PDA

View Full Version : First Look at the C&C3 Interface!

Pages : [1] 2

CaptNKILL
10-16-06, 08:42 AM
Gamespot has a whole article on it, complete with a labeled screenshot.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/commandconquer3/news.html?sid=6159834&tag=topslot;action;1

It looks awesome. :)

This deffinitely builds some more hype for this title for me. Reminds me of the good old days. :D

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=21139&stc=1&d=1161002521

C&C 3 Control Interface/Side Bar Definitions
1. Objectives / Player Status: Click this button to view your primary and bonus objectives during the single-player campaign, or view player status and alliances during multiplayer games.

2. Sell Button: Use this button to sell your structures and be refunded a percentage of their build cost.

3. Power Toggle: Use this button to shut down an individual structure in trade of freeing up more power for the rest of your base.

4. Repair Button: Use this button to repair your damaged structures.

5. Power Meter: Use this meter to determine how much power your base is generating versus consuming. Moving your cursor over the meter will provide exact numbers.

6. Minimap: The minimap provides a strategic overview of the battlefield and allows for instant navigation to any point on the map.

7. Resources: This displays the total amount of resources available to purchase items.

8. Contextual Tab: The contextual tab provides the commander with a complete listing of all selected units and structures. This allows the commander to quickly view the composition of his forces, add or remove units from his group, give unit-specific orders without losing his top-level group selection, and a host of other organizational tools.

9. Production Tabs: Use these tabs to manage your production queues from anywhere on the battlefield. Each tab represents a unique category, specifically production structures, defensive structures, infantry, vehicles, and aircraft. By clicking on these tabs, you will be presented with all of your available construction options.

10. Production Sub-Tabs: Use the sub-tab system to manage your production queues for each individual structure, allowing you to create different units out of each barracks, war factory, etc. Each sub-tab represents a production structure under its parent production tab. By double-clicking on a sub-tab, the camera will be taken to that production structure.

11. Build Buttons: Use these buttons to queue up, pause, or cancel the building of units and structures. Remember, build times will be longer if your base is low on power.

12. Contextual Window: This section displays a portrait and the overall information about the currently selected unit or structure.

13. Health: This bar represents the remaining hit points on the selected unit or squad.

14. Upgrades: These images display which upgrades the item can receive and/or if they have already been purchased.

15. Combat Chain: These icons indicate where the unit falls in the combat chain. The green section indicates what weapon the unit has (middle icon) and what unit types that weapon is strong against. The red section indicates what unit type it is (middle icon) and what weapons that unit is weak against.

16. Veterancy: If the selected unit has earned enough combat experience to gain a rank, their new veterancy level will be displayed here.

17. Special Abilities: Use these buttons to activate special abilities for the selected unit or structure.

18. Purchase Upgrades: Use these buttons to purchase upgrades for the selected unit or structure.

19. Common Command Interface: This bottom bar allows quick and easy access to many of the most commonly used commands. Some of these include attack, move, force fire, stop, and rules of engagement.

20. Superpower Timers: Has your enemy constructed a devastating superweapon? If so, the weapon name, player color, and countdown timer will be represented here. If the timer has stopped, then the enemy is low on power and now would be your best time to strike.

21. Player Powers: Gained from building certain faction structures, these special powers can range from artillery strikes and bombing runs to radar scans and reinforcements. The left side of the screen will fill up with these powers as you gain them throughout a match.

nVidi0t
10-16-06, 08:48 AM
******* how much bloom is on that screenshot? I'll have to wear sunglasses to play this game.

CaptNKILL
10-16-06, 08:59 AM
******* how much bloom is on that screenshot? I'll have to wear sunglasses to play this game.
Yeah its pretty excessive. I think I'm getting used to it though after seeing a bunch of screenshots of this game, I didnt notice it until you mentioned it.

K007
10-16-06, 09:00 AM
Nice..firestorm unit!

K007
10-16-06, 09:02 AM
daym..no titans..those were a big thing back in cnc ts.

and yes it is bright..if u saw the gameplay video of nod vs gdi game..it is pretty bright..when flame tanks shoot..u need sunglasses..overkill imho

CaptNKILL
10-16-06, 09:04 AM
daym..no titans..those were a big thing back in cnc ts.

and yes it is bright..if u saw the gameplay video of nod vs gdi game..it is pretty bright..when flame tanks shoot..u need sunglasses..overkill imho
They are back. :D

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2006/285/reviews/932602_20061013_screen001.jpg

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2006/285/reviews/932602_20061013_screen003.jpg

K007
10-16-06, 09:10 AM
Thats actually the juganert (soz bad spelling ftw) that was a similar thing to nods artiliary..looks like they taken the titan and combine it into the old titan..cause the firestorm one u had to deploy and it would shoot..

I cauld be wrong but i see rockets comming out of it too..cauld be rockets while moving/and long range aritilary in deploy mode..

http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/article/739/739046/command-conquer-3-tiberium-wars-20061013070211529.jpg

New unit too btw for NOD..giant robots...with eagle head O.o..for nod ?!

As for brightness i think its bright in desert maps only..

Lfctony
10-16-06, 09:13 AM
Looks nice, hopefully it will play just as good. But having been spoiled by the likes of Dawn of War and Company of Heroes, I believe I'll find it rather lacking... :(

CaptNKILL
10-16-06, 09:14 AM
Oh, thats right, the Titan was the 4 legged thing. I havent played TS in a rediculously long time, so I forgot which was which.

And I dont think thats an eagle's head, its just the robot's opposite shoulder, its hard to see.

K007
10-16-06, 09:29 AM
No Titan was a 2 leg mech with 1 cannon, it was the heavy assault tank type for GDI. NOD had a normal tank that can dig on the ground and act as a gun turrent.

In firestorm u got these new Juggernaut type mechs, it cant shoot while moving it was similar to the long range artillery for NOD and had to deploy in order to shoot, and it shot 3 shots..

From the looks of it..they made this new one the bad ass one with moving dmg and have rockets for anti air defense..pretty sexy.

As for the nods new one..it shots lasers :P..and looks like mini laser towers are in the game too..those were sweet..they need stealth/laser walls lol. There was a end game robot for NOD in Firestorm i think for Kabal and that unit looks close to the one NOD has now..

Looks all good to me :)

The 4 leg big mech with i think a laser gail cannon type thing was the big ultimate for GDI...it was slow and it was ****..they got rid of it and put the mammoth tanks back in..the TS one was called Mammoth Tank MKII

SH64
10-16-06, 09:29 AM
Nice! reminds me - somewhat - of the original C&C interface :)
& indeed looks better than Generals.

BTW are they going to bring back the girly voice of the original too ? :p

CaptNKILL
10-16-06, 09:31 AM
No Titan was a 2 leg mech with 1 cannon, it was the heavy assault tank type for GDI. NOD had a normal tank that can dig on the ground and act as a gun turrent.

In firestorm u got these new Juggernaut type mechs, it cant shoot while moving it was similar to the long range artillery for NOD and had to deploy in order to shoot, and it shot 3 shots..

From the looks of it..they made this new one the bad ass one with moving dmg and have rockets for anti air defense..pretty sexy.

As for the nods new one..it shots lasers :P..and looks like mini laser towers are in the game too..those were sweet..they need stealth/laser walls lol. There was a end game robot for NOD in Firestorm i think for Kabal and that unit looks close to the one NOD has now..

Looks all good to me :)
Ah... yeah, thats what I thought the Titan was.

I think this one is shaping up to be a sweet game. I'm really looking forward to it. I hope its a nice mix of Generals and the old C&C games. I really enjoyed the old ones and Generals, but not so much TS and RA2.

BTW are they going to bring back the girly voice of the original too ? :p
Oh man, I hope so! Thatd be such a nice touch. I dont think there is a single thing they could do to the game that would bring back more of the old C&C feel than using that voice for the interface.

*crosses fingers*

Gaco
10-16-06, 09:34 AM
Looks nice, hopefully it will play just as good. But having been spoiled by the likes of Dawn of War and Company of Heroes, I believe I'll find it rather lacking... :(

I was a really big fan of Generals and I played it for several years. But that's exactly what I'm afraid of too :(

DoW never quite got my attention, but CoH certainly has.. It's gonna feel weird without strategic points, single units, various different resources etc. =/

Still hoping for the best!

K007
10-16-06, 09:35 AM
Pretty sure the girly voice for GDI and NOD gets Kabal type voice.

As for the UI..thank god its not a stupid one like Generals..

Generals is a good example of where a company like EA can destroy the CnC name...worst game eva seen with the CnC title..

K007
10-16-06, 09:37 AM
Generals had nothing of what a CnC game should be like it was a complete new game and EA just happend to have brought Westwood out and have they just used the CnC name to sell the product...anyone who thinks Generals owned is kidding himself..it was terrible online..balance was ****..and its single player game put me to sleep after the first 2-3 missions..

The girly voice name is btw EVA.:D

PS:I thought Generals was a more copy cat version of Warcraft III...and it was terrible at it.

BFME2 was an awsome game btw..the graphics in that rocked and the gameplay was so sweet..soo much better than BFME1..

CaptNKILL
10-16-06, 09:37 AM
To be honest, I'm more worried about Supreme Commander killing this game since its basically the same thing but on the enormous scale we always wished for with the old games.

They need to do everything they can to add the C&C feel back into the game to really set it apart from Supreme Commander. They both have pretty much the same level of technology... and Supreme Commander even sports naval combat, which I've reaaaally been missing since C&C: Red Alert.

EDIT: K007, I found the gameplay of Generals to be much more fun and more like the old C&C games than RA2 and TS, despite how much different it was overall. I'd never be able to say the game sucked. I thought it was fantastic. I never played it online, but I've never successfully played any RTS games online, so that doesnt matter much. They did get rid of a huge amount of the C&C feel, but it wasnt part of the C&C or Red Alert universe so I can forgive them. IMO, they tagged the C&C name onto a great game that could have been named anything else and still been a great game.

SH64
10-16-06, 09:40 AM
Dont worry .. i'm sure C&C will have its own "taste" :captnkill:

K007
10-16-06, 09:43 AM
To be honest, I'm more worried about Supreme Commander killing this game since its basically the same thing but on the enormous scale we always wished for with the old games.

They need to do everything they can to add the C&C feel back into the game to really set it apart from Supreme Commander. They both have pretty much the same level of technology... and Supreme Commander even sports naval combat, which I've reaaaally been missing since C&C: Red Alert.

Supreme Commander is something else..and its gonna come down to what your taste is..both were RTS but with different styles of gameplay..just like how Warcraft/Starcraft is like..its an RTS but different ways of playing it..and to me..online gameplay is important..and also the single story line should be nice too..of which Blizzard has done an excellent job in Warcraft/Starcraft and also the CnC series all of which had a really awsome single player style with its movies and the online side was fun..(Minus Generals).

I am more of a CnC/Warcraft/Starcraft type guy..i just hope EA wont screw the online up..which i fear it will..just like at BF2/BF2142..EA now owns Dice ass and that game is just **** for online now..its no fun getting server crashes/cant connect to master server crap..Fingers cross Cnc3 will rock online..i have no doudt CnC3 is gonna own for its single side..its defeantly gonna stick upto its classic style of gameplay..online is another question and EA usually suck when it comes to keep a game alive online.

K007
10-16-06, 09:45 AM

EDIT: K007, I found the gameplay of Generals to be much more fun and more like the old C&C games than RA2 and TS, despite how much different it was overall. I'd never be able to say the game sucked. I thought it was fantastic. I never played it online, but I've never successfully played any RTS games online, so that doesnt matter much. They did get rid of a huge amount of the C&C feel, but it wasnt part of the C&C or Red Alert universe so I can forgive them. IMO, they tagged the C&C name onto a great game that could have been named anything else and still been a great game.

Its nothing like the old CnC
-UI
-Building Style
-The Point..Tree thing..no Tech Tree just ranks..or w/e ****
-No Movies in Single player
-Connection between each side you played was dumb..ending was boring

Only thing it had was graphics..(those nukes...god dam hot)..the rest had no CnC feeling at all like Red Alert and the classic CnC...worst money i spend on..and there is quiet a few of it..Renegade was fun online..

When i finished my first mission in Generals..i was like..wtf is this ****?..EA using CnC to sell the game = lame.

The only RTS game i played from EA that was fun (pre westwood stuff like TS) BFME2..best $ i spend on a game..alot of fun..gameplay was AWSOME..graphics are superb..online was ok..

K007
10-16-06, 09:49 AM
Lets not forget the music...

"I am a mechanical man!"

SH64
10-16-06, 09:51 AM
The only RTS game i played from EA that was fun (pre westwood stuff like TS) BFME2..best $ i spend on a game..alot of fun..gameplay was AWSOME..graphics are superb..online was ok..
Agreed! i'm still having fun playing BFME2 .. best fantasy-RTS i ever played since WC.

CaptNKILL
10-16-06, 09:54 AM
Lets not forget the music...

"I am a mechanical man!"
Oh yeah, they deffinitely need some good music in this one.

And I wont argue any of your points about Generals, I just found that I've only enjoyed a few select RTS games over the years and Generals, Red Alert 1 and C&C 1 are right together at the top of the list. TS and RA2 didnt do much for me and I got bored with them pretty quickly (though I did quite a bit of modding and skirmish play in TS) and never finished the campaigns. Just off the top of my head, the only other RTS games I've really really enjoyed were AoE3, CoH and Empire Earth (and Startopia, but thats more of a sim space station game).

I just hope this new one brings back a lot of the old C&C flavor and has great gameplay along with it.

nVidi0t
10-16-06, 10:03 AM
Yeah its pretty excessive. I think I'm getting used to it though after seeing a bunch of screenshots of this game, I didnt notice it until you mentioned it.

Yeah, make no mistake, I'm a huge CnC fan and will pick this up for sure. A couple of screenshots look great. I hope there's a way to tone down the bloom.

Marvel_us
10-16-06, 10:16 AM
I can't wait for this. I remember looooooooong nights I had playing TS, hopefully this one will do the same.

superklye
10-16-06, 10:43 AM
Oh, thats right, the Titan was the 4 legged thing. I havent played TS in a rediculously long time, so I forgot which was which.

And I dont think thats an eagle's head, its just the robot's opposite shoulder, its hard to see.
No, the four-legged beast with the rail guns was the Mammoth Mk II.

Man, I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS GAME!