way I'm using a DVI converter for my monitor. Do you think that could be the problem?

Emerald
10-14-06, 04:21 PM
Well, I have looked around at Asus support forum. And many others have the same problem, which can't seem to be solved. I guess the motherboard isn't compatible after all. 110 bucks down the toilet!