PDA

View Full Version : BF2142 Intro Movie HD - awesome!

Gaco
10-17-06, 06:13 AM
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=14082&type=wmv&pl=game

Man I just love good trailers, intro intro and cutscenes of any kind - wouldn't want you guys to miss it :)

Still waiting for them reviews.. I don't trust Dice/EA enough to preorder it :p

PeterJensen
10-17-06, 06:23 AM
Well the demo sucked imo. Looks and feels like a MOD.

Gaco
10-17-06, 06:32 AM
Yeah I thought it was kinda boring too.. But I was optimistic and thought "hey it's just a demo, not representing the final game!". But I must acknowledge: what are the oods :(

And now this business with spyware? I think I'm gonna leave this game.. Still doesn't make the intro any less cool :D

K007
10-17-06, 07:13 AM
a mod with crappy support/servers

SLippe
10-17-06, 08:24 AM
Cool intro.

Rooster_11
10-17-06, 01:22 PM
Yeah kickass intro! That does look like a mod rather than a full game. oh well..

toxikneedle
10-17-06, 01:56 PM
lol nice webstie address, www.buybf2142.com

ENU291
10-17-06, 01:58 PM
BF 2142 is just a crappy mod. EA needs to try better if they want my money!

shungokusatsu
10-17-06, 02:06 PM
I agree with pretty much everyone, it's feels like a shoddy Mod and the load times are more unforgiving than BF2.

toxikneedle
10-17-06, 03:48 PM
I saw this on some forum today:

http://www.hostimage.org/img/82432.jpg

Gaco
10-17-06, 04:30 PM
^That is BS.. I sure hope this doesn't infect too many other EA titles, and that they will be punished by the consumers for this experiemental addition. I'm not buying BF2142 for sure now (although I was 80% sure before). Imagine Crysis shipping with this **** - :(

Sazar
10-17-06, 04:54 PM
So thats where the latest futuremark thinger came from.

UDawg
10-17-06, 05:20 PM
I agree with pretty much everyone, it's feels like a shoddy Mod and the load times are more unforgiving than BF2.
BF2142 loads much more quickly than BF2. All of my buddies who play BF2 with me noticed this.

BTW I was disappointed in the demo also.

Gaco
10-17-06, 05:55 PM
BF2142 loads much more quickly than BF2. All of my buddies who play BF2 with me noticed this.

BTW I was disappointed in the demo also.

But ok in that regard BF2 has better graphics and anti cheat protection I guess.. stil doesn't excuse the load time for todays standards :thumbdwn:

UDawg
10-17-06, 06:12 PM
But ok in that regard BF2 has better graphics and anti cheat protection I guess.. stil doesn't excuse the load time for todays standards :thumbdwn:
I completely agree. When BF1942 or BF2 loads I go and write another novel. It drives me nuts how bloated and a memory hog Dice's games are.

WRT to BF2 not having anti-cheat protection and better graphics, this is a good point. As it stands we just noticed that the load times are much faster. Keep in mind not all the game is unlocked in the demo either so I add in your point and we will prolly have the same load times.

grey_1
10-17-06, 06:16 PM
^That is BS.. I sure hope this doesn't infect too many other EA titles, and that they will be punished by the consumers for this experiemental addition. I'm not buying BF2142 for sure now (although I was 80% sure before). Imagine Crysis shipping with this **** - :(
I won't buy it if that crapwares on there. It'll bother me when I start seeing users post awesome crysis screens, but I'll live. BF2142 is a no go for me because of it.

Peoples-Agent
10-18-06, 01:29 AM
I was considering getting this game till I read that, can count me out thanks.
So I wonder, once your anti-spyware kit deletes the crap installed that does this, will the game no longer work?

If it's just ingame adverts, I can live with that, but it states on there it collects data but nothing personal. Almost as if to say its like an automatic marketing questionaire.

Yuck! ... i'll just wait for Frontlines.

K007
10-18-06, 02:17 AM
They might consider it a hack and ban ure account/key and force you to buy a new copy..a few people got banned for using dxtweaker

Gaco
10-18-06, 06:04 AM
I won't buy it if that crapwares on there. It'll bother me when I start seeing users post awesome crysis screens, but I'll live. BF2142 is a no go for me because of it.

I would buy Crysis in any case I'm afraid. I wouldn't miss that game for nothing; it's not such a big matter of principle for me, though I find it very unsympathetic and repulsive. Actually I'd probably try and find a pirated version of it. It's not like me at all, but all the last drop of respect for EA would be gone right there and I'd just send 40$ to Crytek anonymously :)

Anyway I'm sure Crytek would never agree to do it, so I don't really worry.. I'm still puzzled why they moved from Ubisoft to EA Games :|

Stoneyguy
10-18-06, 06:28 AM
If it's just ingame adverts, I can live with that, but it states on there it collects data but nothing personal. Almost as if to say its like an automatic marketing questionaire.

Your pretty much right on both accounts. It only affects in game adverts. Basicly it records when you look at the ads, where your looking at it from, and how long you look at them. Word has it that it's purpose is to track your ad looking info and combine it with others as stats to show the advertisers. So in that sence it is basicly a marketing questionaire.

nutcrackr
10-18-06, 06:30 AM
How anybody can say the game looks crappy or bland is beyond me

grey_1
10-18-06, 07:20 AM
I would buy Crysis in any case I'm afraid. I wouldn't miss that game for nothing; it's not such a big matter of principle for me, though I find it very unsympathetic and repulsive. Actually I'd probably try and find a pirated version of it. It's not like me at all, but all the last drop of respect for EA would be gone right there and I'd just send 40$ to Crytek anonymously :)

Anyway I'm sure Crytek would never agree to do it, so I don't really worry.. I'm still puzzled why they moved from Ubisoft to EA Games :|

Eh, I'll end up buying it in spite of my little rant...it is just repulsive though. I'm wondering if a firewall can be configured to stop it from going out, has to be a way.

Gaco
10-18-06, 10:29 AM
Eh, I'll end up buying it in spite of my little rant...it is just repulsive though. I'm wondering if a firewall can be configured to stop it from going out, has to be a way.

Yeah I'm sure there is.. and the method would spread like fire on the online forums :D

Still I don't think we should worry too much about it :)