PDA

View Full Version : The Witcher "feature week"

msxyz
10-16-06, 12:06 PM
While the game is still at least 6 months away and a publisher has been announced for Europe only, it might be worth to give a look at some new concept art/screenshots/3d models the developers will be releasing this week as part of a self promotion to keep the public interested.

Head over to the official site http://www.thewitcher.com/witcher.asp and take a look.

For those who don't know, The Withcer is a dark, fantasy RPG aimed mainly at a oldskool audience although some elements (like semi-real time combat) should please the newer generations as well. People that miss the adult themes of RPGs like Fallout 1&2 will feel at home as The Witcher puts the player in a dark decadent world.

The game is built on the revamped Kotor engine (Bioware Aurora) just like the incoming Neverwinter Nights 2. Developers are polish and in Europe it will be published by Atari in Q2/07

nekrosoft13
10-16-06, 12:25 PM
its Polish, not polish

msxyz
10-19-06, 07:21 AM
Oh, come on! No love for this game...?

Oldskool RPG player should be happy.

CaptNKILL
10-19-06, 07:25 AM
I liked the older screenshots I saw a long time ago, it looks a lot different now.

nekrosoft13
10-19-06, 07:26 AM
i have this game on pre-order for over 8 months now

this is gonna be one f-ing good game, finally an RPG with more mature theme.

CaptNKILL
10-19-06, 07:32 AM
These are the shots that caught my eye 2 years ago:
http://www.3dgamers.com/screenshots/games/witcher/?o=80

It looks like its changed a lot over the years though. It sort of gave me a feeling of older action\adventure\RPG type games in those shots. Sort of like Dink Smallwood, Land Stalker or Light Crusader.

The newer ones look a lot closer up and less open feeling... sort of like Gothic. I'm sure if it was ever going to be good, itl still be good... I'm just disapointed that the look changed so much.

Plus, I loved the art style of the old shots... even that seems to have changed completely over the past 2 years.

nekrosoft13
10-19-06, 07:44 AM
if you think game changed now

have you seen the early alpha screenshots?

CaptNKILL
10-19-06, 07:45 AM
if you think game changed now

have you seen the early alpha screenshots?
No, what was it like?

BTW, if anyone knows of any games that ARE like the ones I listed, let me know. They seem to be few and far between. They arent the point and click Baldur's Gate type thing. You actually control the guy directly from an isometric view... but the overall idea is still similar to those kinds of RPGs (just with one character though), where you do a lot of exploring in a lot of interesting and unique places (unlike Diablo type games where its just room after room of baddies).

msxyz
10-19-06, 09:18 AM
http://www.thewitcher.com/gallery/screens/Geralt_in_Cloister_Vizim.jpg

Still 6 months of waiting :(

|MaguS|
10-19-06, 09:31 AM
So can't wait for this game!

zodiaK
10-20-06, 02:41 PM
Oh, come on! No love for this game...?

Oldskool RPG player should be happy.
Well, its just another RT RPG. Most old school RPGers have become skeptical of RT action oriented RPGs. The game keeps slipping further and further into the action department as developement progresses. I'll wait for full details of just how much choice/consequence is actually involved and if you can actual play diplomatically before I decide whether to buy it when released or wait for it to hit bargain bins.

SH0DAN
10-20-06, 04:09 PM
So can't wait for this game!

HUGE ditto on that !!!!!! :D This and Bioshock.