PDA

View Full Version : Is is possible to buy a 19" aperture grille anymore?

sillyeagle
10-16-06, 11:01 PM
I'm pretty sure bot the Diamondtron and Trinitron tubes have been discontinued, as I cannot find any 19" aperture grille monitors any more. I have a 17" Diamondtron now, and I cannot see my self leaving its superior image quality and color for a LCD or Shadow Mask CRT.

They don't even have tube typesl isted on new egg, which is pretty lame. I guess one is to assume they are all shadow mask CRTs?

stncttr908
10-16-06, 11:47 PM
You can get an NEC FE991SB. I have one sitting in my basement actually. CapNKill still swears by his.

CaptNKILL
10-17-06, 06:25 AM
You can get an NEC FE991SB. I have one sitting in my basement actually. CapNKill still swears by his.
Yep, CRTs are still my preference. My new 22" HP CRT shipped and should be here in 2 days. All 75 pounds of it. :o

You might want to check here sillyeagle:
http://www.azatek.com/index.asp

They arent brand new but they are repackaged and supposedly in excellent condition. You simple will not be able to beat those prices anywhere, and 9 times out ot 10, a monitor isnt going to degrade in quality unless its 10 years old or defective.

SLippe
10-17-06, 08:05 AM
http://www.azatek.com/index.asp

They arent brand new but they are repackaged and supposedly in excellent condition. You simple will not be able to beat those prices anywhere, and 9 times out ot 10, a monitor isnt going to degrade in quality unless its 10 years old or defective.
Wow! Those are great prices! I like my LCD, but if I could a 22" CRT for about $80? Well, then... My only gripe about LCDs is the VSync off thing. It sucks. You pretty much have to have VSync on while gaming. I can't stand the tearing with it off, but with a good ol' CRT, that shouldn't be a problem. Thanks for posting that link, even though it wasn't for me. :D

CaptNKILL
10-17-06, 05:48 PM
Wow! Those are great prices! I like my LCD, but if I could a 22" CRT for about $80? Well, then... My only gripe about LCDs is the VSync off thing. It sucks. You pretty much have to have VSync on while gaming. I can't stand the tearing with it off, but with a good ol' CRT, that shouldn't be a problem. Thanks for posting that link, even though it wasn't for me. :D
No problem.

You might want to go look around sites like resellerratings.com though first before you decide to order anything. The store doesnt have perfect ratings, and you should know that first, but generally it looks like they support their customers fairly well. One guy ordered something and it came in with a problem so he told them and they sent him a prepaid UPS shipping label to return it. IMO, thats pretty good for a refurb seller.

I'll have my 22" HP monitor on the 19th. I cant wait! :D

BTW, it probably has the best specs of any of the monitors on there. It does 2048x1536@85Hz. The NEC 22" screen might be slightly more clear when reading text (thats what I read in the reviews) but IMO, the super high resolutions and refresh rates are what its all about, especially for gaming, and the NEC only supports (i think) 2048x1536@65hz or at the most 75hz. Also, the "super bright" modes make games look phenomenal but they cause the edges to blur a bit... so the overall sharpness doesnt matter too much in those modes. Its also like free Anti-Aliasing. I seriously cant even tell if I'm using AA or not when I run in super bright mode on my 19". :D

j0j081
10-19-06, 07:18 AM
I still like CRTs except that I am now BLIND from using this crappy one too much!

CaptNKILL
10-19-06, 07:36 AM
I guess UPS couldnt deal with the 79 pound box for my new screen... it was originally scheduled for the 20th, but its been pushed back to the 24th.

Bastards. :p

DCult
10-20-06, 06:08 AM
Who wants to buy my 3-year old NEC FP1375X (DVI-input) 22" CRT? It's in excellent condition, with no image degradation over the years. Nah, not worth it ... I've got to find someone living in the same city as myself. Not worth the transport costs. :(