PDA

View Full Version : EVGA issue resolved....

Medion
10-16-06, 03:37 PM
After a month of waiting on my 7900GT CO Superclock RMA, EVGA has issed me a 7900GTO as a replacement.

I haven't made up my mind yet, but I'll consider putting it in SLI with my existing 7900GTO. That, or I'll just sell one of them.

EDIT: Yup, I meant "GT" and not "GTO".

MaXThReAT
10-16-06, 06:23 PM
Mmm, did you mean a 7900GT OC-Superclock? I don't think they make a GTO superclock. I hope they do the same for me. I just RMA'ed my step-up I just received, a 7900gtko SC artifacting. I really wouldn't mind a GTO at this point, SLi would be ea$ier. I don't see why the quality problems haven't been fixed yet but a GTO would resolve my issue.

stevemedes
10-16-06, 08:08 PM
Mmm, did you mean a 7900GT OC-Superclock? I don't think they make a GTO superclock. I hope they do the same for me. I just RMA'ed my step-up I just received, a 7900gtko SC artifacting. I really wouldn't mind a GTO at this point, SLi would be ea$ier. I don't see why the quality problems haven't been fixed yet but a GTO would resolve my issue.

there is no GTO superclock, simply the GTO, one SKU.

Medion
10-16-06, 08:55 PM
there is no GTO superclock, simply the GTO, one SKU.

He was referring to a typo of mine. I meant my GT Superclock, but I said GTO instead. Got ahead of myself.

But basically, I had the GT Superclock (N565) and it had the defective memory issue. I RMA'ed it, and got another defective card. After putting up with this, and other RMA delays, they are now giving me a 7900GTO to replace it.

stevemedes
10-16-06, 08:58 PM
He was referring to a typo of mine. I meant my GT Superclock, but I said GTO instead. Got ahead of myself.

But basically, I had the GT Superclock (N565) and it had the defective memory issue. I RMA'ed it, and got another defective card. After putting up with this, and other RMA delays, they are now giving me a 7900GTO to replace it.

sounds like a good deal to me :thumbsup:

MaXThReAT
10-18-06, 11:16 AM
After putting up with this, and other RMA delays, they are now giving me a 7900GTO to replace it.

So how did you find out? Did they ask you if was okay or did you ask them to send a GTO or was it just listed like that on the EVGA site?

stevemedes
10-18-06, 12:06 PM
So how did you find out? Did they ask you if was okay or did you ask them to send a GTO or was it just listed like that on the EVGA site?

AFAIK the GTO isn't available as an option in eVGA's stepup program.

Medion
10-18-06, 01:17 PM
They called me up and went over a few options with me. The GTO was the best option that they offered, IMO.

The other options given were to "step-down" since my 7900GT was a step-up from a 7800GT earlier this year. They'd give me $50 and a 7800GT. Since I already havea 7900GTO, this would not be useful as a single-GPU solution, for SLI, and it would have poor resale.

Second option was to give me another 7900GT CO Superclock, but even they were reluctant to do that. We all know about the memory issues, and it seems they want to phase out that card and forget about it.

The option they pushed the hardest was the replacement 7900GTO. Works for me. I can use it in SLI if I so choose, or sell it off to someone who wants a bargain. Undecided at this point. Since I don't have heatware or anything like that, I won't be selling it on this site.